Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825190 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #855 on: April 23, 2015, 05:27:47 pm »

Most machinegun pintle mounts are 360 degree capable.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 23, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »

All turrets, save where blocked by things, are 360 degrees capable.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 23, 2015, 06:44:50 pm »

I was specifically talking about real-world pintle mounts.  For some reason spellcheck doesn't like 'pintle' so I suppose the more modern 'cupola' would be more accurate.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 23, 2015, 07:23:50 pm »

Cupola ones are normally enclosed, aren't they?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #859 on: April 23, 2015, 09:43:26 pm »

Congrats. You two just got confused over the actual names for armored and unarmored manned turrets. :P

(RE: Fortifications) Have you played with the horde system yet? Unless you *do* fortify quite well, your base *will* be overrun for any significant brush with a horde. (I suppose just scraping a couple of the outer tiles of the horde could be survivable without fortifications.)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 24, 2015, 12:33:12 pm »

Nope, a quick search shows me that while the mounts are clearly different, they are both what I was referring to.  Pintle is the open mount, post-type.  Cupola is encircling mount, with or without full enclosure.  Either one would require substantially more than just the weapon to be capable of autonomous fire, including actuators, targeting systems, and full-self loaders (unless you want to keep reloading the box non-stop).

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 24, 2015, 12:38:57 pm »

The most basic "mount" is a pivoting holder for the weapon, which still needs some work to make.

Also, latest experimental caused me to suddenly have a large stockpile of Glock 19s, among other things. Fun glitch. Maybe I should go back to the stable version for now, at least until I've done the moving and organizing of all my crap into the battlewagon.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 24, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »

However large its caliber, it should not be able to identify targets, rotate, and fire on its own. All I need to have right now in order to install a fully autonomous M2 Browning turret onto my vehicle, is a welder and the M2 Browning machinegun itself. I find the DIY turret kits of the vehicle expansion mod to be far superior in spirit.
Clearly this is a early FPS type gun. The kind that floated in a green aura and gently rotated until you picked it up.

I believe this neatly explains everything.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 24, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »

I, uh, raided a house. Amongst the loot I found cigs, a glock and some 9mm ammo, and a, uh, wolf suit. Are wolf suits still great like I remember reading about?

Sure

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 24, 2015, 10:41:05 pm »

I, uh, raided a house. Amongst the loot I found cigs, a glock and some 9mm ammo, and a, uh, wolf suit. Are wolf suits still great like I remember reading about?

Sure

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
jesus christo how horrifying
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 25, 2015, 04:33:25 am »

I...

I think the martial arts master profession is worth more than the 6 points it costs.
I'm all like,
ATATATATTTA-KAPOW against zombies, and just slapping manhacks out of the air with my bare hands. It's so ridonkulous that I'm less dangerous when carrying a machete than my bare karate hands. Way better than bionic sniper if you ask me.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 25, 2015, 04:40:25 am »

I...

I think the martial arts master profession is worth more than the 6 points it costs.
I'm all like,
ATATATATTTA-KAPOW against zombies, and just slapping manhacks out of the air with my bare hands. It's so ridonkulous that I'm less dangerous when carrying a machete than my bare karate hands. Way better than bionic sniper if you ask me.
Yeah, it's kind of a silly fun mode for me. If only you are able to stun on hit, you can reasonably take on a horde and win without much damage, with clever positioning.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:15 am »

I...

I'm all like,
Yeah, it's kind of a silly fun mode for me. If only you are able to stun on hit, you can reasonably take on a horde and win without much damage, with clever positioning.
As someone who keeps on using Martial Arts in all her games--Yes, your theory is validated. :P
Pair it with Quick and Speed-y qualities and characteristics, and you can easily survive the first week (sans meeting Hulks.)

(And the Spiritual perk, too. As far as I know the version I'm using, reading a book quickly + fast reader = 33 nice morale points. Read it thrice and gather those books...)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:19:03 am by Tiruin »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:50 am »

I...

I'm all like,

That's why I like the cudgel. It stuns, like, every other hit.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:27 am »

How does farming work? I have the seeds and tilled ground. Just no idea how to plant em.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 451