Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232890 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2015, 02:46:10 am »

{It's worth noting that while I personally didn't carry up the chunk of razorpore-bearing skin we have, I did in fact carry up a chunk, namely the bit that began its independent existence embedded in my leg. I want to make it into a sword though.}

{Yes, there are loopholes. The one you've obviously found I thought of myself while writing that and didn't think of a way around it. It does make sense, after all. I'd prefer if you didn't, however. Also, for municipal water-augmentation, magitek placed strategically is probably better than brute enchantment, such as for instance enchanting each segment of pipe individually for compound effect without complex cycling systems.}

{I notice that the more inebriated by exhaustion I become, the more unnecessarily loquacious my speech. How strange.}

{I will get to Pyrefly's response either after I have a chance to rest, or tomorrow. Many apologies.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:32 am »

{Hey, wait, solution to loophole, water is referenced as bad for magic in almost all myths, and is not remotely crystalline, QED it wouldn't be very good at storing or accumulating arcane forces, so while being held in an enchanted flask for twenty minutes [Random number, not important, don't fixate] would certainly give it enough charge to carry over into a patient's system, it wouldn't hold energy long enough to allow water-cycling for increased charge. Maybe specialized elixirs required to hold charge over long term [>60secs]? Though a simple enchantment for purification [No more waterborne toxins or pathogens, debris filtered out more easily than by mundane means, extremely simple sewage-processing] wouldn't need to be held in the water to be useful, so you could just enchant junction pipes.}
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:57:08 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2015, 04:35:43 am »

I,ve been thinking... Its awfully dark in here, isn't it?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2015, 05:41:51 am »

"Well, usually we just use reflector-aided oil lamps everywhere, but we're currently using military sunflares so the doctors can see to work, so I'm gonna have to say you should get your eyes checked. You have an idea for municipal lighting? It'd be nice to have, even if it isn't a priority."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:14 am »

"i meant like the side rooms and stuff."

"do we have any magnetite?"

I need a big room with acces to power for this project of  mine. Better get it mined out by someone who dosen't punch people. I also need tons of iron, copper, magnetite and a rubber-like substance. hmm... better go find the elf and see can he get me some rubber tree spawn or whatever its called.Oh, and i could get a rune for faster tree growth or something from that persone i got the book from {i gave the rune book back, but i made a copy, whitch was very exhausting}.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:07:59 am by Gwolfski »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2015, 10:00:04 am »

"You guys haven't made light spells?"
A strange look comes over the mage's face, clearly unrelated to the conversation. 
"...Augh.  Twist of cosmic whatever and I have apparently been struck by an inspiration particle or something."
"Don't expect me to be around much for a while.  That or there will be two of me."
TheBiggerFish has claimed a jeweller's workshop!
TheBiggerFish has begun a mysterious construction!
((How long are we saying moods take, anyway?))

((Also, Gwolfski, what're you trying to do, a generator???))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:36:23 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »

-Y'know, training is nice and all, but you need to rest a bit sometimes... !!PARTY AT THE BASALT TABLE, EVERYONE!!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2015, 03:30:03 pm »

yes, i am. totaly from memory. its actualy part of a lawnmower...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2015, 03:46:12 pm »

((...We aren't in the electric age yet.  Wait a bit.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

u mean. i start electric age

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 14, 2015, 07:02:02 pm »

u mean. i start electric age
((I mean that even if we can make electricity, we should focus on the reliable stuff instead of experimental tech.  For now at least.  Once we have some defenses...Go wild.  But right now?  Not so much.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 14, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »

{Well, it's fairly simple to make electricity, if you know how. Using a steam piston to repeatedly pass a strong magnet through coils of copper wire, for instance, will create fairly useful amounts of the stuff. Given that we don't have a steam engine, and would have to manually operate even such a simple generator, we should probably build those things first.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 14, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »

((In other news, no-one is reacting to me suddenly running off and starting a mysterious construction?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 14, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »

{I got nowhere near enough sleep for like, the past week and a half, so my usually-boundless energy is somewhat kill. Apologies.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

{I got nowhere near enough sleep for like, the past week and a half, so my usually-boundless energy is somewhat kill. Apologies.}
((No need for apologies, need for content.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 262