Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cant seem to figure out how to gain renown or finish quests...  (Read 7325 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried asking in the questions forum but.. i really dont think i learned anything and i think this needs its own post to be fully understood, but how exactly do you gain fame? Iv killed entire camps of sleeping bandits and goblins and I can still only have two partners at a time and nobody but this one sad little man wants to be my hearthperson, What do I do? how do I turn in my quests or finish them even... I want to start gaining respect and building armies like i did before and i am just barely scraping by encounter to encounter in this desperate attempt to get anyware but never progressing... the last two days iv been playing i dont see any defferences in how people see me.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Cant seem to figure out how to gain renown or finish quests...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:53:36 am »

Popularity is all shit at the moment. Why do you want it? for companions?
most the popularity gained will be from killing beasts n baddies that are enemys to the civ you are helping.
Spreading rumours works well though. Like an airborn virus.

Now if you want many companions I could show you some threads realated to that but its quicker if I tell you.
Get as many that can follow you. Go to a secluded area tell them to wait and the game will keep then compainions but not an active party and you can recruit more (rinse wash repeat) go back to the drop location and ask all to follow you.
Or
You could brave the shitty FPS of a dark fort and rekidnap the kids (I got 164 this way) take them somewhere tell them to wait and then wait yourself for an hour and they will 'grow up' changing from child to recruit and they become equipable fron there onwards.
Or
learn the secrets of life and death and res anything in sight.
There is no follower cap if you know the ways around it.
Im sure I covered it all.
Any more questions while im being sensible?

This is some help I give everybody who asks that question.
What I missed out was you can make X amount of characters and make a party out of them.
Currently im leading a party of vampire warriors spreading death and butter like a hotel concierge...
Basicly fame is bugged at the moment. Yes you gain it but it doesn't effect much. Im a legendary killer to some and I make good deals, nobody cares though. Nobody cares.... *sob
Yay for helping
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 12:13:20 pm »

Popularity is all shit at the moment. Why do you want it? for companions?
most the popularity gained will be from killing beasts n baddies that are enemys to the civ you are helping.
Spreading rumours works well though. Like an airborn virus.

Now if you want many companions I could show you some threads realated to that but its quicker if I tell you.
Get as many that can follow you. Go to a secluded area tell them to wait and the game will keep then compainions but not an active party and you can recruit more (rinse wash repeat) go back to the drop location and ask all to follow you.
Or
You could brave the shitty FPS of a dark fort and rekidnap the kids (I got 164 this way) take them somewhere tell them to wait and then wait yourself for an hour and they will 'grow up' changing from child to recruit and they become equipable fron there onwards.
Or
learn the secrets of life and death and res anything in sight.
There is no follower cap if you know the ways around it.
Im sure I covered it all.
Any more questions while im being sensible?

This is some help I give everybody who asks that question.
What I missed out was you can make X amount of characters and make a party out of them.
Currently im leading a party of vampire warriors spreading death and butter like a hotel concierge...
Basicly fame is bugged at the moment. Yes you gain it but it doesn't effect much. Im a legendary killer to some and I make good deals, nobody cares though. Nobody cares.... *sob
Yay for helping
Wait... your saying there is no way to get fame and recruit more people? Than theres no point in even doing quests... right? Kinda sucks...
You can recruit your own created characters though? a endless army of them?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:24:27 pm »

Mr. McLegendary is way more famous than Mrs. McLegendary, so while she can recruit all sorts of folks, he chuckles at her confidence, though she is excited to adventure when he asks her.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »

Mr. McLegendary is way more famous than Mrs. McLegendary, so while she can recruit all sorts of folks, he chuckles at her confidence, though she is excited to adventure when he asks her.
???

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:16:10 pm »

Wait... your saying there is no way to get fame and recruit more people? Than theres no point in even doing quests... right? Kinda sucks...
No Fame itself exsists and people will join you for if you have fame, its just most people dont care so it wont work with them.

