Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826309 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4305 on: December 09, 2016, 10:41:20 am »

Oh. Err. I... Umm... Fuck.

I deconstructed the terminal. Screwed with all the menus, didn't find anything that useful, so I scrapped it for parts.

Also, thanks for telling me about the cash card thing!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 09, 2016, 11:37:36 am »

Burnt out bionics can be used in making some CBMs, and you can disassemble broken robots.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 09, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »

basically for alternators, just follow the energy

gas engine:

petrol -> engine -> alternator -> battery -> whatever the electricity is used for.

electric engine:

(original electrical source) -> battery -> engine -> alternator -> battery -> whatever the electricity is used for, inc. the engine and alternator.

The first one is a single line, the second is cyclical because while the original energy is imparted through solar power or a power plant, after the first time through the "original energy source" is the alternator

because it's cylical, every time it goes through, you lose energy to heat. energy is going to either move the vehicle (called "work") or generate heat. if you stick an alternator on, some of that energy instead goes into the battery. And it's not gonna suddenly generate less heat, so you're taking energy from the "work" of moving to vehicle and instead put it into the "work" of running the alternator.

so you go slower, AND you lose more energy to heat (because the energy then goes through the engine again and again, losing about the same percentage to heat each time)

so it's just more efficient to stick a solar panel on the car than an alternator; it's an external source of power instead of a cyclical/internal 'source'.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 09, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »

Do any of you peeps play on specific world settings??? I forgot how horrifyingly intimidating this was to me--and I'm only playing on classic zombies. Ugh, Triffids and Fungals make me shudder.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 09, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »

No Fungal Monsters mod is your friiiieeend. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 09, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »

I pretty much just play with z-levels on, + static and random npcs.  Sometimes I'll increase the amount of loot and zombies but not often. 

Fungaloids aren't too bad, just can't melee them unless you have some fungicide back home, and since most can't actually see as long as you keep your distance they won't catch your scent.  Trifflids I actually consider a boon.  As long as they are not spawning on top of your base they are an extremely good source of food.  I think you can turn the fluid sacs into diesel as well.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 09, 2016, 08:00:41 pm »

Fungus in coregame is almost entirely passive in nature?

they dont care if you can see them or them you
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 09, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »

Thing is they'll basically take over the world unless you devote every waking moment to cleansing every last inch of fungal terrain. It's not the fungaloids that'll fuck you up, it's getting fungal infections.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 09, 2016, 08:56:33 pm »

Odd, does killing the spire not stop the spread anymore?  I was always under the impression that killing their spire put a halt to their ability to respawn and make fungal terrain.  Always seemed to work for me, but as soon as I see fungals these days I pretty much immediately move to destroy the spire, and haven't really paid attention to a difference between reproduction rates before and after.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 09, 2016, 09:00:17 pm »

Last I checked, no. Fungal terrain and fungaloids still give off spores even then.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 09, 2016, 09:03:32 pm »

They 'depopulate' slowly over time but they tend to reproduce faster than that.

But If somebody were playing a certain PK mod that problem would be avoided by aggressive fungus that can hear and seek you out ...
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 09, 2016, 09:13:20 pm »

Hmm. But the terrain itself will still spit out spores. Hunting the fungals themselves down isn't really the issue. Even when non-aggressive, they aren't that much more annoying than blobs to exterminate. It's when you have to hunt down every last path of fungal terrain that it becomes an annoyance to eliminate.

Especially if it's raining, that goes half of your options for destroying them. Well, technically a third, but if I recall smashing them releases spores.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 09, 2016, 09:15:49 pm »

The terrain doesn spit out spores?

Killing the fungus monsters should be enough.  Somebody will make a 'mininuke fungicide' that will turn everything to dirt again too.  eventually.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: December 09, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »

>_>

The entire POINT of fungal terrain is that it spawns spores.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 09, 2016, 09:31:23 pm »

Like fungal trees?

they are inert

Marloss bushes, fungal shrubs, even wall iirc.

all inert.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 451