Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824992 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2015, 10:30:34 am »

Wear a face mask and brazier smoke shouldn't be as big a problem. Just camp in a house and use one room for cooking. Close the door. This is only if you don't want to collect rocks all day and you happen across a brazier early on.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2015, 10:33:51 am »

PTW

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2015, 10:35:11 am »

Eh, got the rocks for the fireplace now, so shouldn't be a problem.
Reason I'm doing this is its been raining near constantly since the game started, making it hard to cook stuff efficiently (light fire, cook one meat, light fire again)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2015, 10:53:41 am »

Last I checked basements won't burn down, so you can use them for both open fire cooking and food storage to some degree.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2015, 11:09:46 am »

Thanks for your answers guys!
I remember I tried a brazier once and ended up smoking up the shelter, so wanted to be sure that wouldn't happen this time.

Does the fireplace also make light? Or will I have to be silly and put it next to my computer terminal? :P
Also, what do I need to make the stone shovel? Digging is the thing I don't have right now :P

If there is a fast food restaurant nearby you could also grab their wood stove. Church also usually have braziers.

And yes they should make light.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2015, 11:17:58 am »

For reasons that should be painfully obvious, I'd really like to update my current LP series to use the new version, but before I do, I don't suppose anyone happens to know if there are any save comparability issues?

Last time I updated in the middle of a series, the basement I was in became a tomb, as all the stairs turned to windows xD

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:00 am »

I used a 0.b save in the new one just fine.  The changes were fine.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:18 am »

.c is .b and .a compatible. Barring a couple builds, experimentals have been save compatible for the past 1000+ releases. It's not that hard to copy your Cata folder and throw an experimental on top with ZERO lasting repercussions. Stop treating data on your computer like it's holy. Live a little. Take control.

Cata makes thing so easy. You just download the latest build and copy on top of an existing ongoing game. Overwrite everything and start up the game. DONE.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:31:43 am by BigD145 »

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2015, 11:24:32 am »

Utterly fantastic news :)

I was fairly confident from what people have said, that they would be save compatible, but for the sake of waiting to get an answer first, it seemed silly to risk a good character and a 30-odd episode LP on rushing in and updating out of excitement xD

Cheers for the help all :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:45 am »

Officialy we support at least the previous stable's save files, though in reality we tend to support a fair bit further back then that. (And even if you can't update directly you should almost certainly be able to "walk" it up through stable's to the current version).

out 0.c stable? the site don't report it in the news....
We're having some problems with that, check the announcements board on the forum to get the download links.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

Thanks for your answers guys!
I remember I tried a brazier once and ended up smoking up the shelter, so wanted to be sure that wouldn't happen this time.

Does the fireplace also make light? Or will I have to be silly and put it next to my computer terminal? :P
Also, what do I need to make the stone shovel? Digging is the thing I don't have right now :P

I think you need 2 rocks (one as a hammering tool), a 2x4 or a heavy stick, and some thread/sinews or something like that.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2015, 12:52:52 pm »

Well thanks to you guys help I now have a smexy fireplace where that broken console was in the shelter. MUCH BROTH ENSUED.

So I'm at 7 construction (started with it that high), 5 tailoring, 3 mechanics, plus rifles and marksman are both about to level to 3. I'm doing very well in this playthrough :3

What level do you get the survivor recipes? I'm currently in about 12 layers of reinforced...everything and am waiting for those to become available before I start paring it down to something reasonable. I have 17 torso encumbrance, PLEASE HALP :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:48 pm »

From the Hitler clone discussion:
Out of curiosity, what was his stats?
I made him a krav maga artist with the groom profession as I usually do. I didn't put much thought into this.
In response, I decided that if you were going to clone Hitler, then you should do it right.
Gentleman... BEHOLD!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The JSON (click to show/hide)
Hope you guys enjoy, it's my first mod.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:47 pm »

Well thanks to you guys help I now have a smexy fireplace where that broken console was in the shelter. MUCH BROTH ENSUED.

So I'm at 7 construction (started with it that high), 5 tailoring, 3 mechanics, plus rifles and marksman are both about to level to 3. I'm doing very well in this playthrough :3

What level do you get the survivor recipes? I'm currently in about 12 layers of reinforced...everything and am waiting for those to become available before I start paring it down to something reasonable. I have 17 torso encumbrance, PLEASE HALP :P

Survivor stuff you need 6-8 in tailoring and/or fabrication.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2015, 01:46:08 pm »

From the Hitler clone discussion:
Out of curiosity, what was his stats?
I made him a krav maga artist with the groom profession as I usually do. I didn't put much thought into this.
In response, I decided that if you were going to clone Hitler, then you should do it right.
Gentleman... BEHOLD!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The JSON (click to show/hide)
Hope you guys enjoy, it's my first mod.

Gonna try it as soon as I have spare time, which is probably not today. I'll try to make him a superior being with the alpha branch. :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 451