Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825206 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3030 on: February 25, 2016, 07:41:06 pm »

So I'm putting together a mod to add a few things to the Mycus mutationeers; however, as this is more or less JSON limited, it's mostly going to be crafts. It was originally meant to be part of the vehicle additions pack, but I decided it needed more than some vehicle parts.

Going fungal has some pretty big drawbacks, the loss of most mutations is one thing, but moreso the loss of access to regular food/water. So I decided to give Mycus fans a set of fairly robust additions.

So the core of this is going to be the "Symbiote Backpack" (name not 100% set), which:
- Is a tool necessary to craft fungal items.
- When worn, gives several small boosts, a bit of speed, but mostly stamina regeneration, disease resistance, and hunger/thirst savings.
- When activated, can enhance the player's abilities, in exchange for item charge and increased hunger/thirst.
- When removed/destroyed, will cause large withdrawal symptoms.

So the items so far are:

- Spore Bomb: Essentially a fungal grenade.
- Thorn Baton: A martial-arts compatible weapon. It's got a built-in thorn launcher to soften up large targets or kill weaker ones.
- Thorn Lash: A sword-style compatible weapon. It's more like a macuahuitl, but is capable of loosening and stiffening at your control, letting you attack faster. The built-in thorn barrage has shorter range than the thorn baton, but has burst fire.
- Thorn Lance: A spear-type weapon for general melee. Essentially, a glove that regrows its spear. Uses the thrown skill and has decent damage and pierce. Has an additional built-in weapon for fragmenting lances.
- A few weapon mods for the above.
- A few vehicle parts, they'll be fairly simple, fragile, and easily replaceable.
- A few constructions, these are fairly more robust; defensive growths you might say.

You can refill charges for weapons and your symbiote by using a recipe that turns corpses into fungal food. Also possibly using them as weapons in some limited Prototype-esque ways. Fungal corpse nuke is probably going to be a thing for mass-land conversion.

I'm playing with the idea of making different symbiotes to denote the different paths of Mycus Gardener/Fighter (Ambassador is also there, but NPCs can't really do much).

If you have any ideas for additions, I'd happily take them.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:55 pm »

Maybe instead of a special backpack have a special Mushroom Cap helmet. Unless that's already a mutation? I usually play with fungals turned off so I haven't tried it yet.

I mostly say this because then the xotto graphic pack might add in an adorable mushroom cap graphic for it if it gets mainlined.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:20:17 pm by Kaitol »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: February 27, 2016, 08:56:01 pm »

So I gave this a try again and ended up finding a lovly ice-cream van to drive around in, turn the jinggle on and run over zombies because the char is useless for anything else. So far so good - zombie kids where new for me, so when I ran over a tennis-cord full of them I took some serious moral damage - but thankfully the ice-cream boxes where filled fully with booze at this point, so I just started drinking to fight the moral damage. I very soon got a crippling addiction and could either drive heavly depressed, often going where I don'T want due to low focus or driving utterly drunk. Soon   ice-cream spreading was replaced with molotov throwing and drunk driving, vehicles certainly add a lot.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: February 27, 2016, 09:12:16 pm »

So I'm putting together a mod to add a few things to the Mycus mutationeers; however, as this is more or less JSON limited, it's mostly going to be crafts. It was originally meant to be part of the vehicle additions pack, but I decided it needed more than some vehicle parts.

Going fungal has some pretty big drawbacks, the loss of most mutations is one thing, but moreso the loss of access to regular food/water. So I decided to give Mycus fans a set of fairly robust additions.

So the core of this is going to be the "Symbiote Backpack" (name not 100% set), which:
- Is a tool necessary to craft fungal items.
- When worn, gives several small boosts, a bit of speed, but mostly stamina regeneration, disease resistance, and hunger/thirst savings.
- When activated, can enhance the player's abilities, in exchange for item charge and increased hunger/thirst.
- When removed/destroyed, will cause large withdrawal symptoms.

So the items so far are:

- Spore Bomb: Essentially a fungal grenade.
- Thorn Baton: A martial-arts compatible weapon. It's got a built-in thorn launcher to soften up large targets or kill weaker ones.
- Thorn Lash: A sword-style compatible weapon. It's more like a macuahuitl, but is capable of loosening and stiffening at your control, letting you attack faster. The built-in thorn barrage has shorter range than the thorn baton, but has burst fire.
- Thorn Lance: A spear-type weapon for general melee. Essentially, a glove that regrows its spear. Uses the thrown skill and has decent damage and pierce. Has an additional built-in weapon for fragmenting lances.
- A few weapon mods for the above.
- A few vehicle parts, they'll be fairly simple, fragile, and easily replaceable.
- A few constructions, these are fairly more robust; defensive growths you might say.