???

What max means is a little bit of a deep inside joke of his, he made two characters, one a female one male, they are married.
When an adventurer asks another adventurer to join them they often sound very enthusiastic to join.
Its quite funny.
Max is.... weird, funny but weird.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:31:45 pm »

Oh no no, I made a fortress and stole a dorf from it who I had previously named Urist McLegendary, and when I got a chance to re-do his adventuring from scratch with the stuff I had learned since then (he was my first adventurer mode experience ever) on a back-up save I was surprised to learn that he was married, and later on brought her out of the fort to go adventuring and track down her husband. I changed the professions since there is no way to edit a dorf language name to be McLegendary, so I just made them Mr. McLegendary and Mrs. McLegendary, Necromancers.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:13 pm »

No Fame itself exsists and people will join you for if you have fame, its just most people dont care so it wont work with them.

???

What max means is a little bit of a deep inside joke of his, he made two characters, one a female one male, they are married.
When an adventurer asks another adventurer to join them they often sound very enthusiastic to join.
Its quite funny.
Max is.... weird, funny but weird.
but they always say "with a band so large what share of the glory will i have?"  how do i make them stop that and join my massive army... getting like 18 guys to attack a dragon at my side was always my favorite things, fighting past there melting bodies to reach my goal... please tell me thats still possible somehow...

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »

How to get many followers should be in the first post?
Dizzy...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »

Don't forget the newest option, Rumrusher has an invoke.lua script which you use while in a conversation prompt, it changes the top two options to be the demon slab options of "bind using true name" or "banish using true name", just in case you want to get a big horde asap without caring if you have to literally bind them to your service according to legends mode.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 02:23:23 am »

How to get many followers should be in the first post?
Dizzy...
I dont understand what you mean.. Do you know how to get more followers?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 07:37:00 am »

Yes I do.
Its in the my very first post in this thread.
Just have a read of it and perhaps read it again if you dont understand and then try the methods.
If after doing this you still dont understand, I will happily post up some instructions.
Im here to help adventurers, only to eat them later

Read Bumbers post below for nutritional advice
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:49:30 am by That Wolf »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 08:42:37 am »

If at first someone doesn't join you, beat the carp out of them or somebody else nearby until they do. Once you have the max number of followers, tell them to wait there while you get more. Once you have a sufficient army of potential followers you can have them all rejoin you. Then add kidnapped children on top of that for good measure.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:03 pm »

okay the thing about invoke script in dfhack. it's a super better version of the dfusion's make companion script. because Invoking someone to join you straight up kills their faction and reasoning for attacking you.
undead who hate your guts, invoke them and now their yours. bandit who's finally got the guts to run you through invoke them and their your bud. random angel in the middle of the air invoke and now you got a pet companion.

but yeah the good way to bypass the huge party comment is to make it seem like you don't have a huge party. if you go to your companions and tell them to wait it out in a site somewhere you can drop your companion party size so that the guy who rejected you in the first place will straight up agree to join you. you could even move said guy to your main party with no fuss since he already sign an agreement.

here's a guide drawn out with the jist of how it works.
you don't need fame anymore.
also I notice good friends will agree to become your hearthsperson so uhh dump an adventurer at a fort and have them make friends so that when they want to be a lord of some site they can at least place some generals down.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »

Plus if someone you bound pisses you off, you can just banish them!

I needed a companion and didn't wanna deal with the annoyance of animating/rekilling undead to keep bogeymen away, and didn't want Mr. McLegendary to wander off and have to track him down again so I tried out invoking on him, it worked of course though I got the amusing effect where instead of asking how he is feeling I declare "you are bound to me" and he's like "s'cool, I got to kill some goblins recently, that was fun"... and I suppose it makes divorce proceedings much less time consuming.

Worth noting that you can also cancel a bound-to-follow agreement without banishing them!
Pages: [1] 2