Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232979 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1560 on: December 25, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »

>develope steam trebuchet. The swing is increased with steam pistons and automatically resets.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 25, 2015, 09:23:16 pm »

[Welcome to your next month of work.]

[Updop within a few hours I hope maybe.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1562 on: December 25, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »

Also, get porkninja an inventor's hut with booze . And stay away from it. For safety
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 25, 2015, 09:33:51 pm »

The idea of isolated workshops for dangerous experiments is a good idea, do that.

Then, try and fix the Canteen.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 25, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »

The idea of isolated workshops for dangerous experiments is a good idea, do that.

Then, try and fix the Canteen.

*Worrying clanging noises emerge from Pork's hut for the better part of a week.*
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 25, 2015, 10:44:04 pm »

Well they don't, because a certain magus, not trusting any dimensional travelers to be rational, interrupts.
"What are you building?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 25, 2015, 11:36:58 pm »

[I like when, because I don't update for a while, you guys keep digging yourself further into actions that are going to end up pointless. :V]

Murdoc quickly assesses the needed work to recover from the siege, deciding that the main needed tasks, other than rebuilding the armory, are to move the wounded and what remains of the gear inside now that the smoke's clear, to deal with the caravan one way or another, to somehow deal with the dead, foe and kin, and to repair the damaged defenses. 

Supplies will, with how few live, last quite a while, and ammunition for the remaining guns is effectively unlimited.  If another attack comes, some way of getting the Skalewyrm to the surface may be the only hope of survival.

The two would-be inventors in the caverns settle in for a long period of work, with all practical experiments being carried out in a secondary hut some distance from everything important.

Patham attempts to actively scan the canteen for defects, only to find that he cannot perform spells. A simpler examination of the situation reveals that the local field is quite drained, almost nonexistent. It's likely that the canteen just ran out of energy.

A similarly passive scan of the Foreman's odd rock reveals that the object is radiating a very small amount of arcane energy. Not, it would appear, enough to be worth setting up a collector for the output.

Visual examination in the light of day reveals that the deeper grooves in the rough side are a complex symbol of some sort, and that the scratches around the edge are likely something similar, though too small and complex to be easily parsed.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 25, 2015, 11:39:27 pm »

Well.  Once we're settled, look into rigging up some sort of manalogical transformer...Until we've recovered however, fix things.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 25, 2015, 11:48:39 pm »

[I realize it would have been easier just to tell you "The field's drained, so it ran out of power", but the goal was to give you that information IC, which can only happen if your character does something to learn it. Even if I tell you something [As GM.], your character doesn't know it. If you want actionable information, do something to find out.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 25, 2015, 11:51:37 pm »

((Wellllll.  I don't want to quote PMs, but there was a discussion at some point.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 26, 2015, 12:04:31 am »

[Yeah, yeah, the whole metaknowledge thing. As I've said before, I'd kinda rather have not done that, but instead I've made it more like a sort of perception check. Say Net Patham can sense the Narrative, if it's being particularly unsubtle.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 26, 2015, 12:20:09 am »

((Makes sense, and it's more balanced.  Go for it.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 26, 2015, 04:24:13 am »

{I'm glad you agree. :V}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 26, 2015, 06:08:18 am »

((I was kind if sour on it to begin with so yeah.  I can't complain.))
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1574 on: December 26, 2015, 06:16:48 am »

>While no one's around, check if mysterious talking entity is still around.

See if I can grab a magnifying lens to examine the symbols more closely. Sketch all of the ones I can find - hopefully with something that's magically inert? Attempt to avoid summoning some sort of eldritch abomination by accident since i have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 262