Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827986 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4725 on: August 07, 2017, 11:00:23 pm »

Recent changelog included
"Added milk ammo and starting ammo to cows"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:02 pm »

"This is a dairy cow. It is equipped with a fully automatic belt fed teet. It requires liquid hydrogen cooling to be milked"
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »

I have still have yet to encounter a cow or even a farm. I want a place I can camp my destruct0-bus and live off the rest of my life as a farming man

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: August 08, 2017, 02:10:46 pm »

They show up at the ends of roads.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: August 08, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »

I never thought about it, but I guess there aren't hydroponic or mobile greenhouse tiles one can shove in their bus?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: August 08, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »

Likely it would have to be modded in, i just realized that when i was dropping stuff in my car on the floor it was actually on the ground. so much crap i forgotten >__>

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »

So, here's some Fun. Coolthulhu made an unofficial patch in the wake of a lot of dumb ideas on Kevin's part: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14767.0

I...well, so far I'd rather stick to an older build anyway. Honestly I don't even give a shit about the infamous "CBM painkillers" thing, but everything I've seen about it suggests Kevin handled all criticism about it in his usual manner.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: August 08, 2017, 07:42:01 pm »

So, here's some Fun. Coolthulhu made an unofficial patch in the wake of a lot of dumb ideas on Kevin's part: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14767.0

I...well, so far I'd rather stick to an older build anyway. Honestly I don't even give a shit about the infamous "CBM painkillers" thing, but everything I've seen about it suggests Kevin handled all criticism about it in his usual manner.
I tried the CBM painkiller update-its very arbitrary, there is literally no feedback about what pkill level you should be at-and you have wait for you painkill level(which there is no description other the - to you speed) to get that level.  I died from a overdose trying to get it to good level.

It's badly designed, which is okay-that's what experimentals are for.  I remember when I got the 'zombie progression' system put in, it needed a lot of tuning. 

However, shutting down criticism, and the no-pkill mod to an unpopular feature, at least until it worked better, makes me not like where the project has been headed for a year now.

There used to be a hard stance against 'pointless realism' such as cleaning clothes, vitamin system, faulty cars etc, that made surviving tedious, but now we seem to be going down that same path that was once railed against.

I miss the wackiness Cataclysm had, with the acid rain, building cutting burning eyes, and the unlimited things you could do with vehicles.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: August 08, 2017, 10:49:29 pm »

Exactly this. When even the star-spawn is fed up with Kevin's bullshit, that's a bad sign. It's dumb shit like this that's basically what had Kevin and I at each other's throats. Put simply, both of us are kinda assholes. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:12 am »

Pointless realism like cleaning clothes would be okay if things like that could be made non-tedious to the player. Basically, you could just tell your character to "take care of yourself" and s/he would clean clothes, do maintenance to weapons and stuff like that with the same kind of automation as sleeping. If doing chores requires manual clicking of commands then in-game chores turn into player chores. Doing chores while playing games is the opposite of fun. (Maybe excluding players who enjoy grinding.)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:44 am »

A sizeable enough chunk of the coders on GitHub don't seem to consider their own official forums to be part of the community if anyone wanted to know about how cohesive the CDDA community was.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: August 09, 2017, 02:03:58 am »

I've been away from Cata for a  while now... the mechanics have gotten more confusing, but the main issue is that the last time I loaded Cata I found performance issues... no idea how well it's working now..

I assume the dynamic horde system is not fully fixed yet either? 

Meh,  I ought to reinstall the game.  When I get my new pc maybe
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: August 09, 2017, 08:00:47 am »

wanderer spawns are ... better.

they have finite numbers and take time to arrive on location (and can thus be 'led')

they also lack their previous range and scale in number according to city size.

oddly enough ive been able to create artificial (synthetic) cities via json and the game populates it with wanderers.  so it might be that specific things like houses will create hordes, or that any place that spawns enough zeds will also spin off a horde or three
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: August 09, 2017, 11:58:56 am »

Every time I go onto the repo to see what PRs are around and whether I feel like updating my old build, I lose IQ points. There's there PRs up that'll make me want to update build.

First is https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21555 which I might use for some modding ideas I have, by having mutations let you conjure stuff.

Second's https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21583 by everyone's favorite bird youkai. Looks like some cute bionics.

Third we've got https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21503 and this is the one that's the big IQ drain. Not because of the change itself but Kevin's "feedback" on it. PR opener's got way more patience for bullshit than I do, and even then he's clearly getting fed up with having to tell Kevin blatantly obvious things he keeps demanding be explained.

If it were me trying to PR and dealing with shit like that, I'd have already closed the PR and posted this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: August 10, 2017, 08:34:57 am »

I'm afraid to say this, but this game is slowly turning into "Cataclysm: Developer Drama Ahead". I really couldn't care less about the bickering between people I don't know, but it's sad to see how the game's slowly turning to the worse because the guys in charge seemingly can't work together.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 451