Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: United Assembly Interest Check  (Read 3215 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: United Assembly Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 12:33:37 pm »

Wouldn't it be more fun with IRL countries?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »

If we are doing IRL countries I call the moon, with Canada as my "Front"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »

I fthats the case germany otherwise, teton again.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »

Wouldn't it be more fun with IRL countries?
Would it? I don't think so. Real countries carry all the baggage of thousands of years of complicated history. Fake countries allow you to make up whatever you want, so you'll always be an expert on your country.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 03:45:56 pm »

I enjoyed making up that history between Zimiateos and Teton, exploiting my peeps. With RL countries you don't really have the freedom to just arbitrarily pick who you want to be enemies with (or at least not do it believably)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:56 pm »

True Hector, I am still going to be the moon.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »

I'd be interested, as long as you speed up the game ooc.  A week per day ratio is way too high; three days to one is a better pace, imho.

I'm thinking..."The United Confederation of Greater Colonies" (AKA The U.C.G.C.)
A conglomerate of assorted colonies that revolted during the previous war.  Still struggling with post-war economic troubles, but with a comfortable number of weapons and an intimidating military might, they U.C.G.C. is one of the larger countries in the UA.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:24 pm »

You can count me as interested.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 04:20:11 pm »

I'd be interested, as long as you speed up the game ooc.  A week per day ratio is way too high; three days to one is a better pace, imho.

I'm thinking..."The United Confederation of Greater Colonies" (AKA The U.C.G.C.)
A conglomerate of assorted colonies that revolted during the previous war.  Still struggling with post-war economic troubles, but with a comfortable number of weapons and an intimidating military might, they U.C.G.C. is one of the larger countries in the UA.
The game is entirely player-controlled. All I do as GM is interpret the effects of your actions, and optionally provide OOC advice. It will go as fast as you guys can make it go. The in-game day ends when the Assembly Leader ends the session of that committee. He can set a three day time limit on it if he wants.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:12 pm »

Would it? I don't think so. Real countries carry all the baggage of thousands of years of complicated history. Fake countries allow you to make up whatever you want, so you'll always be an expert on your country.
My country only has several hundred years of fairly uninteresting history. Take that, generalisations!

In any case, the last game was severely hampered by having too many people IMO. It was impossible to keep track of everyone.
Six to eight people would be a better number than twelve, I think. I know you've got all those committees, but dropping a few for the sake of gameplay can't hurt.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 10:36:20 pm »

Yes it can. Eight is way too few. Six is way too few. Real legislatures often have twenty to several hundred people in them. You guys can handle twelve. The difficulty of keeping track of everyone is part of the point.

e: Look at it this way: Ye Gods apparently has more than 20 people in it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:39:03 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »

That was part of the reason why it was abandoned/put on hold :P the GM didn't have the time (it took 5-7 hours to update the game every turn, compared to 30 minutes or so at the start) to keep it going and continue RL stuff, so they were trying to streamline it before continuing/starting up again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

The problem is, I don't thjnk you're going to get 12 people.

We never got them in the first game, after all.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

We did get them, it's just that some of them dropped out, and we never found replacements. If we can't get 12 people, then there isn't sufficient interest in the game to warrant me running it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:22:47 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »

People dropped out before the game started, IIRC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5