Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232606 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1035 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:20 pm »

{Indeed.}

{Now, the thing is, berserkers with melee weapons are not well armed to deal with fast dive-bombing attacks by something small and bright. The corridors inside will now remove that advantage.}

{Antimagic so far does not exist. The construct can thoroughly stop you from hacking into it, computer style, without hardware access or considerable amount of time, but that does not prevent simply overpowering it psychically, though I would dearly like to avoid devolving into psilly psychic pstupidity.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 30, 2015, 09:42:00 pm »

(concidering it is more like a power surge than a hack attempt, I would say you have a very close interpretation of what I am trying to do amp. the only difference is there is very little messing with minds aside from ripping the living soul out of a person.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 30, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »

{Indeed.}

{Now, the thing is, berserkers with melee weapons are not well armed to deal with fast dive-bombing attacks by something small and bright. The corridors inside will now remove that advantage.}

{Antimagic so far does not exist. The construct can thoroughly stop you from hacking into it, computer style, without hardware access or considerable amount of time, but that does not prevent simply overpowering it psychically, though I would dearly like to avoid devolving into psilly psychic pstupidity.}
((I'm not averse to the spell sticking and having to deal with it later once it's through the defenses.  I mean, the stuff is like half sapient, it makes sense enough, and if there's power enough jammed in the spell it might get lucky enough to worm through a layer of security or whatever.  Also *looks at Skalewyrm* I do kind of want to do something with this idea.  And I think I might've even already said point B, to the effect that weighted netting would probably be much more effective.  (Unlike swinging weapons around and hoping to get lucky with physics.)  Or maybe not, I'm not sure.  Psychic pstupidity psurpripseps would be...Random but I could deal.  If, of course the pick doesn't brain Hache in the brain first.))
((What I am adamantly against, however, is boom instant hackage without having ever seen technomancy before.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:54:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 30, 2015, 10:25:22 pm »

{You could also, completely irrespective of ability to control it, use a power surge or, for that matter, simple physical attack to disable it until external repairs could be made. For that matter, doing the right sort of damage would permanently destroy it, and the nature of its construction prevents a replacement being made. Artifacts can do things their makers shouldn't be able to, but cannot be consciously repeated, at least not without considerable advancements in technology beyond what we have.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 30, 2015, 10:27:39 pm »

{You could also, completely irrespective of ability to control it, use a power surge or, for that matter, simple physical attack to disable it until external repairs could be made. For that matter, doing the right sort of damage would permanently destroy it, and the nature of its construction prevents a replacement being made. Artifacts can do things their makers shouldn't be able to, but cannot be consciously repeated, at least not without considerable advancements in technology beyond what we have.}
((Somewhat foiled by me taking notes but whatever.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 30, 2015, 10:38:28 pm »

{I'm assuming that's not how genuine artifact moods work, which is the only reason you have this thing in the first place.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1041 on: August 31, 2015, 01:19:53 am »

The necromancer was able to divert the attack, but unfortunately underestimated the skill and force behind a legendary miner's strike. Simply catching the pick wouldn't be enough to seriously hurt someone who spends numerous hours hewing through solid rock, though being unaccustomed to intelligent opponents beyond troglodytes would mean the attack would still miss.

I take the kick, albeit painfully and likely injuring something, and follow it with a kick of my own.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 31, 2015, 02:31:06 am »

*As he would already have started fleeing again after having kicked the dwarf, it would mean having to chase him down and attack him before he escaped down it, though why he would want to head into a cavern full of monsters (skalewyrm included) seems rather strange, since all the corpses would have long been buried or dealt with accordingly, and he is unarmed.
none the less, the stranger would be kicked, and being unstable as he is due to his injured leg, sent rolling as a result, clutching his side.*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:58 am »

*As he would already have started fleeing again after having kicked the dwarf, it would mean having to chase him down and attack him before he escaped down it, though why he would want to head into a cavern full of monsters (skalewyrm included) seems rather strange, since all the corpses would have long been buried or dealt with accordingly, and he is unarmed.
none the less, the stranger would be kicked, and being unstable as he is due to his injured leg, sent rolling as a result, clutching his side.*
Aaaat which point Spark will once again catch up and fry you.
Dude.  You need to stop ignoring me, thank you very much.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 31, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »

{Dude, Spark gets a charge every few hours, up to a maximum of one. It has been about ten minutes.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 31, 2015, 01:24:37 pm »

{Dude, Spark gets a charge every few hours, up to a maximum of one. It has been about ten minutes.}
((You never did say that, plus mana tap == fast recharge?  Either way, ramming into Dustan is still a valid action and he ignored that too.  Will edit out references to cooking brains though.
E:One is now ==Interrupted by Murdoc==, one is now just going straight for stabbyness.))
((I'm going to request that when you explicate mechanics, that you explicate recharge times as well.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:36:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 31, 2015, 02:52:14 pm »

{I realize we've never elaborated upon charge times before, which is why I'm giving them to you now. Given a few hours near something hot or in direct sunlight, Spark can charge up a single use of either blowtorch or flamethrower. Given less hospitable environments, it can take up to a few days, or, in a sufficiently cold place, just not happen.}

{I'll attempt to elaborate more in future, but keep in mind that *Amperzand cancels explain; making it up.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 31, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »

The narrator, whose special font is broken by this relictop, agrees with the fight between Foreman Murdoc and The Stranger so far, events have transpired as stated, no moderation is necessary.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:44 pm »

The narrator, whose special font is broken by this relictop, agrees with the fight between Foreman Murdoc and The Stranger so far, events have transpired as stated, no moderation is necessary.
==Fortress Interior, Near The Elevator==

The player queries if current actions involving Spark (i.e. Spark slamming into the necro) have happened as stated.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 31, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »

The construct "Spark" does not possess enough mass to make tackle attacks against an adult human male worthwhile, though grabbing hold and biting/clawing, ETC. should at least prove other than useless.

This occurred. The Stranger now has a small, crystalline construct trying to bite his bits off.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 262