Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232616 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1050 on: August 31, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »

The construct "Spark" does not possess enough mass to make tackle attacks against an adult human male worthwhile, though grabbing hold and biting/clawing, ETC. should at least prove other than useless.

This occurred. The Stranger now has a small, crystalline construct trying to bite his bits off.
((Does not possess enough mass...Hold on, I'm going to do RESEARCH.
Ruby/Corundum: 4.02 g/cm^3 according to Wikipedia.  Note units.))
Either way, Spark goes for the face.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:29:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »

(Amperzand, i refuse to acknowledge spark or net while he refused to take a hit directly. I have done so multiple times without complaining, and murdoc has at least sort of done so. I will not tollerate it any further, either spark is down and out for the moment for physical damage/magical pain from having a lump of soul forced into it, or it does not exist. I dont care if you are narrating it in at this point, unless he takes a hit he is powergaming, and i refuse to accept any action directly or indirectly taken on his part.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 31, 2015, 08:07:54 pm »

(Amperzand, i refuse to acknowledge spark or net while he refused to take a hit directly. I have done so multiple times without complaining, and murdoc has at least sort of done so. I will not tollerate it any further, either spark is down and out for the moment for physical damage/magical pain from having a lump of soul forced into it, or it does not exist. I dont care if you are narrating it in at this point, unless he takes a hit he is powergaming, and i refuse to accept any action directly or indirectly taken on his part.)
((Oh come on.  If it made sense for me to take a hit, I'd take the hit.  However, wildly swung MELEE weapons at a decently small, fast and above all flying target, don't connect that often, and any decent program has anti-hacking defenses.  You're attacking at strong points and expecting me to randomly take damage right now.  If, for instance, you had swung at Spark in this tunnel, he might not have been HIT without an additional combat turn, but he would have backed off.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 31, 2015, 08:09:15 pm »

{While I'd personally prefer you both to chill the hell out and stop arguing, I'll be damaging Fish next update, once I restart the computer to use fonts. That done, you may now actually respond to his stuff. That does not preclude you smacking the small, fragile construct that has crippled its damage-avoidance by engaging melee combat into next week with a pocketknife.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 31, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »

{While I'd personally prefer you both to chill the hell out and stop arguing, I'll be damaging Fish next update, once I restart the computer to use fonts. That done, you may now actually respond to his stuff. That does not preclude you smacking the small, fragile construct that has crippled its damage-avoidance by engaging melee combat into next week with a pocketknife.}
((Aaaand that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.))
((What do you mean, damaging me, he's complaining that you have to narrate me taking damage for me to take damage.  That doesn't actually solve the problem.))
((I don't know if that smack would break anything, but it certainly would keep Spark from following for a bit.  And I don't think knives cut ruby.  I mean, unless it's diamond-edged.))
((Although now I feel kind of stupid, but mostly Spark is going to try and distract you for Murdoc to swing again.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:02:14 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:49 pm »

{It doesn't, that's what he's saying. Pretty much everybody else has allowed damage to occur within their own posts, you have, to my memory, not done so. To be precise, by "Damage you" I mean make the experimental and excessively-powerful sniper cannon you've been firing for that past few minutes explode in your face because it was going to do so at some point anyway, and this might help the diplomatic situation a little.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 31, 2015, 09:42:52 pm »

{It doesn't, that's what he's saying. Pretty much everybody else has allowed damage to occur within their own posts, you have, to my memory, not done so. To be precise, by "Damage you" I mean make the experimental and excessively-powerful sniper cannon you've been firing for that past few minutes explode in your face because it was going to do so at some point anyway, and this might help the diplomatic situation a little.}
((Yup, that would probably bloody hurt.  If not outright KO.  How bad an explode, though?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 31, 2015, 10:00:20 pm »

{Pretty nasty, but I'm not killing you over this.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 31, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »

{Pretty nasty, but I'm not killing you over this.}
((Yeah, I'm assuming KO and burns to the face at the very least.))
((Also, ALLOW ME TO INJURE MYSELF.  Thanks.))
((Just to hopefully defuse this issue.  With an explosion.  Ha.  Ha.  Ha.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:13:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 01, 2015, 12:42:56 am »

{KO, burns, injuries from bits of the cannon, and knockback.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1060 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:52 am »

I run off after the stranger, slowed down a bit by my own injury. If I actually manage to catch up, I take another swing at him, aiming for a leg.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 02, 2015, 01:45:19 am »

The narrator pauses to consider its lack of input.

Perhaps it should reveal the events of the last five minutes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 02, 2015, 04:35:11 am »

The narrator pauses to consider its lack of input.

Perhaps it should reveal the events of the last five minutes.

The player, despite knowing what's going to happen to one of their characters, suggests the narrator do so.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 02, 2015, 10:52:48 pm »

{I've got a head cold, of my my own personal, extra-fun, chronic-sinus-infection-enhanced variant, which provides me a useful alibi for not doing anything in the past two days. I'll be updopping within a few hours, provided I do not worsen.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:30 am »

{Which I have.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 262