Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 233019 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1680 on: January 01, 2016, 08:27:31 pm »

"Great! You said he's a gunsmith, so he might understand what I'm doing! Actually, pretty much anyone from Home with some amount of mechanics knowledge could probably figure out what I'm doing...hey, I heard you guys are good with magic, and something about runes and stuff. Any chance I could talk to whoever is leading that?"
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 01, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »

"You are.  If only by default."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 01, 2016, 08:33:41 pm »

"Oh. Didn't know you where the leader of that...any way. Do you know if there's a rune that could...'pulse', sending out sort of a burst of air? I something that does that for aproject of mine, and since you guys appear to have either angered or used some large amount of magic recently, I figured might know about that."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 01, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »

"I could, but there isn't enough magic, really...
You want a compressed air gun?  Because I bet we could try to do that.  We have steam power, at least."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 01, 2016, 08:55:03 pm »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 01, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

"I could, but there isn't enough magic, really...
You want a compressed air gun?  Because I bet we could try to do that.  We have steam power, at least."

*Porkins ears perk up at the words "Steam Power"*

"Me and Gwolfy can do that fer ya!"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 01, 2016, 09:10:11 pm »

"Aaaahem.  No.  We don't want randomly explosive things."
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 01, 2016, 09:13:49 pm »

"Yeah, I was thinking an air rifle. More specifically, a compressed air pistol. My reasoning was it's silent, can be deadly, and ammo's fairly cheap to make, just need some tiny metal pellets. The ones back on Earth fired everything from copper to steel, depending on how much you wanted to pay. And yeah. I agree with Net. No explosions in my hand, please. I don't think this world is equiped with bionic limbs, so I'm pretty sure I would be disabled until we work that out. Also, what's your name?"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 01, 2016, 09:26:49 pm »

{The main issue with compressed-air guns in a medieval setting is the low pressures you'd be limited to. In general, I'd rather use a chemical firearm.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 01, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »

"...There arises the question of why you would need a silenter firearm, we have chemical firearms just fine."
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 01, 2016, 09:39:30 pm »

"Well. There are many reasons, such as arming a few people to stay in the fort, so that if attackers get in, we can take them out one by one, without any noise and very little mess. There's the problem of what lurks in the Caverns, which I have heard hold horrible creatures, which have killed many; if we can go down, and kill silently, we will draw less attention, and if we can figure out an easy way to see in the dark, we can explore and defend our selves without alarming many. And generally, anything which might involve stealth would benefit from a silent, ranged weapon."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 01, 2016, 09:42:00 pm »

The NPC Homelander mechanic, notably injured from the battle, reappears.

"You're trying to design a new gun? We really just need something that shoots straight and doesn't explode, and the main issue is with the local metallurgy. Even their steel is quite poor. ...Eh, well, here's what we've got so far."

The gunsmith produces a blood-speckled notebook, then points you to a group of pages near the end. They hold blueprints for a couple of handguns, some long-arms of one description or another, and vagaries into artillery.

"If you want to examine what's left of the production models, we've got more guns than people, so have at thee."

"As for stealth, just use a crossbow. They're quieter than airguns. The caverns are quite secure, don't worry. Heh."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 01, 2016, 09:43:50 pm »

"Yeah.  We managed to somehow tame a forgotten beast.  Steel flying snake with firebreath, we call it the Skalewyrm so far.

Whoa, what happened to you?

And where have you even been?"
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 01, 2016, 09:48:22 pm »

"Working on shit, yo. You saw what my locals did with the howitzers, right? Got some burns and splinters and such, no worries."

He gestures to one of the fat, clockpunky artillery guns, removed from its housing on the surface for repairs.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 01, 2016, 09:49:34 pm »

"All the same, don't just up and not talk to anybody but the workshop.  More of us working together will inevitably produce better stuff."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 262