Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Name-based Ship-forger at shapeWright  (Read 6433 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name-based Ship-forger at shapeWright
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2015, 08:42:49 pm »

Ok, I've got a pretty good idea for a d20 system using the ships we've generated for a sorta epic space opera coop suggestion game type deal, but I need a bit of a hand since I'm stuck on a couple parts.

First, I want to have three stats that affect how well you, as a newly minted 2nd lieutenant, handle commanding your ship, with the three areas being dodge, accuracy, and a third area that I'm not sure on. I'm also not sure what to call the stats without resorting to the bog standard Dex, Int, etc

Secondly, I'm not sure on what to do with missile weapons. I got progression and flavor for kinetic and beam weapons down(beam weapons are inherently more accurate and penetrating, but tend to do less damage, while kinetic weapons like Gauss slugs do more damage, but lack the inherent accuracy and penetration of beams. Not to say one cannot do what the other can, but that's how it initially is), but as for missiles I have no idea on how to differentiate them from just being more powerful kinetic weapons
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2015, 08:49:48 pm »

Could missiles be more accurate (due to the fact that they can change direction mid-flight) but less penetrating ('cause they explode as soon as they hit things)? Maybe AoE too, depending on how the system's working.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »

So, basically a mix of beams AND kinetic? Might work as a happy medium
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

Will we be able to order about fighter squads to be primary assault, distract enemy forces, act as a missile shield, perform kamikaze attacks, etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »

Actually, I have corvettes as basically the strike craft of the universe, but basically yeah. I still need a bit of help with the parts I'm stuck on...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »

The third stat should be speed. Although, dodge kind of takes care of that aspect.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:19 pm »

The third stat should be speed. Although, dodge kind of takes care of that aspect.

Hence my dilemma :D

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2015, 09:13:30 pm »

Well, why do we need a third stat anyway?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:36 pm »

Durability?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]