Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232648 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1110 on: September 14, 2015, 12:25:05 am »

{I'm assuming it's just a transfer energy spell. The curse is what gets applied to energy obtained by dark means by the dark means, most black magic doesn't do it. The magic's effects will be darkened by being black magic, but the curse itself is highly specific. Tug-o'-wars are entirely possible, though wasteful. If you really want a patch of highly-aggressive corruption growing out of your leg, be my guest, but it's neither necessary or easy. }
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:39 am »

(who said anything about necessary or easy?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 14, 2015, 01:23:07 am »

{...Misuse of wordage. To clarify, It's not a particularly easy mistake to make, and I'm not going to make you injure yourself further with a bullet in your leg and a pickaxe-wound in your shoulder.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:19 pm »

(Then might i point out that my character, who is still as of yet unnamed here, has been the focus of suspicion and hostility right from the getgo despite taking no part in the actual assault and battery on the fortress both from within and without. The only actions he Has taken are attemping to flee into the fortress, and more recently the caverns, [which due to the circumstances of nearby explosives being nearly set ablaze is rather justified] and defend himself with his limited magical strength. Seems borderline excessive for a rather suicidal move, doesnt it?)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:47:49 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:03 pm »

{Nah. For one, it doesn't automatically go necro when you grab it, but for another, "The Thing" was a one-shot nasty thing, not a result of controlled necromantic stuffs. You could probably replicate it with some work, but it's not a frequent normal phenomenon.}

{Fish, I have to ask again, why would you care about preventing somebody from going down the cargo elevator? Why waste so much of your engineers' time putting advanced defenses around something that you have no reason to defend, when the surface faces danger at any time? The bottom part of the shaft is heavily defended, preventing anything from getting in, and anything already in the main fort has access to far more important assets than anything below.}
((Who said anything about other people being inconvenienced?  It's just more calls to existing code on a trigger in the engine, which I built, and an alert node.  Which I also built.  And probably can mass-produce.  At least the passive lights.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 14, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »

{Fish, if you're going to have an automatic door, it's going to take a while to build, and help outside yourself. I would like everyone to keep in mind that the elevator isn't a nice, carpeted, insulated box, but rather a metal cage with much better reinforcement in the floor, and gears at the corners to hold it in place. The door is one of those sliding-thingymabobs they still have in really old elevators.}

{So far, the three examples of suspicion you've been subject to have been the military taking exception to a caravan arriving hours before a siege, and putting them under observation, the fortress' mage being paranoid, and the mining foreman being a standard-issue, xenophobic-as-hell dorf. Plus you used what looked like dark magic just now. I'm not saying this response is remotely justified, but I'd rather not dictate player-to-player interaction if I can avoid it.}

{The fortress' military won't be shooting you on sight, if it's any comfort.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 14, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »

{Fish, if you're going to have an automatic door, it's going to take a while to build, and help outside yourself. I would like everyone to keep in mind that the elevator isn't a nice, carpeted, insulated box, but rather a metal cage with much better reinforcement in the floor, and gears at the corners to hold it in place. The door is one of those sliding-thingymabobs they still have in really old elevators.}
((The door has some sort of gear-y thing on, right?  I can make a thing that would stop it from moving/make it harder to move/move it or whatever with the same engine thing, couldn't I?  Eh.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1117 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:16 am »

The elevator is powered by massive gears. Stick anything in them and it will get crushed.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 15, 2015, 05:05:13 am »

The elevator is powered by massive gears. Stick anything in them and it will get crushed.
((I run the motor, effectively, on those gears.  What I'm talking about, though, is the gears that move the door, or the wheels, or etc.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 15, 2015, 01:55:51 pm »

{As I see it, the elevator is fairly standard. It runs off of a pulley from the top of the shaft to the top of the elevator cage, with some machinery in the corners to hold it steady and limit its speed. The door is likely entirely manual, since it's one of these, though with some additional work it could be made automated. It's much higher-security at the bottom, with a big solid-plate portcullis in front of the shaft, but the top isn't believed to need defending.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1120 on: September 17, 2015, 11:12:12 am »

I attempt to knock out the necromancer.

((I also yell at the people who are filling entire fucking pages with OOC discussion when we have a thread for it, and remind a certain player that GM word is law.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 17, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »

I attempt to knock out the necromancer.

((I also yell at the people who are filling entire fucking pages with OOC discussion when we have a thread for it, and remind a certain player that GM word is law.))
((The entire game isn't at a high enough resolution for me to act without having some disagreement between my version of the game and Amp's.  Also, Amp explicitly said we can disagree with him IIRC.  Eh.  Let's move this to OOC should it continue.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 17, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »

{You may disagree with normal text me, narrator text me is law, though pointing out something you consider to be incredibly moronic is still an option.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 18, 2015, 01:47:20 am »

He would continue to try and defend himself from attacks with little other than his hands and arms, with the freshly grown mini-abomination lashing out at anything that got too close, including it's host.
"Agh, stop trying to kill me and get it off my leg you crazy dwarf!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 18, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »

*inquiry into the status of a recharging of a construct from a mana battery*
*inquiry into the controllability of stolen mana*

==The Ramparts (or whatever)==
A certain medic hears an explosion from a sniper post.
>Medic:Investigate
The medic finds several badly injured dwarves and one badly injured mage.
>Medic:You have that fancy magic canteen, right?
Yes, you have the fancy magic canteen of healing people.  It appears to be almost completely full.
>Medic:Then USE IT for crying out loud!!!!!  But clean the wounds first.
You clean the wounds.
You then apply the alcohol in the canteen to the seriously injured and hope it works.  You've seen this done before, but only by the very mage you're looking at.
You bandage them just to be sure.
>Console:Locate other person to >Be.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:21:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 262