Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826123 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3930 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:03 am »

they took gummy vitamins out at one point until a dev crusaded her personal work
i tried to add solid shafts of ironsteel (like those from ironbar doors and guard rails  and the cemetery they didnt want to add) and it was shut down for being 'like rebar'.

rebar is so rare they force the arsonist to spawn it
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: October 10, 2016, 09:49:04 am »

re:reloaded ammo.

its significantly weaker than factory packed rounds
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: October 10, 2016, 10:57:27 am »

Oh my. Tank drone is dumb tank drone. Fired at me while holding it's barrel against a humvee in between it and me. RIP tank drone. Sad, I almost got in range to hack it.
10h to disassemble a broken tank drone. Had to do it, didn't have a flamethrower yet.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:59:34 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:53 pm »

"Drone" indicates they are remote controlled, doesn't it? Maybe we should be able to hack a military mainframe and shut all of them down within a certain radius or (*gasp*) even turn them neutral towards the player. Or is that already in?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: October 10, 2016, 12:19:30 pm »

While not on that scale, it is already in in the form of a control laptop. You need to get dangerously close though to be able to hack robots, but if you succeed, it converts them to your side. Works on all kinds of stuff. Skitterbots, Secdroids, broken cyborgs, turrets (!!!), chicken walkers. OP endgame device, that laptop. Makes most of the dangers in labs and military bunkers trivial. It's only electronics level 7 and computers level 4 difficulty, which IMO is too low down the tech tree.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:22:58 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: October 10, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »

I think theres also a CBM that does the same thing, and is available at game start to boot.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: October 10, 2016, 01:02:36 pm »

If you are thinking about the Remote Controller CBM, nope. That does not allow you to hack robots. That only allows you to drive RC cars and vehicles with RC controls installed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: October 10, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »

Is there any way to see through a vehicle's cameras without actually being onboard the vehicle? It seems a little bit silly that I'm not able to look through them using the control laptop.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: October 10, 2016, 03:37:56 pm »

I don't think there is.

Also. Holy mother of lolwut. Using vehicles addon mod, just found a portal generator and turned it into a cargo dimension in my vehicle.
Really? 1 million volume? Equals one thousand cargo containers? That's awesome and ridiculous at the same time. My inner hoarder is drooling uncontrollably.

Hmm I wonder if it's cold in that pocket dimension.. <stows spoilable food into cargo dimension>

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

Just make sure your engines can run it. A thousand cargo carriers can hold alot of weight :P
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: October 10, 2016, 07:40:38 pm »

I know at least 3 that go well with weapons.
A shared 1st place for Krav Maga (bonus to cutting damage, try this with a nodachi haha) and Pentjak Silat (shines with piercing damage short blades. The amount of crits is real nice).
Then there's eskrima. Don't really like it. It gives a ton of fast, low damage attacks with knife and baton weapons. I haven't tried it with a baton yet, it might be good there. With a knife, I'd rather use Silat.

There's other styles too that allow for weapons, but most are really restricted (as in, you can only use thematic weapons)

EDIT: ooh! learned something new today. You can smash glass shards (the item). It destroys them completely. Thought (s)mash only worked on constructions.

Eskrima really shines when you have a weapon with the stun quality. Fast strikes = more stuns = less zombies swinging at you. Eskrima really is meant to be used with weapons like the cudgel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: October 10, 2016, 08:59:36 pm »

https://github.com/pisskop/PKs_Rebalancing

^^ obligatory push of my patch is obligatory.  And now Im trying to use git for my own ease of use.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: October 11, 2016, 05:10:36 am »

It confuses me. This 'rebalancing mod' is that the same as the 'vehicles addon mod'?
And has the vehicles addon mod been incorporated into the experimental builds, or do you still need to turn it on in the mod screen when genning a new world?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: October 11, 2016, 08:27:55 am »

No, this rebalancing mod is PK's attempt at making the game more challenging. I love it, but after some disagreement with the mainline devs, PK is not allowed to package it with the game anymore, because of reasons or something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 451