Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232876 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2015, 04:39:45 am »

its actualy easier to read
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2015, 04:43:36 am »

{Glad to hear it. Are you using an alternate theme?}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:47 am »

((But I want a pet eldritch horror! >:( ;D))
((Yeah, that makes sense though.))
((If two show up, can we both have one each?))
((Amp, your colors so far are just fine on Darkling.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:39:31 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 12, 2015, 12:56:22 pm »

{Okay, good, darkling makes it hard for me to read it, but nobody was complaining, so I thought I'd check. I do not intend to allow a second one. You can both tame other stuff if you want, though specializing in too many things- thaumotechnics/runing/portal building/animal training - will likely weaken your individual skills.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2015, 01:38:15 pm »

{Okay, good, darkling makes it hard for me to read it, but nobody was complaining, so I thought I'd check. I do not intend to allow a second one. You can both tame other stuff if you want, though specializing in too many things- thaumotechnics/runing/portal building/animal training - will likely weaken your individual skills.}
((I'm working from a blueprint, on the portal front.  Well, for now.))
*realizes that he's working on fixing up an elevator that has absolutely no merit whatsoever*
"What am I even."
*packs up toolkit*
*heads back to the barracks*
"Gah.  Stairs are still wrecked, the remains are going to stay down there for a while."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:42:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #530 on: July 12, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »

''why should they stay down there? the elevator works''
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 12, 2015, 01:54:32 pm »

{The elevator, while a brilliant piece of speed-engineering and absolutely perfect for what was needed, was also two chains lain on the floor from the farm waterwheels, linked to a spare gearbox somebody bolted to the floor, linked to four ropes, each tied/duct taped to one leg of an upside-down table. Dangerous and unreliable, in other words. Then we decided that since another staircase was already being dug, and we wanted the gigantic hole in the floor sealed, we should get the elevator out of the way and wait a week for the stairs to be finished before trying to reclaim the caverns. We'll probably make some kind of utility elevator later on, but right now we need to prioritize safety until we get our shit back in order. Also, Net, we did bring up one chunk of the thing's skin with a pore in it for examination, because it was small.}
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:56:40 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2015, 02:01:57 pm »

((is it the next day yet? I want out of bed))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2015, 02:05:45 pm »

{Unless somebody else wants to object, sure. Anybody who doesn't object in time can retroactively do stuff.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »

((Yeah, but that is, from what you've said, not related to the actual dust production.))
"A, it doesn't, B, I wouldn't trust anything to that setup, C, if we build an elevator proper, we're actually building a SAFE one.  Going to try and figure out brakes, if I have time in between figuring out how to adapt familiar spells to Forgotten Beast mindscapes and fixing the piece of carp portal that burnt out when I got here AND tending to the thaumaturgical herb garden and I practically need two of me!"
"Hm."
"That could actually work."
"Just have to hope that it gets where it needs to go...Of course it will."
"Now all I have to do is wait and hope I packed well."
==Elsewhere==
>I can't say I'm surprised.  I suppose we should get the ((uni))versiportal packed up, and pop another for use.
>>That should, in fact, handle our supplies problem...
"Right."
"Well, I guess we could."
"But the meta of me doing such is open to debate."
((Amp?))
((This is the same convo as we've been in, or it can happen later, or we can just spread out the bloody thing.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:33:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2015, 02:47:13 pm »

{The pores are what made the dust. Of course, a 100-meter monster made of solid diamond obviously runs off blatant magic, so retrieving the mechanical bits isn't that helpful. The best you'll get, though. Watching a thing, I'll get back to you on RP in a few.}
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:51:27 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2015, 02:52:07 pm »

{The pores are what made the dust. Of course, a 100-meter monster made of solid diamond obviously runs off blatant magic, so retrieving the mechanical bits isn't that helpful. The best you'll get, though.}
((On the contrary.  All I need to do is set up an external thaumic tap, plug it in, and hook it to a firing mechanism.  And a control system to make sure no friendly fire happens unless someone is stupid.))
((Buwaha.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 12, 2015, 04:15:39 pm »

{If you can figure out what and how to attach the plug to. Plus it isn't exactly a long-range weapon, to the point of creating a mostly stationary cloud around the user. And the dust can eat through plate steel. Having it close to you is a very bad thing.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »

{If you can figure out what and how to attach the plug to. Plus it isn't exactly a long-range weapon, to the point of creating a mostly stationary cloud around the user. And the dust can eat through plate steel. Having it close to you is a very bad thing.}
((Traps it is.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2015, 05:02:00 pm »

{Or, alternatively, you could figure out a way of containing the dust and using canisters of the stuff as grenades. Tear everything apart, then ignite the cloud to blow it up, or skip the last bit for area-denial.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 262