You can refill charges for weapons and your symbiote by using a recipe that turns corpses into fungal food. Also possibly using them as weapons in some limited Prototype-esque ways. Fungal corpse nuke is probably going to be a thing for mass-land conversion.

I'm playing with the idea of making different symbiotes to denote the different paths of Mycus Gardener/Fighter (Ambassador is also there, but NPCs can't really do much).

If you have any ideas for additions, I'd happily take them.

Spore-in-a-box.

Or more likely for the full-blooded myculoid; funguloid in a box.

Raising an army of fungus.   keep forgetting that its my own mods that make the mycus more aggressive, but still, I hear that its a slow process to fungalize an area.  Creating a weapon that could spawn several baby or grown mycus would be nice.
  Also, you can stack [fungus] death functions to create more spores.

Also, fungal spores will convert or physically harm anything that isnt a fungus critter or perhaps a robutt.  So anything that can do that physical damage would be helpful to more than just marloss eaters.
  Fungal vehicle mounts?  or placable turrets?  Maybe too sci-fi, but useful.

I made a critter that will kamikaze and split into spores.  This is a living grenade.  mounting an actual sporegrenade onto a manhack too would work.

Being able to build fungal hedgerows would add defense to an area.

And a mod that would let you take in NPCs to fungalize them/marloss them.  idk how well it would work though.

you could add a 'homing spore' to the game, something that will aggress with more speed than regular spores.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: March 01, 2016, 09:05:39 pm »

DOOM Mod, in progress.

So far the critters have weapons and attacks, and are more geared towards endgame because they use a lot of ranged attacks and fire.
Id appreciate help in the form of ideas and maybe somebody giving them a map tile to spawn onto.  Something like a lab or portal or something.

An actual hell would also work.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

blazing glory

« Reply #3035 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:29 am »

Is there a way to move the "center" of a car? My custom modified sports car turns like a floppy banana even though it's almost the exact shape of a Humvee which moves less wildly (And I have used variants of Humvee's in different shapes that work fine), and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that if I examine the car, the cursor ends at the far end of it, but if I examine the Humvee, the cursor ends up on the control-seat AKA slightly left of the center of the car.

Any ways besides "Take apart your car and move it upwards to the designated center"?

boyoentukboyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:31 am »

So what about NPCs other than in your start area? Is it already implemented properly?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: March 02, 2016, 08:59:24 am »

You asking about the ones that spawn in buildings or the random ones?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 02, 2016, 09:31:24 am »

Wait, creatures can wield weapons now?

I might resurrect my Machine mod maybe.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3039 on: March 02, 2016, 11:33:45 am »

Looks more like custom special attacks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: March 02, 2016, 12:43:54 pm »

So I gave this a try again and ended up finding a lovly ice-cream van to drive around in, turn the jinggle on and run over zombies because the char is useless for anything else. So far so good - zombie kids where new for me, so when I ran over a tennis-cord full of them I took some serious moral damage - but thankfully the ice-cream boxes where filled fully with booze at this point, so I just started drinking to fight the moral damage. I very soon got a crippling addiction and could either drive heavly depressed, often going where I don'T want due to low focus or driving utterly drunk. Soon   ice-cream spreading was replaced with molotov throwing and drunk driving, vehicles certainly add a lot.

I didn't know you could play as Sweet Tooth.  I hope you threw on a cheap suit and clown makeup as well!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 02, 2016, 12:51:51 pm »

Maybe the Mycus Ambassador could transform the NPCs into being less useless?  Just giving the NPCs a Mycus ranged weapon for which the player can create ammo with their Mycus mutations would probably help immensely (especially if it is silent).  NPCs generally do OK until their ammo runs out.

Additional things that would benefit NPCs: Armor (they rarely start with any), Speed, and an area-of-effect attack. 
Ultimately, NPCs will charge into a zombie horde, get overwhelmed, then die, but these would keep them alive longer.

I like the idea of the Mycus Ambassador having such a benign name, even though it is most likely more of a Mycus Corrupter.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 06, 2016, 04:07:10 am »

I learned the hard way that playing in a no city world and starting naked is so very brutal.

So very difficult, but I am determined to survive at least 2 days. >:c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 06, 2016, 12:42:32 pm »

I will start playing again at 0.D , when ill decide to re-learn everything i forgot.
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 15, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »

... I recall reading something about NPCs being more operative now?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 451