Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825849 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3525 on: June 02, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »

Ok that explains why I've never seen what you are talking about; my computer is good enough that I've never run into a case where I can input commands faster than the computer can process them. :P

That said if what you are saying is true it has nothing to do with you being able to let you see what's happening between your turns. Literally all that PR did was add a single redraw of the game screen/UI in a specialized case (that of you not having any moves to burn that tick), which as far as I can tell is a totally separate bit of code from the part that actually handles inputs.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: June 02, 2016, 05:49:39 pm »

:o

i type fast i tells you!

whether its my laptop or not,  its affecting how i mechanically play the game.  its like an itch i cant scratch
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: June 02, 2016, 07:02:54 pm »

I've definitely noticed what pisskop is talking about. When I downloaded the latest version, I thought my keyboard was on the fritz or my computer was having trouble processing the game.

It felt like I was missing keypresses because some actions wouldn't happen. I'd try to open my inventory, light a molotov, and throw it, but instead I'd end up activating whatever was bound to 't', which was either a lighter, matches, or a some kind of food item. It actually got me killed several times before I figured out what was happening and started to slow down my commands.

EDIT: I've also noticed an almost imperceptible delay while moving sometimes. I couldn't say how long the delay is because it's less than a second, but I can definitely notice it far more compared to the older version.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:04:35 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:00 pm »

Well it's almost certainly not the between turns PR (since that could only be creating that delay if you are climbing across bushes/etc., else it's literally less than a single frame of your monitor). That said there's nothing that says that it couldn't be being created by something else. Sadly I'm unable to test any potential fixes since, as I noted earlier, my computer is too good for any noticeable delay at all. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: June 04, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »

My game isn't terribly laggy though.  Usually when I refer to 'catching up' I refer to me executing practiced strings of commands.  Its not like I do everything at breakneck speed or wait around for the game most of the time.

Speaking of things, why is this?

Why?  I knew there were a lot of them, but when I looted the store and checked via flashlight there were easily 100 of them.  And then, upon further looking, the whole town's here.

It takes creeper hub to get this kind of density usually.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: June 04, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »

I once had a bug, i was talking to the refugee npc, went outside and saw a single Z, bah easy picking. Killed him and the more showed up, kept fighting and after each hit more and more spawned untill i had to get in my death machine, then they satrted spawning inside my death machine, they kept spewing out error error that they couldnt place more zombie. i was literaly swimming in corpse and zombie untill the game crashed due to overflow. I think i had over 100Z kills before the game died on me.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: June 04, 2016, 09:59:10 pm »

Or, more seriously, teleporter/teleporter CBM?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: June 05, 2016, 01:11:12 am »

I still can't work out if the 'jackhammers can't break reinforced glass' thing is a bug or is intended behaviour. I noticed someone had reported it on the Cata forums, but it had been ignored.
I think it's a "reinforced glass has a bunch of special cases around it from way back in the days of whalesdev and nobody wants to try to figure out how to keep the entire game from potentially breaking when you break the glass."

I'm not a coder so this is speculation of course, but that tends to be the answer in my experience when it comes to interactions with parts of the game that are old as the hills.  Pretty much what I'm guessing is the same reason why highways stopped spawning, and nobody has fixed it for at least a year.   Probably doesn't help that highways were kinda crappy anyway and were laid out in nonsensical ways.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:13:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: June 05, 2016, 12:48:27 pm »

couple of things.

-1.5x spawns w wanderers and static
-My mod, pks rebalancing, which does prioritize normie zoms over specials, which means more Zs spawn for less consumed spawn points
-I debugged all vision in to show this because i saw 100+ of them in the dark.  its balls30 or thereabouts
-you can see a turret line, or what was turrets, as an aggrovating factor
-2 maptiles south, argueably on the border of the bubble, is a firehouse I spent 90 minutes cleaning out
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: June 05, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »

I'm not sure why that's happening, but it does remind me, did they fix the coffee-shop spawns bug? I'm playing on a relatively old experimental and part of the reason I stopped playing was because early-game looting is impossible because any town that has a coffee shop in it is a deathtrap.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: June 05, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »

I'm not sure why that's happening, but it does remind me, did they fix the coffee-shop spawns bug? I'm playing on a relatively old experimental and part of the reason I stopped playing was because early-game looting is impossible because any town that has a coffee shop in it is a deathtrap.

Well shit, zed's gotta get his kaffa.
Bonus fact: Kaffa is the town believed to be the first site where the Black Plague entered Europe.
Another bonus fact: In the Shantae series, zombies can retain their sanity either by eating brains or drinking coffee. Many prefer coffee since it doesn't involve murdering their friends.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: June 08, 2016, 12:51:11 am »

Ah wasn't aware they were smashable now.  As in actually smashable instead of smashable, so zombies will beat on them, but will never actually break.

Not sure why jackhammers don't work on them then.  Pretty sure you can break the walls around most of them.  It's pretty much  a case where if the door is make of super adamantine/titanium alloy you just smash down the plywood wall next to the door instead.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: June 08, 2016, 07:37:40 am »

id point out resident evil movie
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: June 08, 2016, 08:23:42 am »

Awesome, I just moved most (~90%) of my mod into the core game.

I have some items and locations and things to do, but otherwise it should be okay.

\o/  A winner is me.
PKs DF Mod!

blazing glory

« Reply #3539 on: June 11, 2016, 10:39:40 pm »

So in my version of Cata DDA acetylene torches don't spawn with any fuel, how do I fuel these? It's not entirely clear on what it'd run off.

Never mind I am blind.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 451