Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825049 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Don't miss my new tile set, featuring wearable and wieldable icons and mutations.
Wait, some of the zoms are wearing skirts.
  Does the game actually generate zombie gender as opposed to sets of random drops?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

It doesn't need to be gender, you could just have zombies spawn with randomly selected clothes of different categories, instead of only when it's killed and the items drop.

I wonder if you could pickpocket zombies.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just found a foon and spawned right next to a refugee center. Looks like young Hitler is going to live.

Edit: Or not. Got surrounded by shockers in a ruined house when trying to find where the laser eye thigny that was ruining the center was.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:47:24 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, what was his stats?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Joining the new thread.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Oh neat.  New version removes 'reinforced' in favor of Hashmarks w/color indicating damage on weapons and clothing.

And I have to activate night vision mutation :o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having played in year+, anything big added/changed? From what I remembered is once you get past the first week you essentially become a demi-god and the only thing to do is kill fungal things

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're not too far off if you turn hordes off, but now animals might help you kill fungals.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

The whole Hitler thing reminds me of some old movie where a bunch of escaped Nazis clone Hitler a dozen times to have him come back and lead them; and then fail miserably because cloning doesn't work like that and all the new clones are actually rather nice.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The whole Hitler thing reminds me of some old movie where a bunch of escaped Nazis clone Hitler a dozen times to have him come back and lead them; and then fail miserably because cloning doesn't work like that and all the new clones are actually rather nice.

UbiSoft would tell a different story. A story of inhereted memories of lives past. A story of clone Hitler and how he learned from prehistoric Hitler that there could be but one sentient species.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's 'cause they didn't do the Boys From Brazil thing and *also* replicate his life circumstances and traumas at the proper times...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Cloning Hitler fur medical research is kind of a double-whammy of ethical fuckery. Not only is it a human being created purely for research, an ethical nono, but if that person ever escapes/is freed, they can't lead a normal life because they look like Hitler.

And imagine the trauma of finding out you're literally Hitler, eh? You'd be terrified of the potential evil in your genes. Not to mention the medical experimentation on you would likely give you a reason to hate, so you might give in to that potential.

Though on the other hand, you'd be able to paint passable realist landscapes. So you have that going for you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do military turrets respawn? Thanks to an early power armor find off a dead zombie soldier and my swat helmet, I am now in possession of a military outpost. Just need to know if its going to be safe to move in, or if I should move the loot to the other side of the road and keep looking for a home.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Nope.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Hitler
Why does everyone have this obsession with cloning Hitler anyway? It's not like he had the "genocide gene" or something. That would be dumb.
Though I reckon Hitler-clone could probably live a life if he took care of his presentation. Keep somewhat messy hair, clean shaven or a beard, maybe make-up, don't stab people in the face... the usual stuff you do to hide your identity.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 451