Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232676 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1170 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:41 pm »

Um, continue to try and kill the Leg Thing that is no longer attached to the leg.

((College exists, as does integral calculus.))
((Ugh.  High school calc is annoy too.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 06, 2015, 01:00:34 am »

{Calc is hard. Fortunately, my only relation to mathematics this semester is an extracurricular, so I don't have to actually work on it. Thanks for taking the time to dick around on Bay12.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 06, 2015, 02:21:40 am »

he would still be unconscious, though the mini legbomination would continue trying to attack murdoc as if it had it's own mind.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:37 am »

Murdoc rips the nasty little thing entirely free of its former host, causing him to black out from the pain. As it is repeatedly smashed against the elevator's cage-walls, the aberration emits a rising shriek in earwax-meltingly unpleasant frequencies, hair-fine tendrils writhing over the pick's steel head. They seem to be corroding it with worrying rapidity.

The Woundbinder, seeing the gate sealed, turns to salve the burns of the artillery crews rather than call to the sentries in their posts above the great iron door.

The Cowardly Physician burrows deeper into the cleaners' supplies, almost impossible to find. His single nurse, hearing the alarms, begins nosing around in an attempt to get him doing something constructive.

Gwolf the engineer works tirelessly at the advancement of metallurgy and steam machinery, so absorbed that he cannot hear the din of war over the storm in his mind.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 06, 2015, 05:21:24 am »

{Calc is hard. Fortunately, my only relation to mathematics this semester is an extracurricular, so I don't have to actually work on it. Thanks for taking the time to dick around on Bay12.}
((^^^.  To you too, Amp.))
>OB: Sentries?  Call to the sentries.  You have wounded.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1175 on: October 06, 2015, 03:58:11 pm »

{skalewyrm eats fungal charcoal lying on the ground, probably spilled during the initial siren by a hauler.}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 07, 2015, 02:26:35 am »

{No. It doesn't. It can't even metabolize things that aren't ferrous. It's made of living steel. Why would it eat random charcoal.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 07, 2015, 04:45:10 am »

{No. It doesn't. It can't even metabolize things that aren't ferrous. It's made of living steel. Why would it eat random charcoal.}
((^^^))
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1178 on: October 07, 2015, 01:28:43 pm »

{man, im trying to advance the plot or something and youre holding it back. :'( .Charcoal burns, skalywyrm make fire.}

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 07, 2015, 01:55:12 pm »

{man, im trying to advance the plot or something and youre holding it back. :'( .Charcoal burns, skalywyrm make fire.}
((*Skalewyrm.  The reason the Skalewyrm needs coal is for the carbon to make steel with?))
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1180 on: October 07, 2015, 01:57:26 pm »

((*Skalewyrm.  The reason the Skalewyrm needs coal is for the carbon to make steel with?))

{yes, for example. to regenerate stronger er.... things.}

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 07, 2015, 02:11:24 pm »

(((...I have no clue what your point is here.))
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1182 on: October 07, 2015, 02:16:43 pm »

{i don't know the proper name for its body parts.}

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1183 on: October 07, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »

{i not know nameses for its body partses}

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »

It does need carbon, yes. Some amount of the stuff is needed to keep it made of steel, rather than iron. It has no need for fuel to heat up, however, that area of its abilities being entirely arcane in origin.

Keep two things in mind; It has spent the last several centuries wandering the aftermath of wildfires, leaving it supplied with plenty of charcoal, and, given that the fungal charcoal apparently contains psychoactive chemicals, you should probably note that its metabolism operates on entirely alien principles, leaving most such compounds completely ineffective.

I fail to see what positive effect upon the story making the mid-tier eldritch abomination in our basement hallucinate would have.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 262