Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign OOC  (Read 30300 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign OOC
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2015, 05:02:18 pm »

I think there's some kind of old-timey comic books in Fallen London. Maybe nobody's really heard of them yet, but Kate would totally be one of the first comic fans.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:07 pm »

Also note that the uniform is just a coat.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2015, 11:24:27 pm »

Aw, I thought it was a whole pantsuit dealie.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2015, 01:25:13 am »

Aw, I thought it was a whole pantsuit dealie.
^This ._.

Now I can't ever life my dream of being a faux-london stylist!
With pants!

Also note that the uniform is just a coat.
You mean Victorian Era dress or...? :P

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2015, 02:15:37 am »

Wait, when did this turn into a Play-by-post?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2015, 02:25:47 am »

Wait, when did this turn into a Play-by-post?
I think it was ever since?
...Wasn't this how it was to be played ever since? ._.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think so. It was originally going to be using something-something I can't recall exactly but it was.... IRC or something. Anyway, here is a quote.
It needs to be prepared properly, of course. But you can easily find cooks for that sort of things down here in Fallen London.

FAKE-EDIT: Pickled sigs are a delicacy.  :P

Also, I'm considering play-by-post. I'm just worried that playing the game that way might bog us down during mini-episodes, but I suppose we could always make separate threads as needed and overthrow piecewise for those who are interested in hunting down weasel-possessed dolls for extra rostygolds.

The real question is whether if everyone is prepared to post at least once a week.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2015, 03:09:45 am »

It's just a black coat, with the Department of Menace Eradication logo on it. You can put your armor or whatever below it, and that's the main point. The Eradication Officer chases after man-eating monsters, so unlike the Constables they probably need to be in battle gear more often than not.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think so. It was originally going to be using something-something I can't recall exactly but it was.... IRC or something. Anyway, here is a quote.
It needs to be prepared properly, of course. But you can easily find cooks for that sort of things down here in Fallen London.

Also, I'm considering play-by-post. I'm just worried that playing the game that way might bog us down during mini-episodes, but I suppose we could always make separate threads as needed and overthrow piecewise for those who are interested in hunting down weasel-possessed dolls for extra rostygolds.

The real question is whether if everyone is prepared to post at least once a week.
OH!
I think Objective mentioned that we're doing Play By Post instead due to the varying and different timezones we're all having.

Also I totally got the image of a greatcoat without pants. It still works, Obj. :P
...I just got only part of the real image. x3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2015, 05:08:39 pm »

Sorry for the extreme railroading, things will be a lot less linear soon.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »

OH!
I think Objective mentioned that we're doing Play By Post instead due to the varying and different timezones we're all having.

Also I totally got the image of a greatcoat without pants. It still works, Obj. :P
...I just got only part of the real image. x3

It was because of that as well, yes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2015, 11:58:06 pm »

Sorry for the extreme railroading, things will be a lot less linear soon.
I don't mind it. With Play-By-Posts it works alright.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:09 am »

Yeah, I think I made too many microturns. The moment everyone get along I'm going to drop half an hour worth of post so that we can just get on with monster slaying already instead of waiting for people to post.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:47 am »

I think it's a good idea to assume that anything that's not a conflict or challenge you only really need user posts a couple of times per scene, or if there's an actual task to overcome. Players who want to post more and/or banter can do that freely, but there's no need to wait for everybody's "turn".

Basically, at some point in a scene you need player feedback, wait for everyone to post, otherwise just move on after some real-world time (for example, each 24 hour period). At least that's how I've seen it played most of the time.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

That;s how I'd do 13th Age if I updated more often...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22