Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Gladiators of Nevendaar – High Fantasy Gladiatorial Management Game - Week 5  (Read 14643 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She taught a crow to talk....

Now THATS creepy.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Pre-game
All schools have gained +350 gp!!!
The following gladiators have offered their services:
Spoiler: Gladiators – Week 1 (click to show/hide)

Week 1 will start when everyone has purchased at least 1 gladiator. Please state what Gladiators you are purchasing, their name, and anything else you want. Flavor is appreciated but not necessary. When you are done purchasing gladiators simply say: “Advance Turn” in bold.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This is looking a lot like Disciples, which I enjoyed. :) ))
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Biggus hires on the squire, who on further prodding reveals that his name is Kaldor, hailing from harsh lands to the north with the ambition to eventually become strong enough to destroy the convent of witches that apparently poisoned his towns water supply and turned his father into a newt. (He did get better though)

On his way back with his new gladiator Biggus notes something of interest to him, A cultist. After consulting Kaldor on whether or not he would get pissy over him hiring the cultist Biggus purchases her and grants her the name of Mordona. Mordona, is simply a cultist that was captured and then enslaved. She briefly mentioned something about accidentally poisoning a town's well and turning a man into a newt before her capture.

Advance Turn

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr hires 3 giant brothers named Bert, Bart, and Bort.

Advance Turn
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This is looking a lot like Disciples, which I enjoyed. :) ))

I literally spent hours trying to find a way to get screen shots from the game because I love the art that much and couldn't find it online. This game basically takes the entirity of Disciples II and changes enough of it that it's viable as a forum game.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Melon strolls through the recent batch of gladitorial recruits, when somone catches his eye. A hill giant, which was a rare((?)) sight in the arena. There were several of them, too, all freshly captured in the recent battles in the north.

"Well! I'll be! Never thought I would see the day when I could get one of them! You there! Whats your name?" He says, while pointing to the strongest looking fellow.

"Fezzik, they call me." He replies.

"Well, Fezzik, how would you like to be part of a brand new gladitorial team?"

"I'd rather be free, but you can take me." He says.

Melon promptly buys the fellow, and continues looking for new recruits. The next person that catches his eye is a marksman by the name of Hobbin Rood. He demonstrates that he can hit a target from 100 yards off. Well, after six or seven tries. Melon hires the fellow anyway, and looks through the remaining recruits. Nothing else strikes his fancy, so, Melon leaves with his first two Gladiators, Fezzik and Hobbin...

Advance Turn

((I couldnt help but reference Robbin Hood and the Princess Bride... I just couldnt...))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: kj1225
Hire: Kaldor the Squire [-50]
Hire: Mordona the Cultist [-60]

Advance Turn

350 - 110 = 240gp left
-11gp Upkeep

Kaldor: [6] [1] [7]
+10% Regeneration weekly [total of 15%]
+20% Health
-5% Accuracy

Mordona: [4] [11]
+5 Armor
+5% XP per battle
-2% regeneration weekly [total of 3%]

Quote from: NAV
Hire: Bert the Hill Giant [-100]
Hire: Bart the Hill Giant [-100]
Hire: Bort the Hill Giant [-100]

Advance Turn

350 – 300 = 50gp left
-30gp upkeep

Bert: [6] [11] [10]
+10% Regeneration Weekly [15% Total]
+5% XP per battle
-5 Armor

Bart: [4] [12] [4]
+5 Armor
Nothing…
20% chance to not follow the battle plan

Bort: [1] [12] [11]
+20% health
Nothing…
Cannot use potions.

Quote from: Peradon
Hire: Fezzik the Hill Giant [-100]
Hire: Hobin Rood the Marksman [-240]

350 – 340 = 10gp left
33gp upkeep

Fezzik: [2 (1)] [10]
Gains Earth Ward
-5% Upkeep
-2% Regeneration weekly [3% total]

Hobin Rood: [12] [8] [7]
Nothing…
20% to poison target (-10 damage a turn)
-5% accuracy.

[[You will see your roster updated when everyone's picked their people.]]

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I thought we had 500 gold to start with...))
Every school starts with 500 gold.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm... That didn't get changed apparently. Sorry, you only get 350. But you should be fine as Week 1 is upkeep free.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I better with my first battle..))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Platinum's first acquisition was Dudley the Squire, sweet Emilia's younger brother. The poor lad was the seventh child of the family, and thus not much in line for anything, but still desperate to do something noble. Being crammed into a noblewoman's pet gladiator stable was a godsend for him and his family, and certainly helped cement her status in Emilia's eyes.

Scar the Squire was her next gladiator. She hadn't intended to hire him, but he was very insistent, very intense, and dangerously good-looking enough that her friends wouldn't stop giggling about him. Apparently his father was a demon hunter of some sort, a mantle he intended to pick up. With a scar over one eye, stubble on his good-looking chin, and a hardened expression in his dark eyes, he seemed to have personal business to attend to as well.

Finally, she picked up Scale the Squire. She hadn't intended to hire her either, but the poor girl had refused to let go of her leg. Apparently a fishmonger by former trade, her father provided seafood by day and negotiable affection by night; her mother was supposedly a beautiful paladin who had stopped by for some stress relief, then come back around several months later to drop off a baby she was far too busy and oft-targeted to care for. Not surprisingly, the little girl had grown up to love the idea of following in her mother's footsteps almost as much as she hated the idea of following in her father's, and had finally managed to scrape her way into the arena on saved-up earnings and pleaded handouts from her father, who wasn't keen on his daughter having to do what he did either. Platinum eventually found herself unable to say no, so she said yes.

Deciding that she had plenty of people already, Platinum decided to call it quits for now.

Advance Turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Irony Owl
Hire: Dudley the Squire (-50)
Hire: Scar the Squire (-50)
Hire: Scale the Squire (-50)

Advance Turn
350 – 150 = 200gp
14gp Upkeep

Dudley: [7] [8] [1]
+5% Accuracy
20% Chance to Poison (-10)
-10% health

Scar: [3] [8] [1]
+10% Damage
+20% chance to Poison (-10)
-10% Health

Scale: [10] [5] [5]
-5% Upkeep
+2 Initiative
-1 Initiative

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a bump...

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile

Vilka examines the gladiators with a trained eye. Her crow flutters his feathers on her shoulder.  "Blow the man down. Blow the man down." She pays him no mind.

She lingers on a pair of squires. "You two." She says. "What are your names?"

"Count Yorefingers of Butcher." Says one.

"Sir Odius of Privy." Says the other.

Vilka looks at the in disbelief, very nearly sure they're pulling her leg. "You any good with a sword?" She asks. When they nod, she motions for them to follow her. "You're hired."

"Bilge-sucking scurvy dogs!" The crow screeches. Vilka sighs and pinches the crow's beak between her fingers. The crow immediately jerks its beak from her grasp and lights on the top of her head, peeking at her hands warily. "Pretty bird. Bucko is a pretty bird." Bucko murmurs.

"That's better." Vilka says as she's walking out the door with her new trainees. At the last possible second, she spots an apprentice who seems to have a bit of talent. She calls him over. He eyes the bird warily as it flutters back to Vilka's shoulder. "Your name?"

"Steve, ma'am."

Vilka raises an eyebrow at the surprisingly normal name. "Welcome aboard." She says.

"Welcome aboard! Welcome aboard!" The crow screeches.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14