Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825489 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #645 on: April 10, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »

I could see doing this as an invitational, or with people I knew well.  But MP DDA with strangers?  No thanks. 

This is my feeling on basically any of the current crop of multiplayer survival games that seem to be popular at the moment.  Just not interested in the grief fest.  Its like UO meets Lord of the Flies but with less consequences for your behavior.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 10, 2015, 04:28:45 pm »

So how does new encumberance work?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #647 on: April 10, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »

So how does new encumberance work?
If Player_encumbered() == yes
then
spawn_zombies(100), run "lol_player_fucked.exe"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 10, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »

Pretty sure it's exactly as the old one did, only it's more granular.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 10, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »

Pretty sure it's exactly as the old one did, only it's more granular.
This right here.

I could see doing this as an invitational, or with people I knew well.  But MP DDA with strangers?  No thanks. 

This is my feeling on basically any of the current crop of multiplayer survival games that seem to be popular at the moment.  Just not interested in the grief fest.  Its like UO meets Lord of the Flies but with less consequences for your behavior.
I can close it off to just Bay12 if that's what you lot are more keen on. I'm still here guys, just talk to me.
Yeah, it's kinda offensive that you think that all of us Bay12 people here are gonna be griefers by default. :P (/sarcasm)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2015, 06:59:18 pm »

I'm using PuTTY. Lightweight but still customizable and highly compatible.
Something to note though, is that this looks much better if you make sure you're using CP437 or similar, and not UTF-8 or other modern character sets, which PuTTY happens to default to.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:27 pm »

I'm using PuTTY. Lightweight but still customizable and highly compatible.
Something to note though, is that this looks much better if you make sure you're using CP437 or similar, and not UTF-8 or other modern character sets, which PuTTY happens to default to.
Great! I thought I was going to be stuck with all those random characters for walls. Everything works just fine for me otherwise.

Edit: it seems my settings get reset every times I open PuTTY. Am I missing something or do I have to change everything back every times?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:08:40 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2015, 08:24:20 pm »

Save the session settings (in the session section of the menu) when you're ready to connect and/or save them from within the session through the menu that you get from r-clicking the titlebar.
If you're not going to use PuTTY for anything other than DDA, you can just save over the defaults (wouldn't recommend), otherwise you'll need to input a name into the textbox above the list then hit save.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 10, 2015, 08:29:18 pm »

Wait how do we multi cata how does this happen...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 10, 2015, 09:33:41 pm »

In addition things can get really weird if you try to overlap reality bubbles (if it even lets you, I can't remember what the current code is on that). So try to avoid that from happening (i.e. if somebody is coming to dig the other out of a lab have the trapped person log out while the other person digs the hole, then have them log back in after the digger has left.

Also IIRC food stuff works on timestamp difference, so you can end up with things where food that was on the verge of being rotten to one player is still perfectly edible to another, or things like if the spring player butchers the rabbit and then the summer player comes around the meat will suddenly turn rotten.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 10, 2015, 11:06:37 pm »

Just found myself boosting fabrication from 0 -> 1 by making a rock in a sock, disassembling it, then making it again, and so on until I leveled up. What kind of madman must my character be to decide it's a good idea to take one of his socks off, stuff a single rock in it, then take it out again until he comes to some insight? The image is hilarious, even more so because it worked exactly as intended.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:45 pm »

Just found myself boosting fabrication from 0 -> 1 by making a rock in a sock, disassembling it, then making it again, and so on until I leveled up. What kind of madman must my character be to decide it's a good idea to take one of his socks off, stuff a single rock in it, then take it out again until he comes to some insight? The image is hilarious, even more so because it worked exactly as intended.
Holy crap yes, I've done that too.

*High five*

blazing glory

« Reply #657 on: April 10, 2015, 11:12:33 pm »

Man, I forgot how rough I was on vehicles, I've already lost 3 tiles of exterior to my driving.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 11, 2015, 12:17:48 am »

Okay you win. That is the laziest, most post-modern skillup journey ever. I thought banging rocks together until I suddenly understood tailoring was funny, but I got nothing on this.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 11, 2015, 06:13:40 am »

Okay you win. That is the laziest, most post-modern skillup journey ever. I thought banging rocks together until I suddenly understood tailoring was funny, but I got nothing on this.
What I take away from this is that 0 fabrication characters have a literally toddler-tier object permanence.

'WHERE MY ROCK? SOCK EAT ROCK?'
*disassembles'
'YAY ROCK BACK! HAI ROCK! EES MIRACLE!'
*reassembles'
';_;'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 451