Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825898 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1110 on: May 13, 2015, 04:26:36 pm »

Yes, it's a mod issue. Specifically a faction issue. I do seem to remember a faction change sometime recently in the core code. Maybe not faction but who fights whom. Type: MONSTER has changed?

I made a copy and disabled the mod.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:56:19 pm by BigD145 »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:54 am »

I encountered something a bit weird, it may have happened too fast for me to catch but it appears that a turret killed me by depleting my torso health to zero, while the messages consistently informed me that my MBR vest was blocking the damage (I'm on the last stable, I can live without the glorious bugginess of being on the bleeding edge of development.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 14, 2015, 12:04:48 pm »

Depends. Taking the turret's entire ammo box to the chest could still kill you in real life even if all the bullets were stopped by the vest. Just because the vest stops it, you're still taking a hard hit straight to the chest. Plus, I doubt every bullet was stopped.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 14, 2015, 12:13:42 pm »

Like I said, it happened very fast, I went from full torso health to dead in what was (for me) two steps, but there were so many attacks during those two steps that I couldn't see all of them, but every single one I could see said the damage was blocked by my vest, so I don't know when I actually got killed (somewhere in that second step, I had no damage after the first.)  I'm not even upset about it, this was a cheat character to play around with vehicle mechanics, so not a real loss.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 14, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »

Your vest absorbed so many bullets, they weighed you down to the point you fell over and couldn't breathe.

(Not literally, but that would make at least some modicum of sense.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 14, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »

Did you have the thin skin mutation? There was a bug (which I believe was still in the last stable) where you would always take 1 point of cutting damage from anything if you had thin skin, regardless of how much armor you were wearing.

Also funnily enough, but the experimentals are usually actually less buggy/more stable than the stable version is (excluding the short time right after a big change goes in) since we tend to fix more bugs than we add into the game over time (once again, excluding really big changes).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 14, 2015, 02:33:36 pm »

No, didn't have any mutations, nor had I selected thin-skinned as a trait, so it might have just been a critical that slipped past somewhere.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 14, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »

Is there a way to transfer battery power from one vehicle to another? Or perhaps to a tool in inventory?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:30:18 pm by AVE »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 14, 2015, 04:52:24 pm »

Jumper cables were in the game last time I played. Check garages and car trunks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 14, 2015, 04:58:57 pm »

Note with jumper cables, they will let one vehicle charge up another one, but only once they themselves are fully charged. They will not currently "even out" the charge of the two separate vehicles.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:35 pm »

Note with jumper cables, they will let one vehicle charge up another one, but only once they themselves are fully charged. They will not currently "even out" the charge of the two separate vehicles.

Ooh, that could be fun for a simple "fix". We are aiming for realism, after all :P

When it come to battery charge, then, is it simply a case of raw numbers like "truck battery has 10,000 charges and car battery has 8,000 charges"?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 15, 2015, 02:48:26 am »

Ooh, that could be fun for a simple "fix". We are aiming for realism, after all :P

When it come to battery charge, then, is it simply a case of raw numbers like "truck battery has 10,000 charges and car battery has 8,000 charges"?

All that realism and still no pooping feature...

When will you put the porcelain thrones to use :P!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1122 on: May 15, 2015, 05:25:15 am »

If you have an idea on how to implement it you could jump in and give it a try. They've likely stayed away from it so far for the same reasons Dwarf Fortress has.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 15, 2015, 08:04:02 am »

If you have an idea on how to implement it you could jump in and give it a try. They've likely stayed away from it so far for the same reasons Dwarf Fortress has.

Press P to poop. If you forget to press P every 50 turns you explode and everything within a 15 tile radius turns brown. Pooping without toilet paper and a newspaper reduces morale. If you poop next to an NPC they attack you. And in true Dwarf Fortress fashion you should be able to pick up your poop and fling it at the enemy.

If you couldn't tell yet I'm joking :P.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 15, 2015, 11:47:12 am »

Press P to poop. If you forget to press P every 50 turns you explode and everything within a 15 tile radius turns brown. Pooping without toilet paper and a newspaper reduces morale. If you poop next to an NPC they attack you. And in true Dwarf Fortress fashion you should be able to pick up your poop and fling it at the enemy.

If you couldn't tell yet I'm joking :P.
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. Now with realistic poop physics
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 451