Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SG] 29th Annual Hunger Games - On the Train  (Read 2856 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] 29th Annual Hunger Games - On the Train
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 11:08:05 pm »

You slowly put the crystal back into your pocket, making no sudden moves. You get it back in your pocket, and you dont think you were noticed. You calmly walk into your room, and a very fine one it is! There is a television set, a large bed, and what looks like feather pillows. There is a dresser, which upon further inspection contains some very fine clothes. Most of them are very flashy, unfortunately, but one or two seem to be more casual than the others.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »

See if we can watch the reapings of the other districts on the television
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »

Find the food and eat whatever look somewhat healthy. You will need your strength for the arena.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 02:36:00 pm »

Let's not eat unnecessary amounts. They'll feed us before the arena.
See if we can watch the reapings of the other districts on the television
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:06 am »

You sit on the couch in your room and switch the TV on. You then find the nearest servant and ask for the reapings. She scampers off without a word. While she's away, you wonder in the hallway. Your mentor comes walking towards you.

"Ah, there you are. I'm Bridget Haperstant, but you know that already"

You think back. She won the 26th Games. That year was particularly bad. The arena was a desert, and almost everyone died of thirst. Bridget was one of the few that found an oasis. She only killed a couple other people that found it also, but for the majority of the game, she camped out in the same place.

The two of you shake hands and she tells you that she has some things planned in the morning for you and Ros.

As you come back into your room, the servant returns with a bag full of small things that look like they might plug into the side of the TV. She pulls the first one out and puts it in. The TV flashes on and the first reaping starts.

After that one ends, you put the second one in. You repeat the process. After the 4th one, you start getting hungry, and start searching for some food. Unfortunately you dont find any, but when you get back to your room you find a tray with all sorts of things on it. One fruit catches your eye, a yellow long skinny one that you dont recognise. You peel it and begin eating it. Its very tasty, and you immediaty go for the next one. After 6 of them, you start feeling a bit sick, so you stop. You do finish watching the reapings though. Its about midnight when its all finished, and your getting pretty tired.

Spoiler: Reapings (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 05:13:52 pm »

Ask Bridget for some tips regarding strategy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 12:22:45 am »

You decide to sleep, seeing as how its almost midnight. You strip down and snuggle under the covers, falling asleep almost immediately.

You wake up from a dreamless sleep to a knocking at the door. A voice is calling to you, saying its time for breakfast. You get out of bed, a little stiff, and look at the clock. 9:20. Well, you arent used to sleeping that late, but you did stay up late the night before. You just put on the same clothes as yesterday. They stink a little, but other than that, they arent that dirty. You get your hair wet, and comb it a bit before heading out to breakfast.

When you get there, Bridget and Ros are already sitting down and eating. Eggs, scones, toast and a variety of fruit are available. You havent had any of it before, so you grab a little bit of everything.

"Go ahead, help yourself." Says Bridget, while buttering her own toast. She takes a large bite, and says with her mouth full. "Now, tell me, what you can do. You strong, fast, what?"

"Well, I can fish a little bit. I found a pond in one of the pastures, and it had a couple fish in it..." Says Ros, before you can answer. You take the oportunity to munch on some eggs.

"Well, thats not exactly what I had in mind, but being able to fish will be a good skill to have. Anything else?"

"Umm..."

"I see. What about you, Zack?"

You had just finished gobbling down some toast when the question had been asked. You werent exactly paying much attention, food being a little more important at the moment, so you werent expecting the question. In your haste to swallow, you choke on the toast. After several minutes of back slapping and water, Bridget says: "Well, besides not being able to chew, is there anything else I should know?"

"Well, *cough* I aint a pushover, if thats what you're asking."

"Really? Thats it?"

"Well..."

At this point, Bridget stands up and begins to pace. She's clearly getting frustrated at the lack of skill you and Ros have. Suddenly, she spins around and throws something at you. Fortunately, your reflexes kick in, and you dodge the object pretty easily.

"Well, at least you dont just sit there waiting to be hit" She says, as the fork, which is what she threw, thuds into the seat, ripping a nice hole in it. "Use that to your advantage. If you can dodge things, get the other opponents to throw things at you. It will reduce what weapons they have, and maybe give you an opening to attack them."

What do you do?

((Sorry guys, kind of a half post. I've been struggling to get my homepage back to what it should be. Darn websites change them.
Anyway, if you want, I can fast forward a couple of days to the training, which is where most of the exciting stuff starts. The next couple of days will be pretty much the info-gathering stage. After that, you train, then the arena, which is what this is all about anyway. If you do choose to fast forward, I'll post a huge update going through what happened.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:47 am »

Fast forewards

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 12:47:19 am »

((Ok, the next post will take a while then. Expect it in a couple days. Or tonight if I manage to pump it out, but I doubt it.))
Pages: 1 [2]