Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1 (2/15) Will start at 6 companies!  (Read 2704 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1 (2/15) Will start at 6 companies!
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:16 am »

The game will start in 1985. Real life platforms other than PC and Arcade do not exist, so we essentially ARE the entire game industry.

Posting twice in a row will be explicitly banned to prevent players from out-performing others, though you can post multiple times per day to show your company is active enough to have multiple releases/major events per month. Each REAL LIFE day is equal to one quarter year (Q1, etc) in game (for a total of just under 4 months IRL to reach 2014), so you have a day (the date will be shown on your post) to do any action before the turn is over for everyone. Fast forwarding may be considered if we know in advance that all players have no plans for an entire in-game quarter year.

---

Here's a company sheet:

Example Studios
Founded: Q2, 2013
Founder: Ekafsi Emansiht
HQ: Springfield, North Takoma, USA
Description: Enter background info on the company here.

---

The first two companies other than my own to register get $50,500,000 in starting cash but MUST launch a console (which costs $50,000,000). Everyone else starts with $500,000 and must save money if they want to launch a platform.

That's what I've got. Is anyone interested? Also, http://gdtrp.wikia.com/wiki/GDTRP_Wiki
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:27:58 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:15:34 am »

Mirrors Studios
Founded: Q1, 1985
Founder: Mark Tatar
HQ: Leicester, East Midlands, England
Description: A former mirror maker company. When demand was being filled by other cheaper companies, the CEO of the minor company saw that either they died a slow death or break into another market. They still sell mirrors, but they are barely breaking even with them so hope riding on the new-coming game scene.

The Concave, a simple 8-bit system with a simple ROM interface for what games you want to play. Controller is a joystick and one button affair and there isn't a two players option beyond die and switch. The colour palate is a little limited, but at least is not mono.

Bandit, A launch game being made for the Concave. It a simple RPG(We got HP and MP. Attack is solely based on weapons and armour.) about a bandit getting involved in a quest to save the world.

(Do I need anything else?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:13:29 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:17:20 am »

Accepted Scapheap! I'm also fine with the console thing
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1 (0/15) Will start at 6 companies!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:43:12 pm »

Bump!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »

Posting To Watch And Possibly Join In Later. PTWAPJIL.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

Here's a company sheet:

Sentinel
Founded: Q1, 1985
Founder: Alexander Kaestner
HQ: Bern, Switzerland
Description: A company that was created soon after the collapse of the North American gaming market.  It had started out selling board games and rebuilt computers, producing an occasional game for the latter market.  At the insistence of the founder, it is now trying its hand at the console gaming market.

Console and Launch Game
The Guardian System
An 8-bit console that utilizes ROM cartridges for its games.  It's software consists of 16 kilobytes of RAM dedicated to video memory, and 8 kilobytes more besides.  32 colors of a 64 color palette are allowed on-screen at one time, though limited to 16 per sprite.  Smooth parallax scrolling is enabled for all directions.  The CPU utilizes a 2 MHz core.  It utilizes 2 controller ports, though only one controller comes with the console.  Controllers consist of four directional buttons, a start and select button, and six other buttons.

Zephyr
Console: Guardian System
Topic: Get the dog back to its wilderness home.
Genre: Platformer
Price: Demo with Console
Region: Same as Console
Language: Wherever the console is distributed
Marketing: Comes with Console
Description: A launch game for the Guardian System that consists of an Alaskan Husky running across terrain and leaping between platforms from the start to the end of ten levels to find its way to its home in the wilderness, dodging a variety of hazards along the way.  Each of the levels contain at least one hidden shortcut.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:42:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »

Okie dokie.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Game Dev Tycoon - 1985 Q1 (2/15) Will start at 6 companies!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 03:53:10 pm »

Okie dokie.

Is South Korea and Japan going to be separate regions in this game or one region?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 04:28:57 pm »

Different Regions.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

Different Regions.

Western Europe count as a single one?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »

Raptorsoft
Founded: Q1, 2013
Founder: Bernd Rübenzacker
HQ: Frankfurt, Germany
Description: A company of young innovative minds interested in chess computers as well as strategy games

Launch Game

Battle of Six
A strategy game for the Guardian. You play one of six armies trying to conquer the hexagonal territory. There is five different units: Bowman, Knight, Peasant, Katapult, Pikeman.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 04:48:58 pm »

Err guys, for your launch game can you do it in the template I showed and when the game starts?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 04:53:20 pm »

Err guys, for your launch game can you do it in the template I showed and when the game starts?

Launch game I added was to fill in the 'demo' slot that can be bundled with the console.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 04:56:15 pm »

Where is this template?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 05:03:00 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to add it.

Name:
Console:
Topic:
Genre:
Price:
Region:
Language:
Marketing:

(Short Description)
Pages: [1] 2