Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunger Games Suggestion Game Interest Check  (Read 1393 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunger Games Suggestion Game Interest Check
« on: March 06, 2015, 02:30:51 am »

Congratulations Tributes!

You have been selected for this years Hunger Games!
You will enter an arena, with 23 other Tributes. You will fight, bleed and die, but in the end one of you will emerge victorious!
Will you be the one to win this year? Will you claim glory for your district?

Will you become the Victor?

Ok, so I wanted to start a Forum Game, and I thought it would be neat if I based it off of the Hunger Games arena setting.

For those unfamiliar with the Hunger Games, basically a bunch of kids, aged 12 to 18, get thrown into an arean to slaughter each other.

In the game, you would be one of these kids. The game would start out with you in the training area, and will progress logically to the arena. If you die, you start over with a new kid, in a new arena. If you win, you start with a new kid also, but your first one will become a mentor, which will in turn benefit/hinder your future combatants.

So, I think everyone understands the gist of it. Would ya'll be interested in playing, or would this be a flop?

This game has been launched. See here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:23:02 pm by Peradon »
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Hunger Games Suggestion Game Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 08:46:43 am »

I'm in
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:21:31 am »

So, I think everyone understands the gist of it. Would ya'll be interested in playing, or would this be a flop?

Could for sure work. All you'd need is a map (google spreadsheet ftw) and a system. Maybe D20?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:24:57 am »

I would be interested
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:45:34 pm »

Could for sure work. All you'd need is a map (google spreadsheet ftw) and a system. Maybe D20?
Yeah, I'm working on a map already and I was planning on a D20 system. I probably should have said that in the OP.

Most of your actions will be decided based on a D20 system, with hidden modifiers based on skill you have, or weakness' or things like that. I also plan to fully keep track of the other tributes with a D20 system, in order to keep the game as reaistic as possible.

Stats that will be kept track of are Sanity, Thirst, Hunger and Wounds. Sanity will be a hidden stat that should be inferred upon from the post. Wounds are fairly straight forward, I will post them as neccessary. They will also effect how well you do certain actions. Thirst and Hunger are self explanitory.

I only needed a couple of people to say they were interested, so I'll get to work some time tonight with the map and Tributes. I'll also start another topic as the main post when its ready.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »

Sure, lets do this thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher