Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825188 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3135 on: April 05, 2016, 09:01:23 pm »

Hoes are also instant, a shovel takes something like 20 or 30 minutes per tile.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 06, 2016, 12:06:39 am »

Eh, still works.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: April 06, 2016, 04:24:52 am »

So, I booted my old save again. Apparently both my legs were broken, probably hugged a brute or something back then. Anyway, they're still at : (couldn't find a book to learn to make splints), but I don't seems to feel pain anymore, and I'm running just fine. Is that normal?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: April 06, 2016, 04:41:19 am »

Sounds strange. Have you hit @? It would list broken legs as a status effect I think. Reasonably sure it would. Otherwise, they might be about to break? I tend to die before getting broken limbs, so I might be wrong.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 06, 2016, 05:25:00 am »

Well, the warmth on the right, I knew about, just was wondering about the brackets on the left. Thanks for the info though.

The brackets far left is total number of layers on that slot. 

edit: I gots some questions actually....

1) I can transfer all liquid from container X to container Y using unload (U).  How do i fill an empty container from a full one though?  say i have a gallon jug of clean water and an empty plastic bottle....how do i fill that smeller bottle from the larger?

2) Is the answer to '1)' above also the answer when dealing with a fire truck?  I want to take water from it's onboard tanks.  Do I need a hose and treat it like siphoning gas?

3) Followup to 2...can I just outright remove a tank from a fire-engine and lug it home full of water?  or will it 'spill/empty' if I remove it?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:42:25 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3140 on: April 06, 2016, 05:45:25 am »

1) Unload the larger container into the smaller one. The smaller one will be filled and the larger will keep any excess.

2) You need a hose as with gas. You can also use a tap like those found in RVs.

3) You can remove a tank and it will keep any liquid inside. It's then treated like any other liquid container.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 06, 2016, 05:53:40 am »

1) Unload the larger container into the smaller one. The smaller one will be filled and the larger will keep any excess.

(2) Empty three gallons from the five gallon container into the three gallon container.
(3) Two gallons remain in the five gallon container. Empty the three gallon container.
(4) Pour the two gallons into the three gallon container.
(5) Fill the five gallon container and pour one gallon from it into the three gallon container - filling it
(6) Four gallons remain in the five gallon container
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3142 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:24 am »

Oh geez, I remember doing that in school. I never succeeded.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 06, 2016, 06:16:40 am »

(2) Empty three gallons from the five gallon container into the three gallon container.
(3) Two gallons remain in the five gallon container. Empty the three gallon container.
(4) Pour the two gallons into the three gallon container.
(5) Fill the five gallon container and pour one gallon from it into the three gallon container - filling it
(6) Four gallons remain in the five gallon container
Oh geez, I remember doing that in school. I never succeeded.
._.
That was my exact thoughts as I read that. Very nice, CP!
I succeeded in a test with this, first time re-seeing it though. Although that was after I did silly ideas (ie Put the three gallon container into the five gallon container, since nobody mentioned the dimensions [...]. While technically correct, my test user asked me a very subtle "Are you sure?" which made me rethink it. xD)

3) You can remove a tank and it will keep any liquid inside. It's then treated like any other liquid container.
It won't show how much though, or as far as I remember anyway :/
Would love to play the latest patch/update but time constraints!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:20:14 am by Tiruin »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 06, 2016, 07:35:54 am »

Alright, started a new game the other day. So far so good. Elected to go ahead and use the knife spear since it was mentioned some time ago, and reach weapons + difficult terrain seems to be working out just fine for me. At least started with 12 portions of soup in the basement and a spare matchbook. If I knew that ahead of time I'd have elected to take a less fortunate start for an extra point or so. Beyond that, I had found the town up north has... a zombie hulk. Great. No Molotovs yet, so going east I found a house with a basement... but the basement is a spider basement. Still looking for a pharmacy somewhere and hoping to find some thorazine. At the very least my hour long showdown with a possum got my dodging and melee up a bit, and they recently hit two, so I'm semicompetant. Foraging seems to be a great help though since I do need to eat more.

I'll prolly continue to feel boxed in until my skills improve enough to patch my clothes into armor and get a more reliable weapon.

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 06, 2016, 09:55:44 am »

Did someone say challenge?

Lab start - failed cyborg
  • Must not take Light Step - it's bugged and will completely nerf Squeaky Ankles
  • Must take Flimsy or Frail

Hard mode:
  • Fragile
  • No fast healer allowed at start

Can you survive long enough to escape the lab and tech up to remove your Acidic Discharge and Leaky Bionic before they team up to kill you? I hope you saved some bandages and find a liquor store..

e:Play with z levels on if you want, but no using wall climbing to quickly and easily escape the lab, you cheater.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:15:43 am by freeze »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3146 on: April 06, 2016, 07:45:35 pm »

How does refitting work

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 06, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »

???

mechanically or in general?

-In general-

When something is completely repaired (|| health) it can be refitted if it has the right flag.  It is harder to refit an item than to repair it.

-Mechanic-

Items have healths, between 1 and 5.  1 is tattered : , and 5 is reinforced.

At 4 health (fully repaired), an item can be refitted, though it takes considerable skill to do so.  The more damaged something is, the harder it is to repair it in general.

Refitting is an automatic practice, as in you dont get to choose when to do it; if the conditions are right for the attempt, the clothing will be refitted even if you could otherwise reinforce it.

Refitting removes encumbrance from an item:  up to half of that encumbrance.  Highly encumbering items will not get 50% knocked off their levels, but will benefit nontheless since encumbrance and warmth are the primary limitors on how much you can safely wear.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3148 on: April 06, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

It would be nice to have an option for it rather than sinking hundreds of threads into a shirt.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 06, 2016, 09:24:09 pm »

Due to the way it all works, that is how you do it. Sink tons of threads nto a shirt and hope you get lucky.

High tailoring skill increases that chance, as does low difficulty.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 451