Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233097 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #2085 on: January 25, 2016, 06:28:29 pm »

<<By the way, we have no way of cutting a diamond, only chipping them, and even then that's a very primitive way of doing anything. So, you're not going to be doing anything with them soon, besides selling them. Also, I doubt we have many physics books. Architecture? Probably. Physics? I doubt it. Also, if Porkins plays with explosives, you can give up all hope of stuff not falling apart. We've seen how that goes last time.>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:34 pm »

There's a guard on the diamonds.  And they're organized to the point that disappearances would be noted.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 25, 2016, 06:32:33 pm »

:)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 25, 2016, 06:35:15 pm »

And there's some really noisy walls and roof.  Porkins, even if you stole something, it would be noticed and you would be tracked down.

And also, no metagaming.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »

And there's some really noisy walls and roof. 

[...What? On the one hand, I feel I missed something, on the other, the walls and ceiling are solid stone, pretty quiet if you ask me.]

And also, no metagaming.

This goes for everybody. Please do not do.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 25, 2016, 09:04:43 pm »

((More like, I built a thing that makes noise if you hit it.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:46 pm »

[When? I mean, there's been no mention of anything to do with it, it's some distance away from the cavern access, and you don't have enough people to guard anything nonessential for long. Besides, there's enough diamond to go around, if Porky wants a personal nest egg of a couple egg-sized lumps of money, he can go ahead.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 25, 2016, 09:10:50 pm »

((Eh.  I'd call that essential.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 25, 2016, 09:14:49 pm »

[Why? Most of the chunks are too large for anything short of a crane to effectively move, and there's so much of it most thieves would just get bored. If you want to devote resources to it, you can, but it seems fairly pointless, and you didn't do anything about it beforehand.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 25, 2016, 09:16:24 pm »

((Yeah, because I thought that keeping the massive amount of dorfbucks in fortress hands was important enough to be assumed.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 25, 2016, 09:20:43 pm »

[I doubt any of the locals are especially concerned about money, what with all their friends being dead, and you already having so much of it. A reasonable amount of smaller bits have been moved to stockpiles and the like.]

{I'm not really taking sides here, but it strikes me as not being important enough to guard with this few people to do it, and it feels like you're retroactively doing it to spite Porky. He's somewhat annoying and doesn't contribute much, but I'd rather you not retaliate in kind.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 25, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »

((Quite possibly.))
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 25, 2016, 09:33:57 pm »

((I will end up contributing. i like to be somewhat deviant at first to see what the limits of the thread is. Ill be serious now. Also, Dwarves leave valuables laying around in stockpiles. Never seen any guards))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 25, 2016, 09:34:47 pm »

((This isn't Dwarf Fortress.  This is just eerily similar.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 25, 2016, 09:38:25 pm »

((This isn't Dwarf Fortress.  This is just eerily similar.))

[Basically. It's a world of the sort the game generates, but with access to the wider multiverse, and much more realistic/complete.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 262