Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824764 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2880 on: February 05, 2016, 08:10:46 am »

In the experimental, most of the professions that start with guns start with no magazines. They're not particularly useful at the moment.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 05, 2016, 09:45:31 pm »

*rolls new character* *picks random profession* *leaves stats all 8's and skills all 0's* *smashes locker, grabs rock, makes makeshift crowbar* *goes outside, wanders around looking for mi-go* *eventually finds one, beats to death with makeshift crowbar*

Yeah. Not seeing the problem here. Unless you were too encumbered or you were crippled from pain/cold I don't see what the problem is. Just make sure you drop your backpack and emergency jacket or whatever and kill the damn thing.

Recreating this experiment[Three times] yields me dying in a couple turns to the mi-go while is spouts spooky dialogue. This is with zero torso encumbrance, for the record. Unless mi-go have been nerfed to basic zombie level strength since 0.C[Which is possible, but unlikely], the above is patently false. A proper character a week or so in would have had much less trouble, but they're still pretty fast and quite deadly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: February 05, 2016, 10:38:09 pm »

In the experimental, most of the professions that start with guns start with no magazines. They're not particularly useful at the moment.
Speaking of, I really like how guns work now. I imagine some people don't, but I just like a post-apocalyptic game that treats guns as powerful and specifically makes sure that you can't have them. Even the Last of Us had you lugging around an armory by the end.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 05, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »

Speaking of, I really like how guns work now. I imagine some people don't, but I just like a post-apocalyptic game that treats guns as powerful and specifically makes sure that you can't have them. Even the Last of Us had you lugging around an armory by the end.
Are you talking about a recent change, or the fact that gun stores are now locked up and inaccessible without higher-level equipment (e.g. acetylene torches, hacksaws)?

I agree though. It felt wrong when a viable new-game strategy was to run into town for the nearest gun store and just shoot your way back out. Although, I think that their extreme inaccessibility is a little irritating sometimes; it makes playing weaker characters who're smarter than they are brawny a lot harder than before. Maybe there could be a "robbed gun store" variant with smashed windows that spawns worse/fewer guns and ammo?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 05, 2016, 11:20:21 pm »

Are there still the gun basements? More than once I ran into one of those long before finding the stuff to loot a gun store.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

blazing glory

« Reply #2885 on: February 05, 2016, 11:24:16 pm »

or the fact that gun stores are now locked up and inaccessible without higher-level equipment (e.g. acetylene torches, hacksaws)?
Unless something is changed, I've actually managed to get into Gun stores perfectly fine with 5 improvised lockpicks and no real skill, just try again and again and it'll eventually open.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2886 on: February 06, 2016, 12:52:01 pm »

or the fact that gun stores are now locked up and inaccessible without higher-level equipment (e.g. acetylene torches, hacksaws)?
Unless something is changed, I've actually managed to get into Gun stores perfectly fine with 5 improvised lockpicks and no real skill, just try again and again and it'll eventually open.
My little sister, while playing this game, actually managed to get into a gun store her own way: she found a functioning light tank with shells left, aimed it at the back wall, and blew a hole in it. Was pretty cool.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 06, 2016, 03:46:43 pm »

Don't they have barred shop windows and metal doors now? Well, some of them have metal doors, but then the guns are behind barred windows.
My little sister, while playing this game, actually managed to get into a gun store her own way: she found a functioning light tank with shells left, aimed it at the back wall, and blew a hole in it. Was pretty cool.
Heh, I've done something like that once. I tore a grenade launcher off of a tank and shot grenades at the window until it fell apart. (Which reminds me you can't use hacksaws. :v)
Are there still the gun basements? More than once I ran into one of those long before finding the stuff to loot a gun store.
Yeah, there are. However, I've found that they have a disproportionately large chance to spawn ammo incompatible with the guns in there, or incredibly small amounts (like 10 bullets) of really good ammo like 9mm +P+.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 06, 2016, 04:00:49 pm »

Ah, thats just it spawning a single stack of it, which for most of the better rounds is a shocking low amount.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 06, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »

I've never gotten far enough to tell, but you can make your own ammo, right?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: February 06, 2016, 05:00:17 pm »

Yeah, there's a book, The Handloader's Helper.

blazing glory

« Reply #2891 on: February 06, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »

Don't they have barred shop windows and metal doors now? Well, some of them have metal doors, but then the guns are behind barred windows.
Again, unless something changed then your lockpicks'll get past the metal door at the front easily, if the layout is the same then you're free to grab stuff off the racks after that.

Sledgehammer is best lockpick though.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 06, 2016, 05:49:44 pm »

Yeah, there's a book, The Handloader's Helper.

Some of the recipes are also given just by getting fabrication skill high enough. There are also other books, but Handloader's Helper has almost all of the ammo recipes. There are a few that you need to go lab diving or be amazingly lucky to get.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 06, 2016, 06:07:16 pm »

Reminds me of this scene.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:31 pm »

Also, for almost all of them, you need to find empty brass to reload. There are a few ranged weapons that don't need bullets that are amazing, looking at the pneumatic line in particular, but if you want an actual gun, you need to find an ammo stock.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 451