Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825423 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3210 on: April 17, 2016, 06:27:42 am »

;-;
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 17, 2016, 11:31:08 am »

Yea man, those giant cellar spiders? They are one of the few enemies you find in towns that I just don't fuck with without heavy weaponry and/or one or two allied NPC meatshields.  All it takes is one hit and all yer important combat stats tank.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 17, 2016, 11:01:02 pm »

Hmm, I'm sure this was asked an age ago, but does anyone know how skill rolls are resolved for melee? Mostly wondering how bad it would be to go from melee 4 piercing 3 to using a cutting weapon when my cutting is 0. Does melee affect accuracy and specific skill affect damage?

The big thing skill does for cutting weapons is makes it less likely to get stuck in things. Cutting weapons, particularly unwieldy ones like Lajatangs, get stuck in enemies a LOT with low skill. If you have a really good cutting weapon like a Zweihander as well as a decent lighter cutting weapon[Machetes come to mind] to raise skill with, then go for it. Otherwise, piercing weapons are pretty robust[ALL HAIL KNIFE SPEAR] and are often better against armoured enemies.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 18, 2016, 12:14:18 am »

It shouldn't have been a "^". They were small animals, such as minks, lemmings, frogs, and muskrats. Harmless {because they're too small to be infected} except for the spiders occasionally turning hostile - which is still harmless as the mundane ones are at most an inch wide or so in real life.

I liked having them around myself, and am sad they're gone.
I had just realized that all my recent posts were in a world where I put ON the mod that spawns critters ._. oops!

Yea man, those giant cellar spiders? They are one of the few enemies you find in towns that I just don't fuck with without heavy weaponry and/or one or two allied NPC meatshields.  All it takes is one hit and all yer important combat stats tank.
You can be an unarmed fighter with at least +3 to melee/unarmed :P I ALWAYS make mine Ninjutsu practitioners, and depending on mood, go on a rifle/archer build. We can take on those big cellar dudes with just hard armpads/legpads :3
...But yeah they are scary. <_<
Still wondering if mods for ranged weapons are computed whenever you 'x'amine them, because I've been manually computing recoil/dispersion with the ammo I use + the weapon characteristics and then picking (if possible) which mods to attach. :P

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 18, 2016, 01:13:36 am »

Well, the spider cellar wasn't too bad in my case, sorta. Admittedly that was the worst my character had been, but setting the cellar on fire and wearing a filter mask helped. Unfortunately, I forgot that doors, furniture, and items are also burnable. Salvaged some books at least. Also, there were shady zombies in the cellar I was in, who also caught on fire. Normally not a problem, but one of them caught on fire and turned out to have shotgun shells of some sort. Cue me figuring that while the entrance was on fire, I should try crafting something while everything was dead and all of a sudden I take damage from the exploding shells.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 18, 2016, 02:27:18 am »

Hmm, I'm sure this was asked an age ago, but does anyone know how skill rolls are resolved for melee? Mostly wondering how bad it would be to go from melee 4 piercing 3 to using a cutting weapon when my cutting is 0. Does melee affect accuracy and specific skill affect damage?
The big thing skill does for cutting weapons is makes it less likely to get stuck in things. Cutting weapons, particularly unwieldy ones like Lajatangs, get stuck in enemies a LOT with low skill. If you have a really good cutting weapon like a Zweihander as well as a decent lighter cutting weapon[Machetes come to mind] to raise skill with, then go for it. Otherwise, piercing weapons are pretty robust[ALL HAIL KNIFE SPEAR] and are often better against armoured enemies.
Also note that some weapons use and train several skills. The zweihänder (and Flammenschwert) is as much a bashing weapon as it is a cutting one.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 18, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »

Soo, I was playing my current save file, then I got to this lab, opened a door and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3217 on: April 18, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »

Grenades
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 18, 2016, 09:45:11 pm »

IS THAT ALL MANHACKS
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: April 18, 2016, 10:05:09 pm »

This is where mininukes come in handy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »

My immediate reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: April 19, 2016, 12:18:25 am »

Huh I thought they fixed Zientists spawning infinite manhacks months ago.   Or at least I recall seeing some git commit at one point that seemed to imply that in my mind.   Maybe something broke the fix?

Enjoy the batteries.   I recommend an M60 on full auto. Preferably attached to a jury rigged frame so you can just feed ammo into it.   ....Actually I wonder if a portable fold-able mounted gun like that is possible.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:23:36 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: April 19, 2016, 12:54:26 am »

'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' seems like an appropriate reaction. I don't usually carry EMP grenades as they are rare and there are few situations in which they are useful, but seeing that makes me want to keep one in my inventory, just in case.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:53 am »

Has the inbuilt audio system been disabled? It's been a while and I noticed the structure of the sound folder has changed, and I can't get sounds to play.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: April 19, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »

:|  I update my mod, start new game.

A gracken got pissed at a nearby dog and murdered it.
A racoon got pissed that the gracken killed its homie, and since gracken were modified by me to be more sporadic the gracken came for me.
I fired the gracken to death, and this action pissed off a moose.  The racoon is still hitting me.
I took my nail bat to the face of the moose, who destroyed my trenchcoat but learned not to be a dick.
Killing the moose made the racoon rethink his priorities, tracking me instead of being hostile.
A second moose, seeing the death of his glorious brethren, charged me into a tree.  The racoon gets angry again because a mammal is attacking
That moose was put down, and the racoon is again tracking.
I set a fire under the racoon, and a third moose sees it.
I nailbat that guys face too.

gdi guiz.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 451