Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825352 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1425 on: June 22, 2015, 11:12:04 am »

You've discovered the hidden Beach Ball of Death feature. :P
Too bad it didn't stay hidden long enough for the DoA Volleyball mod to get finished. ;)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 22, 2015, 11:20:47 am »

Given that I'm trying to make a 16th-17th century cannon, I kinda wanted it to tear through. Plus, I tried making a grapeshot-type ammo for it, but the ["SHOT"] tag doesn't seem to do much. But then, so far, I have yet to score a single hit on anything at all. The 5x5 block of zombie children? From a distance, nothing. Point-blank? "The shot misses!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 22, 2015, 12:03:14 pm »

Yeah, [BOUNCE] is what is used for the chain lightning bionic IIRC, I don't think we have a "pierce-through" particular type of ammo flag yet. And an explosion rework just went in 3 days back, so if you are doing stuff with explosives you might want to redownload the latest if you haven't already. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 22, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »

Likewise, and artillery shell with ["EXPLOSIVE_BIG"] and a damage of 4000 barely does damage to me when I shoot myself with it.

Ammo explosion strength is still hard-coded. That 4000 damage will only affect the target directly hit. The explosion around it is determined solely by the flag EXPLOSIVE_BIG which has a set strength of 40. From what I can tell, that strength is attenuated by 20% per tile and if you're standing in the explosion, you take a random 50% to 100% of this attenuated strength to limbs which ignores 80% of limb armor, and 33% to 100% to head/torso which 70% of head/torso armor.

So if you were 3 tiles away from the center of an EXPLOSIVE_BIG explosion, you'd take ~6-20 damage to your head/torso, slightly mitigated by any armor you might have. Graphically though, this explosion will reach something like 16 tiles away, though it won't be more than a breeze at the outer edges.

It's unfortunate ammo explosions are still hard-coded since hand-grenades and other thrown explosives appear to have variable strength.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 22, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »

every damn experimental

*download*
have sweatpants been added yet?
no?
maybe next time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 22, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

Do it yourself!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 22, 2015, 05:43:42 pm »

Do it yourself!

alright, i'll give it a shot, i guess. I don't know much about doing this kinda thing, though.
what program will i need to do this

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 22, 2015, 06:17:49 pm »

Do it yourself!

alright, i'll give it a shot, i guess. I don't know much about doing this kinda thing, though.
what program will i need to do this

Notepad, although Notepad++ is better.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 22, 2015, 06:24:35 pm »

Odd. I've had that problem until recently. The last time it occured I saw I had NPCs off, so I started a new world with them on, which worked apparently. Did you use the evac shelter console to find the center?

Spoiler: That barricaded bit (click to show/hide)

Did with, without, as fast as fast goes i created new map and used the evac shelter then TPed me straight there, then a new map a few map tile away to let spawn gen kick in, cant be faster than light i dont think so.

Well a mystery. Ill check back in a few day and see again, maybe its m character that i copy over that is bugged somewhere. I just dont want to start over again i got this badass i really want to keep, at worst i think ill make a new character and edit the savefile information such as skill stats and equipement with notepad.

Anyway lets hope it unbug one day because i wanna see what that community farm/outpost has to offer :D.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 22, 2015, 06:30:49 pm »

Alrighty. I've got notepad++ installed. Anyone have experience on this kinda stuff? Mainly how to commit it?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 22, 2015, 06:50:12 pm »

Alrighty. I've got notepad++ installed. Anyone have experience on this kinda stuff? Mainly how to commit it?
Contribution to the actual project is actually a bit complex to get set up, since the world of open source contribution is one of a vast number of competing "clients" and "standards" :P. Here's a "basic" walkthrough of what you need to do, but honestly my first suggestion would be going to the Cataclysm IRC chat (linked to from the cataclysm website main page, and preferably in the evening when it is most active) and ask if anyone can help you get set stuff set up. It's one of those things that is kinda complex to do, but you only need to do most things once and then they take care of themselves after that.

Worst case scenario I should be able to log on to the chat sometime tomorrow when I get my normal computer back to guide you through the process, if you can't manage it yourself before then or find someone in the IRC channel who can walk you through getting everything set up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1436 on: June 22, 2015, 07:51:38 pm »

Alternatively, if you don't care about trying to maintain the rights to it/credit for it, you could post it here in a zip, and one of the many contributors that frequent the thread can do a PR for it themselves.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 22, 2015, 11:18:47 pm »

First of all, thanks again bay12 for another awesome game that I might have never found. Second of all, are backpacks used automatically or do I need to fill them manually? I seem to become encumbered so quickly and I think I might be doing it wrong.

Edit: Thank goodness I am better at real life then I am at this game. I am trying to get books off of a bookshelf, I try using G for grab something nearby. *character grabs bookshelf and swears furiously trying to gain delicious knowledge.

Edit II: ok, "e" for examine nearby terrain helped me help myself to adjacent books.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:33:52 pm by Dorfs R Fun »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 22, 2015, 11:25:58 pm »

Wear the backpack by using Shift+W, that's about it for using one. That goes for all clothing items. If you have done that, you might have simply filled it up with items. The average backpack size in C:DDA is 10 litres (40 volume units) which isn't too much for scavenging. You might need to drop some items or find a bigger pack.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:18 pm »

I think you've reached a new low in life when you are standing in a virtual bathroom trying to figure out what key to press to drink toilet water because your character is dying of thirst.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 451