Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825055 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Do zombies still occassionally drop things that violently explode in fire?

Also they can see you at night, the heat becomes bothersome, and smoke.  But Fire is definitely a perfered way to deal with zoms overall.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Do zombies still occassionally drop things that violently explode in fire?

Also they can see you at night, the heat becomes bothersome, and smoke.  But Fire is definitely a perfered way to deal with zoms overall.
If you are playing with hordes on, starting massive fires can be the only way to survive, from what I've seen.

EDIT: I think I got lucky in this 0.C run. Got a large tent, which I am using as a safe house at the edge of a town. Got a sleeping bag, rollmat, down-filled blanket. My clothes could be in better shape, but for having started as a hitchhiker, I really can't complain.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:08:02 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

On that note 0.C is officially released, but there seem to be some problems on the Cata website at the moment. Downloads can be found here (Mac version is down a few posts).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »

PTW.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2015, 06:30:00 pm »

PTW also.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2015, 06:36:20 pm »

Having static npcs in a surrounded starter shelter spawn with a flamethrower may or may not be a smart idea.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »

Just wondering, was the sew pockets option for tailor kits removed for 0.C? I do not seem to be getting the option.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2015, 06:50:17 pm »

Just wondering, was the sew pockets option for tailor kits removed for 0.C? I do not seem to be getting the option.
Yeah, it wasn't really making sense under the current ENC system. Plans for post-0.C include increasing the resolution of the ENC system which should allow for it to be added back in pretty easily.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, what was his stats?

I made him a krav maga artist with the groom profession as I usually do. I didn't put much though into this.

I'm not sure if a martial artist Hitler is awesome or terrifying.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2015, 11:17:42 pm »

So, started playing this again. The monsters fighting other monsters is a HUGE asset. A moose can wipe out most zeds and often go on insane killing sprees. Plus the starting NPC ALWAYS goes out to mess with wild animals and dies, sometimes after killing a few of them. This means you can snag their starting gear, often useful stuff like backpacks and trenchcoats as well as some starting meat, bone and sinew. Thus far, I've mostly been playing as a melee guy with the Fencing martial art and a cudgel. I've only died once, because I forgot to take off my jacket before a tough combat. It hapens to the best of us[And the last of us]. I'm really hoping for an early rapier drop from an antique store or somesuch, but the cudgel is a pretty solid early weapon, just as good as the KNIFE SPEAR if you've got Fencing.

EDIT: Update on mooses: They'll often aggro a cat or similar and waste time prancing around trying to hit something tiny. I poked one to death with my cudgel and very little Melee skill, so they're not as powerful as I remember them being.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:21:39 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2015, 11:28:33 pm »

Cougars are actually pretty hilariously docile, they'll kind of prance around you and follow you like a pet till they want !!HUGS!! and try to claw your face off.  Oh, how does fencing improve cudgel damage? Saw it in the changelog and been meaning to try it out but for my first run on 0.C I just indulged in a forked spear.  Wonder if umbrellas would work just as well. 

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:10 pm »

That moose was keeping a catsplosion at bay, you monster.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2015, 11:39:12 pm »

I gave a quick start and ended as a police officer stuck in a burning building for my start, i rushed outside only to find there was a lot of zombies.
Fortunately i managed to run away and very likely lose the horde in the forest i circled , so in the end i went back in a less populated part of the town and started cleaning the area with my usp handgun

i noticed a "kreck" that was going along the outskirt, that apparently is a fat red twisted humanoid the size of a dog, he was running after a squirrel instead of rushing toward me, what a change :D

I tried to save the squirrel and shot down that "kreck"
Then resumed cleaning a bit the house surrounding, i'm now near out of bullets and heard noise when i gave a quick look on that house basement, i'll have to check if i can find some good melee weapon on the next house.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2015, 11:41:44 pm »

Oh, how does fencing improve cudgel damage?

It allows a few extra maneuvers with it with extra[+6?] damage, lets you feint and, according to the tooltip, moving a space will give you a stack that gives you +2 stab damage[Useless for cudgels] and +1 accuracy and you can accumulate either two or up to your Melee skill[They're both the same, ATM, so I can't tell] in stacks. Fencing looks really good for kiting, especially combined with bushes or a parkour artist and tables. An umbrella ought to work fairly well too, although it might take more time per swing. Once acid rain is back in, umbrella fencing could become fairly viable.

EDIT: More Fencing stack research: You lose all stacks if you stand still, apparently. Constantly moving is the name of the metagame.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 451