Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Gladiators of Nevendaar – High Fantasy Gladiatorial Management Game - Week 5  (Read 14647 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Melon places a bet of 25 gold on Grrrrrr.

Advance Turn.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

100 on Nightshade.

Advance Turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile

20 gold on Grrrrrr

Advance Turn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

I'm not particularly confident in anyone's success but my own, so Advance Turn.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

”Hello everyone and welcome to the Minor Leagues! Must be too poor to go to a decent fight.”

”I don’t know about that Tom. I find these sort of cathartic.”

”You just enjoy watching the ones who can’t understand how to hold a sword hurt themselves.”

”Now that’s not true- HAHAHAHA! Did you see that Tom!? That one over there just cut off a toe!”

”Yes, John, I did. Anyways, it looks like the first match is about to start. We have the Dickus School of Battle facing off against a few farmers that the League drummed up.”

”Yes let’s get under… Well there went the first peasant up like a torch. Looks like they won’t even wait for our commentary.”

”And quite the show of swordsmanship from that young squire there. Killed two of them and only took a pitchfork to the chest for his trouble. Well I suppose that’s one way to show you're ready for the games.”
Spoiler: Biggus Dickus (click to show/hide)

”This next match seems as though it will prove a bit more promising.”

”Yes, Tom, with a Giant on the field I expect several bodies to go flying.”

”Too true, John, too true. Plus a Marksman. You don’t see that everyday.”

”You’re right. I’m too busy watching the Peasants try to use swor- HA! He cut off another one!”

”Riiiiight…. Anyways the match is under way and Hobin Rood plants an arrow straight into one of the possessed. But the demon vessels seem more interested in the giant. Punching and kicking his legs. Ooh…”

”That possessed went flying like the cost of championship tickets!”

”Well a little tree to the face like that won’t keep him down.”

”Look again, Tom, he’s staying down. Must have been a bit more painful than it looked like.”

”Maybe. Back in the brawl it looks like Hobin’s having a hard time hitting. Oh, nevermind. One of the possessed just went down.”

”And the last one just got picked up by Fezzik. What’ll he do? I’m hoping for a squeeze.”

”OH! A vicious uppercut by the Possessed… AND ANOTHER BY FEZZIK!!!”

”Wow that looked painful. Do you think he’s dead?”

”I can only hope so John. I can only hope so.”

Spoiler: Melonius (click to show/hide)

”Oh no!”

”What is it John?”

”These aren’t peasants holding swords Tom!”

”Yes, they appear to be Squires… What’s the issue.”

”They’re not going to accidently chop off their own limbs…”

”No, only the limbs of those Fighters. Quite the beauty on The Emerald Fawn’s side.”

”And good with a sword. She hit the Fighter and then dodged two different spear thrusts while her allies are circling around to give each another cut!”

”Beautiful and deadly? She’ll be loved in the arena. Oh… Too bad she couldn’t dodge that spell though. Granted neither could her friends. Ooh, looks like that gave the Fighter the opportunity he needed to hit her back… and there’s another spear to the leg. But her allies are still hitting the Fighters so- AND HOW DID SHE DO THAT!?”

”I’m sorry Tom, what happened? I was bored from the lack of self-mutilation.”

”You idiot, she just leapt over a spell and rolled past the first fighter to stab the second. But it looks like she hit him during the roll because he fell right after.”

”I think someone’s just using poison.”

”Of course they are! But it sounds better this way…”

”Well that Initiate sure is trying. Even without his meat shields he won’t give up.”

”Hm… I don’t think he like the way that Dudley is holding that sword.”

”Well he might not like it but it doesn’t look like he has a choice.”

”Yes I think Dudley was sick of those spells and I think the initiate got the point! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

”…”
Spoiler: Platinum (click to show/hide)
”Ahahahahahahaha-ha ha! Heh heh heh… Uh what?”

”That wasn’t funny Tom. Seriously, get some new material”

”Speaking of: It’s time for the next match. Three giants versus four fighters.”

”I see two ghosts on the field Tom.”

”Correction John. Two fighters and two cowards who couldn’t tough it out.”

”Well two of the giants just picked up one of the fighters. I wonder what they’re going to do.”

”Use him like a tennis ball apparently.”

”The other one seems afraid to join in the fun… Oh wait, no… He’s afraid of the ghosts.”

”Well it’s all in good fun.”

”The only member of that team still alive disagrees. He simply REFUSES to be a good ball.”

”I guess that’s just not how he rolls John.”

”…”

”…”

”… Anyways two giants are now running around in fear while the remaining one tries, in vain, to hit the remaining figh- oh there he goes. Right out of the park too. Good thing Fighters tend to believe in reincarnation.”

”Yes, maybe next time he’ll come back as someone who can actually fight.”

”As we all know Ghosts can’t really do much in the way of hurting things so now it’s just a matter of waiting until one of the three flailing giants hit them… There’s one… and there’s the other.”

Spoiler: Grrrrrrrrr (click to show/hide)

”Look! Look John! An apprentice! I remember when I was an apprentice. I thought I knew everything… Ah, so much has changed since then.”

”Not really, you still think you know everything.”

”I know how to turn you into a newt.”

”Oh please. You’ve done it before. I got better.”

”… Due to unforeseen circumstances I will be commentating the rest of the match alone. Now we have two members of nobility within this team. A knight, in name only, and a count! Let’s see how they do.”

