Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232967 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1515 on: December 19, 2015, 01:36:32 pm »

[Which is not to say it's going to work...]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1516 on: December 19, 2015, 04:35:39 pm »

:D
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1518 on: December 19, 2015, 06:13:54 pm »

:D
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 19, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

[I disapprove this emoticon spam.  >:(]

[In all seriousness though, Fish need not worry about my going easy on people tech-wise.]

[Also, Fish. You do remember you have a concussion and several broken ribs, right? You've recovered enough to move around and fight, but you won't actually be healed for a while.]

[Provided Murdoc doesn't post soon, I'll update without his action.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 19, 2015, 08:58:26 pm »

((Oh joy.))
... Well, then, medical attention it is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1521 on: December 20, 2015, 12:33:35 am »

>"We chased someone we thought was an infiltrator into the caverns. Turns out we were right. . . to a degree. Something happened down there. I'm still not entirely sure what."

"Are there any other survivors? If so, can we gather them here for the time being?"

I'll start assessing what needs to be done to repair any damage done to the structures and such, and get the necessary orders given out. If we're reasonably sure we've gotten all the survivors gathered, seal the entrance to the fort if the mechanisms to do so are intact.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 20, 2015, 03:58:43 am »

The burnt sniper from before, his hands now bandaged, offers his opinion while loading a rifle he found somewhere;

"Looks like this's it fer th' livin', might wan'ta check th'bodies again. If y'want em' safe, this's 'bout's good as't gets. Nae s'much smoke, sunshine fer th' Tall Folks, an' th'wall's still up to shield em'."

Lord Porky and Gwolf the Budding Engineer engage in hilarious drunken discussions of mechanics and armament, coming up with many glorious ideas for the improvement of the Mountainhome, sure to hold scrutiny once the haze of toxins fades.

The Stranger, still yet to introduce himself, collects sprigs of Blood Thorn and, a moment later, Black Cap for study, then turns back to the light and the long staircase, Magus Patham walking beside, despite increasingly painful injuries.

As they pass the resting Skalewyrm, the thing shifts a little, momentarily exposing part of its surface. The great deformation from the stalagmite that impaled it, once a torso-twisting crater, has healed to little more than a circular patch of roughened steel. Whatever animates the thing, it has great strength, and regardless of its current good behavior, no little habit of ruin.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:32:29 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 20, 2015, 09:32:37 am »

... Well, then, medical attention it is.  If the medics are done with it, reclaim the Canteen.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:05 pm »

[You and The Stranger are down 400 stairs from the medical staff, that'll take you a little time, hence my mentioning that you both headed for the stairs. And don't worry, you can just assume that happens once fasttime starts again. Mostly I was pointing out that, with such major injuries, acting injured in your posts is good.]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:33:03 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 20, 2015, 12:53:07 pm »

"Ow."
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 20, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »

"Ow? Ow, you bumbling technological freak? Ow you disgusting putz of tvtropes spam?!?"
"You hurt? I'd be happy to lend a hand to you, if you need it.."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 20, 2015, 04:54:35 pm »

"Well, I appear to have serious wounds, so... I wouldn't mind."
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1528 on: December 20, 2015, 10:33:40 pm »

>Grab a spare guard or two and check on the rest of the fort. Something might have slipped in during whatever chaos ensued earlier.

Also, try and get some burial crews going before I leave.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 21, 2015, 12:40:39 am »

The stranger would sarcasticly clap for the technomancer, before actually helping the poor sod as best he can.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 262