Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825683 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1260 on: May 24, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »

Its the proverbial person teaching you to fish.
'Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you will feed him until zombies controlled by extradimensional amorphous life ambush him while he is reading a human flesh cookbook perched on a child's corpse while high on literally everything.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 24, 2015, 02:43:08 pm »

Its the proverbial person teaching you to fish.
'Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you will feed him until zombies controlled by extradimensional amorphous life ambush him while he is reading a human flesh cookbook perched on a child's corpse while high on literally everything.'
Exactly.

Also: To OOCAFQ's!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 24, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »

Asking again because I never got an answer.

Anyone know the steps to decompile and recompile the tiles version for Windows under Codeblocks?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #1263 on: May 24, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »

Anyone know the steps to decompile and recompile the tiles version for Windows under Codeblocks?

Fork the official repo. Compile with TILES=1.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 24, 2015, 04:29:56 pm »

Doesn't work. Compiler spits out errors and freezes up.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:15 pm »

Do you have all dependencies? SDL2, SDL2_ttf, SDL2_image? The .dll's necessary to run things? There's a thread on the forum that has all dependencies in one archive, I believe.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 25, 2015, 06:41:34 am »

Doublepost. I know this question probably has a very obvious answer, but... why is there a river of lava directly under a government shelter? That time when it was a lab was bad enough.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 25, 2015, 06:42:45 am »

The lava industry got a great lobbyist.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 25, 2015, 08:17:46 am »

The lowest bidder was obviously a mad scientist with more lava than he knew what to do with at his secret volcano base.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 25, 2015, 08:22:42 am »

You know, there's times you just have to say "Fuck it, I'm gonna die anyway, let's at least open up the debug menu and have fun with it. A few hundred zombies with two masters and tons of other specials in there surrounding me on day one? Definitely qualifies. At least I managed to blow a bunch to hell with incendiary grenades (my favourites after fertiliser bombs).

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 25, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »

Do you have all dependencies? SDL2, SDL2_ttf, SDL2_image? The .dll's necessary to run things? There's a thread on the forum that has all dependencies in one archive, I believe.

It's UNBELIEVABLE how much crap you have to go through to compile this. The Code Blocks project is horribly out-of-date.

First, go here http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=7646.msg182309#msg182309 and get the libraries. Extract the "include" and "lib" folders in each archive into the "3rdparty" folder (create it) in your cloned repository, i.e. "c:\Cataclysm-DDA\3rdparty\lib" and "c:\Cataclysm-DDA\3rdparty\include". Now, copy the whole "include" folder and copy it into the "src" folder and rename it "SDL2," i.e. "c:\Cataclysm-DDA\src\SDL2." Now, copy all files ending in .dll from the "3rdparty\lib\x86" folder to the root repository folder, i.e. "c:\Cataclysm-DDA".

That's all for file manipulation, but you're STILL not done. In the Code Blocks project file, go into project->build options menu. Click on "Release - Tile Support" and then on "Linker Settings." You need to change the 4 libraries to their SDL2 versions, i.e. the 4 entries should be:

3rdparty\lib\x86\SDL2.lib
3rdparty\lib\x86\SDL2main.lib
3rdparty\lib\x86\SDL2_image.lib
3rdparty\lib\x86\SDL2_ttf.lib

But GUESS WHAT. YOU ARE STILL NOT DONE. Now you need GCC 4.9.0. And GUESS WHAT. There's like 10 different versions/permutations of it. You need i686-4.9.0-win32-sjlj-rt_v3-rev2. First, go here for the installer:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

Run the installer, select:

Version 4.9.0
Architecture i686
Threads win32
Exception sjlj
Build revision 2

I'm not sure if different settings will work, but I'll be damned if I'm going to test it. Go nuts if you're of a mind. Now you have GCC 4.9.0. But YOU ARE STILL NOT DONE. You have to configure Code Blocks to use it. Go to the Settings->Compiler menu. Assuming you installed it to the default path "C:\mingw-w64\i686-4.9.0-win32-sjlj-rt_v3-rev2", hit the "Copy" button to copy your GNU GCC settings. Name it whatever you like, but I would go with "GNU GCC 4.9.0". Change the settings to match where you installed MinGW64, i.e. if you used default settings:

Compiler's installation directory: C:\mingw-w64\i686-4.9.0-win32-sjlj-rt_v3-rev2\mingw32
C Compiler: i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe
C++ Compiler: i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe
Linker for dynamic libs: i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe

The rest you can leave same as the old GCC. While you're here, do yourself a HUGE favor and go to the "build options" tab. Set the "number of parallel processes" to something nice like 4 (or more) depending on your hardware. This thing takes long enough to compile in parallel, don't waste time doing it one file at a time. Now, YOU ARE STILL NOT DONE, BUT YOU ARE CLOSE. Go back to the "Project->Build options" menu. Change the "Selected Compiler" to "GNU GCC 4.9.0" or whatever you named it. Click the dropdown box below the "wxSmith" menu item and change "Release" to "Release - Tile Support". Click the "Build->Build" menu item or hit CTRL-F9. Once it's finished building, you can run the game by running your shiny new Cataclysm-Tiles.exe.

I think that's everything, since I decided to clone a new repo just to test this. But considering how long this is, I might have left something out.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1271 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »

Looks about right.
I compiled this once. That's all, just once.
Quickly said f-it the moment it finished.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

Looks about right.
I compiled this once. That's all, just once.
Quickly said f-it the moment it finished.

I suspect that's what EVERYONE said once they got it to compile, hence the lack of proper instructions. The simple fact is nobody really remembers and nobody needs or WANTS to remember.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:21 pm »

That said if you are willing to compile it without tiles instead of with them, (which is basically what all of the current developers do) then it chops out basically every single one of the dependencies that you guys are having so much trouble with. It's pretty much just fork and compile under Code::Blocks without tiles, no real problems or difficult things at all. (We're looking into getting an open-source CLion license, which should hopefully have some better support for automatically pulling in and setting up dependencies than Code::Blocks does, which should simplify the process).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 25, 2015, 11:03:01 pm »

I have a single folder called WinDepend that holds all required files arrayed as they need to be. All relevant project paths are simplified to "/WinDepend". I had no trouble setting up either Code::Blocks or the GCC compiler.

Of course, it might have changed since I last worked on it.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 451