Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825863 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1095 on: May 11, 2015, 08:25:04 pm »

Apparently some youtuber got a warning on the Cata DDA forums for using the word "lame" in an allegedly offensive manner, while in the past, I have not gotten such warnings for actually swearing. I would link, but I'm on mobile because my laptop seems to be dead.

Wait, is "lame" really considered a swear word? Some people really get offended by the most ridiculous things. -_-
The way I see it, lame is just an adjective, nothing wrong with it. But then again, I don't know the context.
Some people seem to actively look for things to be offended by.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 11, 2015, 08:40:47 pm »

Lame's one of those "wait, it means that?" words, less-so because usually people do know it means this but don't connect the dots, but in an offensive manner it (was) used to describe disabled people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 11, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »

disabled people.

You can't say that about differently-abled people! Ability challenged people?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:44 pm »

I've actually never heard it used to describe anything that had a disability in a negative way. At least in my experience, it's a strange word in that it's only an insult if you're not applying it to its original use. People still refer to horses with crippled legs as lame, and the term isn't even really used towards humans any more except in very specific situations.

To be extra-clear, lame doesn't just mean disabled, usually. It's usually more specifically defined as a disability resulting from weakness, e.g. muscle dystrophy or motor neuron impairment. Used in an insulting context, it was probably originally meant to describe someone or something so socially weak that it couldn't metaphorically 'stand up on its own two feet', like a 'lame' joke that fell flat or a 'lame' person who could barely function on their own in a conversation.

Back to Cataclysm, the new encumbrance system's been giving me pause. I don't know if it's just me having a psychological fit, but it feels like I'm getting a lot of mixed results. On the one hand, sometimes I feel like I'm wearing way more than I used to be able to, but sometimes also I've found myself encumbered with things I don't remember being that encumbering.
Nothing important here, move along.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 12, 2015, 05:51:55 am »

Apparently some youtuber got a warning on the Cata DDA forums for using the word "lame" in an allegedly offensive manner, while in the past, I have not gotten such warnings for actually swearing. I would link, but I'm on mobile because my laptop seems to be dead.

I dunno what's so offensive about lame, I wouldn't get offended if someone said that (disabled IRL :P)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1100 on: May 12, 2015, 06:21:22 am »

I dunno what's so offensive about lame, I wouldn't get offended if someone said that (disabled IRL :P)
Ahh but you see, there are thousands of people who feel as though they need to get offended on your behalf!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:35 am »

Repair the fuel tanks.  If I recall, tanks that are damaged (yellow) condition or worse will leak their contents. 

EDIT: Aah, there's a whole 'nother page that I missed.  I need more sleep. >_<

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 12, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »

I'm having monsters de-spawn when they go off my field of vision. Is anyone having the same problem?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

IIRC a fix for that has already been in the latest experimental for the last 2 days or so.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 12, 2015, 09:38:30 pm »

UURGH.

Savegame compatiblity?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 12, 2015, 09:46:13 pm »

Savegames should be always compatible from one version to the next, we take care for it to be that way. Hypothetically even saves from all of the way back around .7 should still be able to be loaded in the current experimental, though you might need to do something like .7->.8->.9->.A->.B->.C->.C Experimental, loading and resaving each time (and some small weirdnesses/loss of current effects/etc might occur).

Just moving between experimentals shouldn't ever cause you any problems (though we still advocate copying rather than moving in case something goes wrong). Also note: saves are mostly raw text, so if you compress your save folders first you can cut their size to about 12% of what they were before compression, so do that before moving them if they are a very large save.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:47:59 pm by i2amroy »
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 13, 2015, 12:42:53 am »

I got an error asking to hit spacebar involving the animatronic fox. This is with 3153 win console during initial load. The laundromat spawn was the last commit. I'll look up the wording in the morning. I think it was an entity missing error. Nothing I know of has been despawning. My save is a few months old and has been following dozens of builds.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 13, 2015, 12:47:26 am »

Were you running any mods? That sounds like an error that could potentially be caused by a mod problem (since animatronic foxes only exist in mods).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:09 am »

Aren't the mod choices saved by the world upon creation? I don't remember specifically choosing the Freddy's content. I'm not sure it was even in when I created that world.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 13, 2015, 01:17:53 am »

Yeah they are, which is why I was asking. :P
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 451