Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232625 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1095 on: September 12, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »

{One wonders how Spark, who is further away and not as well-prepared, can stop him from activating the lift.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 12, 2015, 01:43:23 pm »

{One wonders how Spark, who is further away and not as well-prepared, can stop him from activating the lift.}
((Networking.  This is a technomancy system right?  Pretty sure it is, I built it.  Spark can jam open the stop condition on the motor logic.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:41:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 12, 2015, 06:01:56 pm »

[Discussion moved to OOC thread]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1098 on: September 12, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »

Hearing the necromancer run off, I round the corner and do my best to charge him, hoping to land a decisive strike with the pick before he can move further into the fortress.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 13, 2015, 12:11:20 am »

having been attacked upon activating the lift, he would be knocked over, and struck with the pick, probably leaving him unable to do much combatwise aside from weakly try to siphon vitality from the dwarf yet again in a panic.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 13, 2015, 08:30:12 am »

The lift does nothing.  The dragonhawk, however, takes the opportunity to stab at the necromancer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 13, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »

The Stranger is able to discern that the lift's motors have been locked by some sort of fortress-wide security alert. Blowing out the ceiling would break the cable, allowing the elevator to descend freely once the simple manual brakes were disengaged, and there is a staircase less than five meters away, the door to it, while locked, fairly easy to bypass.

A badly-aimed bolt of vitality-transferring arcanities sizzles out through the elevator door, missing the foreman, but striking the pestilential construct, which abruptly falls to the ground, power source drained. The Stranger feels a sudden rush of arcane energy.

{Edit; blowing out the ceiling doesn't just drop you, the elevator engages with the shaft walls to limit its speed.}
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:54:47 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 13, 2015, 03:39:49 pm »

((Aaaaamp...Drain Life != Drain Magic....))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 13, 2015, 05:08:42 pm »

{Drain Vitality, untargeted and poorly cast. It's up to the narrative what it does to anything technically alive or in possession of vital energy that it comes in contact with.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »

{Drain Vitality, untargeted and poorly cast. It's up to the narrative what it does to anything technically alive or in possession of vital energy that it comes in contact with.}
((The Narrative does not write the laws of magic.  If I cast Drain Vitality on a mana battery it won't drain the battery.  This is, in the end, the same scenario.  If it's poorly cast, it's more likely to fizzle than do anything anyway.  Either way, there's this thing called momentum you forgot.  Spark would keep going.  In stabby position.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:33:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 13, 2015, 06:49:33 pm »

{Without blades, bitey position, no longer flapping to maintain momentum. By poorly-cast, I meant uncontrolled. Basically, uncontrolled spells do something fairly similar to what they were previously trying to do, but not usually in the way the caster wanted. The same occurred when you tried to make the Skalewyrm go to sleep. The spell ran off your intent, to make it stop trying to kill you, and did what it did.}

The construct glides a few more meters before bouncing along the ground, ending inches before the elevator door. At least it was not left trapped with a foe, who would surely have caused irreparable damage in the two-minute elevator ride.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 13, 2015, 06:53:49 pm »

{Without blades, bitey position, no longer flapping to maintain momentum. By poorly-cast, I meant uncontrolled. Basically, uncontrolled spells do something fairly similar to what they were previously trying to do, but not usually in the way the caster wanted. The same occurred when you tried to make the Skalewyrm go to sleep. The spell ran off your intent, to make it stop trying to kill you, and did what it did.}

The construct glides a few more meters before bouncing along the ground, ending inches before the elevator door. At least it was not left trapped with a foe, who would surely have caused irreparable damage in the two-minute elevator ride.
((...How did he open the elevator door.  The door is not left open.  The buttons are turned off.  Was the elevator even...Yes it was if my pseudocode, but even so, there's nothing keeping the door open and it would have shut normally.
Oh, so he released magic without a clear spell structure.  Gotcha.
I keep saying, stabby position.  Gemstones can be sharp.  And the tail is pointy.  Corundum certainly is.))
Spark's tap to the mana battery starts recharging him, hopefully faster than the ambient thaumic field would.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 13, 2015, 09:59:21 pm »

*he would then channel the arcane energies to his leg, thinking it to be vitality he siphoned on reflex, though this would likely cause the flesh in his leg to animate on it's own and start growing "the Thing"  again.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 13, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »

{Nah. For one, it doesn't automatically go necro when you grab it, but for another, "The Thing" was a one-shot nasty thing, not a result of controlled necromantic stuffs. You could probably replicate it with some work, but it's not a frequent normal phenomenon.}

{Fish, I have to ask again, why would you care about preventing somebody from going down the cargo elevator? Why waste so much of your engineers' time putting advanced defenses around something that you have no reason to defend, when the surface faces danger at any time? The bottom part of the shaft is heavily defended, preventing anything from getting in, and anything already in the main fort has access to far more important assets than anything below.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:20 pm »

(I assumed that it was one of the side effects of some rather heavily cursed energy, combine with a large amount of flesh. that said, it's not exactly going to be a huge eldritch abomination this time, just a small, rather annoying one strapped to a person's leg. on the same note, wouldn't the siphoned energy/vitality have the curse extended to it to prevent tugs of war?)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 262