Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232603 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2015, 01:20:37 am »

*far away at the moment, the black mass of an army in the distance would just be coming into view, the formations spread out to minimise harm from volleys of arrows, or in this case, artillery fire. They would still be a half day's march away, possibly more.

It would be unclear who the leader is at the moment, as there are several "command groups" following behind each scoreworth of soldiers, undead or not. The entirety of the army would be flanking southward with a small scout group going north of the fortress to scout it out and attempt to find alternative enterances, once they are within suitable distance to do so.*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:32 am »

The scouts, having searched as thoroughly as possible within the available time, cannot seem to find any useful path through the hills surrounding the fortress. The long, wide valley the gates open into appears to be the only clear, semi-flat space large enough for any remotely large group, and it has been deliberately cleared. Small groups might make the journey from other directions, but it would take a prohibitively long time. There might be some use in sending a cut-down team of living shock troops or sappers, but normal infantry and the undead would have little enough chance of making it, let alone accomplishing anything.

Within the fortress, while there is not yet an alarm, watchmen have reported dust clouds on the horizon, and assets begin to deploy, soldiers equipping themselves, artillerymen unplugging their guns, sharpshooters checking their sights.

The fortress' military commander, Sarvesh, approaches the small crowd in the trade depot, his personal squad of five arrayed behind him.

"Founders, we may be in danger of siege. I suggest you begin whatever preparations you may see as necessary."

Turning to the merchants;

"Gentlemen, if things do not end swiftly, you may not have a safe route away from here. I trust you will not object to remaining here, rather than outside the walls?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:57 am »

Er.. Not really, but what are we being besieged by exactly? *he would look to the commander curiously, though his eyes would betray a hint of worry, as if he already knew*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #948 on: August 24, 2015, 05:05:32 am »

*Runs in, covered with soot and holding a wrench*

"There's a problem we have. No more water is coming in to tha engines, which meanstha rivar is blocked! That makes tha new weapon, tha 'steamflamer' (like a flamethrower, but with steam at super high pressure and temperature) aint gonna work! And that makes a quarter of the traps broke!"
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 24, 2015, 05:14:44 am »

A quarter of them are powered with hot water? Are you out of your minds!? And what does that mean about the other three quarters?! *his voice would rise in a mixture of real anger and feigned panic*

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #950 on: August 24, 2015, 06:37:40 am »

you misunderstood me. not hot water, but rather scorching hot pressurized near-plasma state magma-temperature water

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 24, 2015, 07:09:28 am »

"What the *bleep*?  No way are a quarter of the traps your work.  At most an eighth."
"Armokdammit, he's got command groups."
"Get the snipers ready, tell them to look for anyone giving orders and take those out first!"
"Where the carp did I leave the transformer..."
I quickly get the magic transformer and start powering up a force blast.  That will hit the first group to pose a threat of breaching.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:43 am »

*he would immediately feel a drain on both him and the spell as mages hidden among the soldiers begin to siphon energy from his spell, even though it was stepped up by the transformer, and prepare to use it in a different, far more !Fun! way.*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 24, 2015, 08:04:39 am »

((Dude.  I haven't cast yet.  You can't exactly do that.  I mean, you could certainly TRY...))
As the hidden magi try to drain the spell, they suddenly find themselves getting sniper fire aimed in their direction.
Those that are behind cover, however, find that they are suddenly the target of a small, personal-size, spherical, force push.
((But even if you fail, the link goes both ways.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 24, 2015, 08:35:53 am »

(reserved for editing. Biggerfish, please report to the ooc forum for more flameing debating over magic.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 24, 2015, 04:47:42 pm »

==Retconbot 3000 Successfully Deployed, All Prior Actions Are Null And Void==
==As the army shows up, and the alerts fire==
Some inner paranoiac starts jumping up and down trying to get my attention as the ramifications of the necrotized trader, which were already setting off alarum bells even before the army showed up and set off actual alarms, click.   
"Ahem.  By the authority so vested in me as current director of magical affairs of this fort, I am placing you under arrest due to suspicion of hostile intent and necromantic practice.  Don't move too fast, I've got a battery and a gun."
"Point one: You are tainted with necromantic energy.  This would only have happened with contact with LARGE AMOUNTS of power.  Point two: You are familiar with the fort.  Don't feed me some shtick about "But I just got here."  You looked around like you had been here before, and guess whose spies have been creeping around?  Point three:  The army showed up TOO DAMN SOON.  It's like it was timed to trap everyone in.  This REEKS of plot.  And Narrativium."
"I reiterate, any attempt at magic will be met with force."
((This, this is why Spark poked Amp.  I saw this coming.  The army confirmed it.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:27:28 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 24, 2015, 04:50:31 pm »

(You're breaking the fourth wall again... Fix it, or i will not acknowledge your actions.)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #957 on: August 24, 2015, 04:52:18 pm »

(You're breaking the fourth wall again... Fix it, or i will not acknowledge your actions.)

since when are you gm?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 24, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »

(Seriously? He has repeatedly broken the fourth wall and powergamed in multiple respects, not to mention metagamed and blatently been told off by amp about this sort of thing as well.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:57:36 pm by Dustan Hache »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #959 on: August 24, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »

(Seriously? He has repeatedly broken the fourth wall and powergamed in multiple respects, not to mention metagamed and blatently told off by amp about this sort of thing as well.)

that is not an answer, anyway, he did see the dust from an army and he is a mage so he can obviously sence magic

i dont want a war over this
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 262