Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Gladiators of Nevendaar – High Fantasy Gladiatorial Management Game - Week 5  (Read 14646 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Quote from: Vilka
Buy: Count Yorefingers (-50)
Buy: Sir Odius (-50)
Buy: Steve (-60)
350-160 = 190gp
Upkeep: 16

Count Yorefingers [9] [3] [2(4)
10% chance to paralyze
+10% Damage
Weakness to Water

Sir Odius [9] [11] [12]
10% Chance to Paralyze
+5% XP per battle   
Nothing

Steve: [1] [7] [5]
+20% Health
+5% Accuracy
-1 Initiative

Week 1 Starts soon.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With your new gladiators firmly in place at the gladiatorial school grounds you procured you decide to check this week’s copy of the Imperial Horseman.

Quote from: The Imperial Horseman I
   What a relief this recent bout of warm weather has been. The games have almost certainly never been this exciting. This week saw seven brand new schools enlist. This is up from last week’s three. Hopefully they each last longer than Orville Winnenbocker’s school: The Tinted Glass which lasted exactly twenty seven hours and fourteen minutes before going bankrupt due to poor spending and a deadly brawl which ravaged at least a single portion of the city. When approached Orville had the following to say:

“Piss off, I’m trying to stop his bleeding!” –Orville Winnenbocker

The coach is theorized to be willing to try again. (See more on Pg. 4)

Well that was certainly not informative in the least. Looking over your other mail you find a challenge for your new school in the mail. Unfortunately it is from the League itself. Likely trying to make sure your gladiators are ready before being sent to a humiliating defeat. Mostly prisoners who are a little past their prime. Still, it is best not to tempt fate. Yet if you feel unchallenged you could always request a stronger battle. Risk does have its rewards after all.
Spoiler: Bigus Dickus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melonious Largitudus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Platinum (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grrrrrrrrr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vilka (click to show/hide)

Hm… An interesting offer. You decide to think on the offer as you visit the Storekeeper. Upon inspection you realize that the prices are… competitive. But you assume that the larger schools must make more use of them due to the sky rocketing cost of healing as a gladiator gains experience due to the nature of higher end wounds.

Spoiler: Merchant (click to show/hide)

Deciding that maybe now isn’t the best time to make the decision on the matter you decide to return back to your school and ponder you actions for the week.

[[If you have any requested actions or such feel free to ‘Ask Around’ about certain topics.]]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

((Nerjin, you have to change the thread's OP to change its title.))
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

PTW/Waitlist.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

These puny weaklings will stand no chance against my giants! Accept the fight.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You quickly send a letter to the League informing them that you have accepted their challenge. Whether or not they can read bear claw markings is another matter entirely but you figure they'll get the gist of it. Now to find something to do with the rest of your time.

[[Don't forget to Advance Turn when you're done.]]

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hm. Well, of all the nerve. I guess I have to start somewhere though..."

Accept the Fight!

Advance Turn
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Advance Turn
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Biggus, known as just Gus to his friends due to what a mouthful he is, buys a health potion. Dead fighters are costly, but disabled fighters are a bitch to deal with. Afterwards he sends a response to the league saying that he accepts. finally, he heads back to his recently renovated academy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Platinum was nervous about her first fight, but figured she might as well give it a shot. Facing dark warriors would make for a fitting first test, at least, though a defeat would be a bit more ominous than she'd prefer.

Accept fight, Advance Turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Biggus calls his two fighters together to announce their first fight.
"Now I know you two... well, I know one of you might have wanted to start bigger. I can respect that, after all, my family is known for it's heavy loads. But, I'm not my dear old dad and I know that you can't spend your entire life taking the biggest ones you can find. I'm also not like my dad in that I actually care about the people I hire, seeing how I made sure the beds were bug free, the blankets were not diseased and torn up, the pillows I personally fluffed before you arrived, and I don't make Mordona wear the normal slave collar. Much to tacky, really glad I got a dwarven made one, those guys know how to pretty up their slave collars..."
There's a pause as Mordona and Kaldor wonder why this is relevant to fighting. Gus realizes this and clears his throat.
"Anyways, that's why within the week you're going to be beating up a group of four peasants. Kaldor, you're going to be on the front line obviously, and Mordona, do try to keep Kaldor between you and the pointy bits. If I wanted you getting screwed this would be a very different building."
With a dismissive wave of his hand Gus goes to his office to get back to the mountain of paper work. Like, seriously, is that all to do with the school or did he take his tax forms here to do in his spare time?

Unbeknownst to Biggus the two gladiators seemed rather put off by the whole concept. Especially Kaldor.

"Getting stabbed for a witch isn't quite what I had in mind for all of this."

"Afraid of getting impaled by another man? I know from experience it isn't as bad as you think so long as the blade isn't massive. Though I once saw a friend impaled so hard the entire shaft went into them in one go."

"Oh? That must have been an impressive man to wield a blade so large."

"He certainly was. Up until the demon tore them to shreds."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget that training and purchasing items occurs at this point. As an aside: It goes quicker if you also tell me the positioning of each gladiator in the fight.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Gus suddenly runs out of his office as he realizes he should ask around about trainers.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I thought that was the next phase...))

Melon positions gives Fezzik and Hobin a pep talk, mainly consisting of how he is such a good person. After that, he goes to check how much a trainer costs.

Later that day, the gladiators decide that Fezzik should go in the middle, and Hobin should be on his left, in the back...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gus suddenly runs out of his office as he realizes he should ask around about trainers.

((I thought that was the next phase...))

Melon positions gives Fezzik and Hobin a pep talk, mainly consisting of how he is such a good person. After that, he goes to check how much a trainer costs.

Later that day, the gladiators decide that Fezzik should go in the middle, and Hobin should be on his left, in the back...

You head to the local trainer and inquire as to the price for training your respective gladiators. It would appear that it is easy to train them currently as the prices are rock bottom.

Price to Train [[Fezzik/Hobin/Kaldor/Mordona]]: 1gp = 1xp

((Also, it technically is. But it saves time if we just condense that into: Accept fight + Place gladiators.))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14