Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232897 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2015, 10:47:27 am »

"Magic may be fine and fancy, but i suggest mechanical backups. Just in case we get a magic-nulifying fb or something."
((I'm assuming that it is now the day after, then.))
"You can still manually operate this.  It's just originally designed for use with magic."
((Also, no giving him ideas!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2015, 12:37:46 pm »

Mate the 888th, Speardwarf, has grown attached to =Sporetree training spear=!
"I love you, spear! I think I'll call you Wilson!"
((You're training with guns, I think.))
((Also, please tell me that your next move is not to declare CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!.))
Not unless Wilson asks, and he will not because spears flintlock pistols don't speak.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #557 on: July 13, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »

"Magic may be fine and fancy, but i suggest mechanical backups. Just in case we get a magic-nulifying fb or something."
((I'm assuming that it is now the day after, then.))
"You can still manually operate this.  It's just originally designed for use with magic."
((Also, no giving him ideas!))
I have enough of my own {ideas}.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »

{No moving time forward other than for conversation until tomorrow, and GMdibs on describing the Skalewyrm when we find it.}

{Okay, so by co-train the thing, I mean I have two magic-munchkins and I'm not letting only one of you have carte blanche command of a nigh-invulnerable dragon-snake-eldritchhorror, so you're sharing control. Blaze, we have to find it because even if it's still in the cell we put it in, said cell is under at least fifty tonnes of unstable, unpredictably turbosharp rubble.}

In the past, talking to Pyrefly;

"Given that most sentient beings who aren't psychopaths have trouble with killing other sentients, well... Mostly I'm just wondering if you'll break down during real battles. Be honest, I'd truly rather have one, well, friend I suppose, who isn't also borderline sociopathic."

((I need to check this thread more often.))
"I-I'm not exactly a fighter..."
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 13, 2015, 04:40:23 pm »

{Don't worry Net, I already had the idea!  :D}

{Yeah, probably. On the other hand, my having gotten you partially stuck in the past for no good reason can't be making this that much fun. Concurrent past-future RP is entirely possible.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:21 pm »

{POKE}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 13, 2015, 10:09:21 pm »

((It's YOUR MOVE, dude. Pyrefly responded.))
((And I'm kind of, you know, offscreen building an entire thaumotechnical logic system with what is effectively short-range RFID, a perpetually turning motor, and assorted.))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:11:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 13, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »

-date unknown-

reiron is doing well, that platinum whip he made is well....made for him I guess.

uggg...these burn marks are driving me crazy, but I can live with them.

............that was a lie by the way. I forget, do wounds like this scar? im working on a scar removing rune, if I don't need it SOMEONE will.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 13, 2015, 10:21:31 pm »

{WELP. Amusingly, I had somehow forgotten. Plus there's other stuff going on and the Pyrefly thing is in the past.}

{Blaze, a rune to remove scar tissue would basically just burn the scars off you. Not fun, kinda pointless, plus we've got other methods incoming to repair injuries. Runes specialize in augmenting inorganic materials in various ways, and will never be capable of doing everything, especially with less than a month of research. Think Warhammer 40,000, not World of Warcraft. If you do it wrong, something eats your eyes out though a newly-burned hole in your soul.}

{Yes, serious burns scar. Try google-image searching napalm burns.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 13, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »

((Question:  once any particular enchant has HAPPENED, can it be DUPLICATED?  I want to enchant something larger than a canteen for biorepair.  Actually, I could enchant the  soap...And possibly the stills.  Must figure out points of most effect.))
((Debating whether to make THIS my monthly project...And figuring out how to encode this effect in (well I would say runes but not this time so I need a sec to think up a different word), for easier duplication...Hrm.))
((Right, I am officially going to reinvent a part of a wheel here and call what I normally would call runes "patterns".  Specifically, thaumic effect interference patterns.  Which normally are just called runes but we have those here already...))
((Also, everyone with serious lingering injuries is getting dosed with magic biorepair liquids as fast as I can fill the canteen.))

I wander by Blaze as he is writing.
"Yes they scar, for the love of Armok DON'T DO THAT WITH RUNES IT WILL JUST BURN THEM OFF."
"From what I've seen of these runes, they're most definitely not designed to work directly on organic materials."
"Insofar as they were designed for anything."
"That does give me a thought, but it's in a different system so...Yeah."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:15:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 13, 2015, 11:13:18 pm »

((Substantial editing has occurred.  I really need to stop doing that.))
Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:11 pm »

"well find a way to fix them! I don't like them"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:00 am »

*sigh*
"Here.  Fancy biorepair whatsit magic."
*pours a small portion of dwarven wine from Ye Flask Of Fancy Biorepair Majjyks*
"Drink."
"Then wait."
"This should probably help.  Because it HAS BEEN HELPING.  Or have you not noticed?"
"But seriously.  There isn't a cure for everything everywhere all the time.  Don't expect miracles.  Unless we start getting cases of divine intervention, we don't have any stored up."
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:26 am »

"Once we've got a dearth of people in immediate danger of death or permanent uselessness, we'll work on scar-removal, but your torso's current state pretty much just toughens the skin and makes you feel less pain in the area. Well, it will once the pain from the injury itself goes away."

{You could totally enchant more things with the same stuff. I'm going to say that it's the level of energy put into the enchantment to begin with that dictates how much energy the enchantment can use, so placing this strength of enchantment on, say, a main water pipe would end up with the same- already fairly small -amount of healing energy, spread across the entire fortress water supply. You could put more energy in, but even doing this one would have severely drained you from a fully-rested state, and should have killed you as you were at the time, had the Author not shown mercy for your ignorance.}

{You could also save a few characters and call them 'Glyphs', which also might prevent the occasional bit of confusion with other varieties of pattern.}

{Edit; Also, it's worth noting that anything enchantment can do, magitek can do with less initial raw-energy input, but more physical complexity. Magitek is more efficient, more complex, and more delicate, enchantment is more durable, more energy intensive, and simpler. They usually work best in collusion, you want that lever to have an enchantment so it's more failure-resistant, but the flow controller should probably be magitek.}
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:49:35 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 14, 2015, 01:28:35 am »

((Right.))
((Although, I can already find a few loopholes in that.))
((Glyphs it is.))
((Hmh.  Water cycling through...Do we want just medical or...))
((Either way, time to build something.))
"I should figure out...Hm.  How many redundancies in a main system that cycles through varying inputs..."
((No seriously, though,)) I should figure out how to make this work, should it become necessary to have a water main...Maybe...Portals, do they delineate the size of the container...
I can probably just enchant the stills and let that marinate, as was.  Hopefully that will in fact help...  I'd need some batteries to draw on, though, the enchant is energy/volume = effect... I have diamonds.  A couple shards, plus that thing Amp carried up I could borrow...
If I tried to healing potion fount....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:30:18 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 262