Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824760 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2865 on: February 05, 2016, 12:28:00 am »

I thought a neat detail was added in that while it is raining, molotov cocktails have a chance to go out. Nope. Apparently you have to attempt to light a flammable piece of cloth an average of 8 times before the flame stops going out on it's own.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: February 05, 2016, 12:51:58 am »

Triffid queens are easy though. All you need is a decent gun that isn't a pistol and they'll be dead with little effort. Melee may be more challenging though.

I'll be honest, the only time I fought one of those was when I was robust enough to farm the Amigara Fault in melee with basically no damage taken. I guess I thought they'd be harder with a less ridiculous character. :P I'm also philosophically opposed to ranged weapons in games like these, so I don't use guns. Closest I come is using the Railgun CBM to fire my metal melee weapon and then using the Electromagnet CBM to get it back to me afterwards.

I guess it's my character set-up; I'm based mainly around dodging so any enemy that combines high-speed and hard hits is a death sentence.

oOOOH, those builds can be quite fun! I've done a couple challenge runs as a dandy[Stylish trait & only wearing the fanciest clothes] and, in my experience, you need a fast and highish damage weapon to stunlock people so they can't hit you as much. Martial Arts works fine[I used Ninjitsu, eventually with retractable claws], as does something like a combat knife, rapier or even a bullwhip. Having block or parry on your weapon helps oodles too. Even then, Dodging builds are all fun and games until the bullets and explosives start flying, FYI. Unless you have whatever CBM let's you Matrix Dodge things, you're gonna need good armour if you plan to get into a lot of the later game areas. I remember it being a pain to deal with turrets in labs when one volley could bring me an inch from death[Fancy suits do not protect against fast-traveling projectiles, even if DO they turn my : | into a :3].

Still, they're still too aggressive to fulfill their purpose on the surface: to guard high-value corpses. There really should be a critter that's more territorial in their place.

Your sight range IS outside of the Mi-Gos' aggro range, so you can technically just go around them once you spot them. In practice, if they're near somewhere I travel to or from often, I end up accidentally cutting across their tile and drawing their ire eventually. I can't remember if there's some way to designate an area as "restricted", like there is in Crawl. If there is, try placing that about a map tile and a half around them to avoid wandering too close.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:10 am »

to beat migo you only need fire and the health to tank their hits until they burn up enough and flee
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: February 05, 2016, 01:14:41 am »

to beat migo you only need fire and the health to tank their hits until they burn up enough and flee

oh yeah you can just use a molotov cocktail

i keep forgetting you can do that

haha
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: February 05, 2016, 01:29:00 am »

Mi-go die to like, two shotgun shells. Or any half-working car going faster than a crawl. It is unfortunate if they're in a town, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2870 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:21 am »

Mi-go are creepy
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 05, 2016, 02:19:30 am »

Mi-go are, atleast in my experience, death itself, peaceful oddities, or a pushover. There are no areas in between.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:14 am »

Have mi-go been beefed or something? I've been beating them in melee just fine, plus only been attacked by one at a time.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 05, 2016, 03:12:58 am »

*rolls new character* *picks random profession* *leaves stats all 8's and skills all 0's* *smashes locker, grabs rock, makes makeshift crowbar* *goes outside, wanders around looking for mi-go* *eventually finds one, beats to death with makeshift crowbar*

Yeah. Not seeing the problem here. Unless you were too encumbered or you were crippled from pain/cold I don't see what the problem is. Just make sure you drop your backpack and emergency jacket or whatever and kill the damn thing.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 05, 2016, 03:17:52 am »

I am going to try and emulate all the given heroes in One Punch Man in CDDA.
thincake

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 05, 2016, 03:54:54 am »

Are items bound to a container, like dropping a backpack drops associated items?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 05, 2016, 04:42:33 am »

*rolls new character* *picks random profession* *leaves stats all 8's and skills all 0's* *smashes locker, grabs rock, makes makeshift crowbar* *goes outside, wanders around looking for mi-go* *eventually finds one, beats to death with makeshift crowbar*

Yeah. Not seeing the problem here. Unless you were too encumbered or you were crippled from pain/cold I don't see what the problem is. Just make sure you drop your backpack and emergency jacket or whatever and kill the damn thing.

I'll admit it's been a while, but I have definitely been ripped up in melee with one while I was wearing some of the lighter kevlar stuff, on a mid-game character. Have they had stats tweaked lately?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 05, 2016, 05:34:08 am »

Are items bound to a container, like dropping a backpack drops associated items?
It should, but unless it's changed, they are not.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 05, 2016, 05:34:41 am »

No. Supposedly, however, if you drop a worn backpack at the same time as a number of items whose volume will fit inside the backpack, then the action takes only as long as it does to take off and drop the backpack, and not the extra time for each individual item.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:46 am »

I'll admit it's been a while, but I have definitely been ripped up in melee with one while I was wearing some of the lighter kevlar stuff, on a mid-game character. Have they had stats tweaked lately?

I think the fungi boys have always been very dodgy characters, so any arm encumbrance or other melee malus and you can't hit them. They are pretty squishy if you can land hits, though. If you are encumbered, best have a gun.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 451