Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do some RPG Nazis want?  (Read 1670 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
What do some RPG Nazis want?
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:18:19 pm »

So I'm GMing a mini-campaign with a misfit platoon of MI-5 B5(b) infiltrators stopping Nazi Ahnenerbe Goons from achieving some dastardly goal of... something.

I want to put them in some forgotten underground city in eastern Turkey, in the coastal mountains along the Black Sea. Part of the campaign in forest, part along the river, and partly on bare rock and narrow goat-trails should give us a nice wasteland feeling. The fact that they're in a neutral nation means neither side can call down artillery strikes; they've got to do this the old-fashioned way.

The PC platoon is three squads and only the lightest support; maybe 30, 35 men. (And women. About 10 of the "men" are women who joined up in some other division and were too good at killing people to drum out. A lot of this campaign is like that...) The PCs are seven oddballs including the Lieutenant in charge of the platoon and squad A and the two PCs in charge of the B and C squads. Everyone else is an NPC.

They'll encounter a larger force of substantially inferior nazi goons.

My question remains: What are the Nazis up to? It has to be impressive but not the Arc of the Covenant, C'thulhu, or anything else too overplayed.

Thoughts?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: What do some RPG Nazis want?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:19:38 pm »

Portal to another world.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:38 pm »

C'thulhu
Who's this guy? :P

If you need impressive but not legendary or something, come up with a minor artifact or something. Depending on the tone, you could go with something like "The not-quite-so-holy as the Holy Grail grail".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »

A trove of scrolls from the Library of Alexandria, including instructions for neat things like Greek Fire or a functioning Archimedes Death Ray, which the Nazis hope to improve upon to aid in the war effort (you will need to exaggerate their usefulness to a dramatic extent). If your campaign is more supernaturally oriented, designs for a complete Antikythera Mechanism, which does something or other.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:34:03 pm »

They're searching for information on the lost tribes.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 11:48:25 pm »

The perfection virus in order to turn the world aryan.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:51 am »

They've found the Hanging Gardens. Hammurabi and a bunch of Babylonian dudes are chilling there. Then it's discovered that the Babylonians stole the Fountain of Youth (thus explaining why no-one else could find it and why they're still alive).
The Nazis are trying to buy the Fountain to make Hitler immortal (or resurrect him and then make him immortal, depending on when this is set).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:24 am »

They've found the Hanging Gardens. Hammurabi and a bunch of Babylonian dudes are chilling there. Then it's discovered that the Babylonians stole the Fountain of Youth (thus explaining why no-one else could find it and why they're still alive).
The Nazis are trying to buy the Fountain to make Hitler immortal (or resurrect him and then make him immortal, depending on when this is set).

This is actually a pretty good plot...

If you were adverse to it though, you could in fact do a variety of lesser holy artifacts.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 03:22:37 am »

SCP items? Particularily if your group ain't too familiar with the thing. Discard the Foundation and call them by other name if you wish, or just description. After all, Hitler's ambitions towards supernatural are common ploy in fiction...

For example, Nazis are seeking for 076 without a clue who they're seeking (although it'd be really really dangerous for PCs too). 152 is sought in an attempt to find out dangers to reich and eliminate them quickly (even though it doesn't work just like that). They've run into 802 in France and are seeking some other item to solve the problem, suggested to be in Turkey.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 04:41:18 am »

Mystic artifact of an ancient civilization that predates Sumeria which is powered by Ley Lines?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 05:59:25 am »

Signing new peace treaty with Soviet union, establishing new borders of Europe and Africa along with nuclear development collaboration program and "Atlantic-Pacific Offensive". With actual magic/artifacts involved, but whole reclamation affair is secondary in general plan, it is a gambit to distract secret services of allied forces. Here's a twist for ya.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 11:24:10 am »

This right here is a good idea.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 04:49:01 am »

Spear of Longinus? Piece of the True Cross? Noah's little known Life raft? A Noah's ark related tidbit might be good since Mount Ararat is in Turkey. Alternatively Constantine's War Banner? Not sure what I'd suggest that isn't connected to the Eastern Roman Empire or Oriental Christianity, given the place and Indiana Jones stuff. I suppose you could have an ancient tomb with some sort of ancient super science in there if you wanted to as well.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 01:34:27 pm »

1. An Ahnenerbe expedition to "prove" that Çatal Hüyük (one of the earliest known cities, sited in southwestern Turkey) or some other made-up city if your players are geography nitpickers was in fact an Aryan civilization. Could also have various lost artifacts of power involved. Maybe they're trying to forge an Aryan origin as grounds for a casus belli to invade Turkey (when what they really want is to control the Straits of Bosphorus and open up a new theater against the Soviets).

2. Searching for a gateway to the underground advanced civilization mentioned in Edward Bulwer-Lytton's The Coming Race, so that they can discover the secret of Vril and develop Vril-powered aircraft and tanks. For shits and giggles, add in the Black Sun Society. Double points if you work in a "It was a dark and stormy night" reference.  :P

3. They're attempting to find a lost fortress of the Teutonic Knights from the 13th century (yes, the Teutonic Knights were present in the Crusades and had castles in Armenia/eastern Turkey) where a band of the Knight's strongest warriors are said to lie buried under a magical spell that would allow them to rise again. Or alternately, the Nazis have discovered some kind of magic or science to raise them from the dead (Nazi Zombie Knights HO!) and are just trying to find the castle and then the catacombs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

It is a secret industry site for the massproduction of Eva Braun body pillows, the only choice for the proud Aryan soldier in need of comforting.
Love, scriver~
Pages: [1] 2