”Well the Knight, in name only, seems far more skilled at dealing out hits. But Count Yorefingers certainly knows how to take a pitchfork to the side of the head. Really now, who swings a pitchfor- Oh! Right in the crotch… Seems like the Count could do with wearing a cup. Another miss by the Count and-“

”Really Steve? That’s your best spell? The dying peasant dodged it! You loser! Good thing the knight, in name only, was there to kill him for you. Attention Count, that peasant appears to want to send a package of pain to your package. Ouch… It looks like he paid for express delivery. I would like to remind the peasant that kicks are fine but pitchforks to the groin are more preferred by the spect- Nevermind you caught a sword to the chest. Terribly sorry.”

”Damn it Tom, I thought we agreed not to do that!”

”Oh you didn’t miss anything except a few dozen groin shots.”

”What?”

”And another sword to a peasant’s chest courtesy of Count Yorefingers! Nightshade Academy wins!”

”I love shots to the groin… I hate missing one.”

”Well let me show it to y- AGH!”

”Don’t even try it little man.”

Spoiler: Vilka (click to show/hide)

”Oh look! Dwarves.”

”Oh I love dwarves. They’re so blood thirsty. They’ve adapted battle field tactics to the arena for great success in all battles. They might be slow, but they’re hardy and powerful.”

”I don’t know John, in my experience they’ve always come up a little short.”

”Well we’ll see if they come up short against a few peasants. It’s really not a fair match.”

”Short. Because they’re short.”

”Two hammers to the face and one peasant goes down. Strange how-“

”Shoooooooort.”

”- dwarves rarely break formation even when there are this few of them.”

”Like a dwarf. Get it John?”

”I am ignoring you now. Hm… The peasants actually managed a pretty decent simulation of the Dwarvern Shield Wall but, unfortunately, they don’t have shields. AND IT’S OVER!!!”

”Well that match was short. Eh? Eh?”

”I hate you sometimes.”

Spoiler: Hrogolf (click to show/hide)

”Well that’s all for another minor league match. In fact, that’s it for the games today! We’ll see everyone here next week.”

”Yes. This week’s games brought to you by the following sponsors: Excito-blades. When you need to slay the hair on your face, rely on the blades that are forged from a mace.”

”Also brought to you buy: Big Al’s Ale House. The most delicious brew. So tasty, even an elf can’t resist.”

”Contributions to your local militia men from viewers like you. Thank you.”

GOLD TALLY [including Upkeep]
+69 for Biggus Dickus {+90-11 = 148 gp}
+90 for Melonius {+10-33 = 67 gp}
+166 for Platinum. {+200-14 = 252gp}
+70 for Grrrrr {+50-30 = 90gp}
+59 for Vilka {+190-16 = 233gp}

Gladiators have recouped some health due to medical attention!
Week 1 has ended
The following Gladiators offer you their service:

Spoiler: Week 2 Gladiators (click to show/hide)

You can also heal your gladiators for the standard rate at the brand new “Healers”! [[Check OP for details.]]

Biggus Dickus has been refunded 150gp for faulty merchandise

[[As always, type Advance Turn to go to the Preparation phase of Week 2.]]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heal Fezzik completely for 26 gold.
Advance Turn
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Heal Bort for 10 GP. He did good.

Advance Ze Turn.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:18:50 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

3 gold to heal Kaldor up.

Gus walks through the markets as per usual with his pair of gladiators. He looks boredly over the gladiator hopefuls before settling on a dwarven conscript. Gus rubs his chin as he thinks before approaching to buy the dwarf's, who he later would find is named Gimly, services.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Biggus Dickus
Hire: Gimli the Conscript [-50]

Advance Turn

[4] [11] [7]
+5 Armor
+5% XP per battle
-5% Accuracy

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Sorry about the delay.))

Heal Dudley, Scar for 30 HP each; heal Scale for 40 HP (-20gp)

Advance Turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fully heal Yorefingers and Odius.
Advance Turn.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators of Nevendaar – Gladiatorial Management Game [1/4]
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

[[Ignore this post]]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:08:58 pm by Nerjin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Biggus Dickus
Heal:
   Kaldor: +15hp [-3 gp]

Quote from: Melonius
Heal:
   Fezzik: +129hp [-24gp]

Quote from: Platinum
Heal:
   Dudley: +30hp [-6gp]
   Scar: +30hp [-6hp]
   Scale: +40hp [-8hp]

Quote from: Grrrrrrrrr
Heal:
   Bort: +55hp [-10gp]

Quote from: Vilka
Heal:
   Count Yorefingers: +30hp [-6gp]
   Sir Odius: +15hp [-3gp]

Week 2 Begins

Now that your school has had its first taste of combat you receive a pleasant surprise in the mail. An official emblem of the League as well as a small note thanking you for proving your worth.

Quote from: The Imperial Horseman II
   With the recent joining of seven new schools there has been some talk of increasing the size of the stadium. While this is somewhat justifiable the leader of the Gladiatorial Coalition has declined to comment one way or the other on the subject. We spoke with the leader of the Longland Rats today for a comment.

“What are you doing in my house!?” –Coach Rayford Upland

Clearly he feels that the league should decline expanding as it would require the destruction of several high income houses. Coach Rayford is, obviously, against the masses getting the entertainment they deserve.

Well… that was certainly a thing you suppose. Still you decided to check the rest of the mail hoping for a challenge. Thankfully one came to you.

Spoiler: Bigus Dickus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melonius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Platinum (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grrrrrr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vilka (click to show/hide)

Well… looks like competition is increasing in difficulty. Still, with great challenge comes great rewards. Still, you decide to put off accepting the marketplace for items.

Spoiler: Merchant (click to show/hide)

Hm… Strange… Still, you suppose that’s the way the market is sometime.

Deciding that maybe now isn’t the best time to make the decision on the matter you decide to return back to your school and ponder you actions for the week.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Accept fight.
Same placement as last time.
Advance Turn.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached