Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232843 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #495 on: July 11, 2015, 03:30:37 pm »

*Mate and the other 15 dwarves look at the scars of the other soldiers*
"Well, this is going to be an interesting job. What happened here?"
*One of the 15 migrants falls dead*
"Oh, yeah. We were starving when we came here. I forgot that. Heh. Atleast he died happily, admiring a fine table."
*facepalms*
"WHY didn't you SAY THAT FIRST."
"Now I have to figure out...Wait, would that..."
I open the *unconscious dwarf's mouth and pour a bit of Ye Fancy Biorepair Water down his throat, and hope that works.
((You aren't just going to fall over dead from malnutrition, AFAIK.))
I quickly distribute some rations (bar rations, a la Mr Frog) to the remainder.
"Food.  Eat.  Not too quickly."

"As for what happened, a forgotten beast made of diamond happened.  And then a GCS."

"And I repeat, did one of you say edge of the map?"
*Chomp*Yes, from were else should we come?*chomp*Oh, look, Likot is not dead. How was heaven like, Likot?"
"Fuck you"
"Good old Likot"
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2015, 04:09:56 pm »

"well, you know, it was my idea to make the lift!And anyway, im a master gundwarf, so there! we dont have much ammo thoough...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 11, 2015, 04:45:04 pm »

"well, you know, it was my idea to make the lift!And anyway, im a master gundwarf, so there! we dont have much ammo thoough...
"And WHAT, exactly, does your idea, clever as it was, have to do with military fitness?"
"...Excuse me while I wish I could go find someplace private to SCREAM IN FRUSTRATION."

*reply to the talkative migrant*
"I don't know, a SETTLEMENT?  Certainly not from an abstract delineator that only exists in a certain view of the world as we currently know it."

"Either way, these wounds really don't heal themselves."

I return to my self-appointed task.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:18:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2015, 05:19:26 pm »

{@Pyrefly; You're in a very small conversation with me, and then we will return to normal gameplay because all this play-by-play is obviously not to anyone's taste. Here's the relevant snip; I walk over to check on Blaze, Pyrefly, and the comatose scotsman.

"How're you two holding up? Fly didn't strike me as someone comfortable with disemboweling things or being blown up.

"I-I'm fine..." She said, completely not fine at the moment.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »

"I don't know, a SETTLEMENT?  Certainly not from an abstract delineator that only exists in a certain view of the world as we currently know it."
Oh, yeah. A settlement. A lovely hillock, but too full of sunlight for my liking. The mayor said something along the lines of "exiled for life" "explore that misterious fortress out there"... I don't know. I don't remember ever living there. I just remember waking up there a while ago not knowing where I was. The other dwarves didn't seem to know who I am, either, but that doesn't make any problem. Then they told us to go explore here or somewhere else, and Likot here got into a tantrum and throwed all of our supplies over a cliff. Oh, how we laughed after the initial despair!" *he says, poiting at Likot's black eye*
"But well, that's in the past. We don't even really know how to get back either, since in all this mountain trekking the map and the guide were also lost to tantrums. It's like the guys at the hillock intentionally planned this trip for us to get lost and starve! But that makes no sense at all!"
*He looks around*
"Seems like a pretty place around here. Is it really dangerous apart from the monsters made out of diamonds popping out here and there?"
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »

*in a voice absolutely flooding the room with concentrated sarcasm*
"Yes, that is COMPLETELY impossible." >:(

"Don't remember living there?  Where do you remember living?"

"*hysterical laughter*"
"*hysterical laughter*"
"*hysterical laughter*"
"Not more than your average fort!  Of course, that benchmark is already RIDICULOUSLY high!  So, technically, no!  Nothing is dangerous here!  Except the black powder!  And the pitchblende!  And everyone else!  And the absurd number of problems with the local thaumic background!  And the bloody-mindedness of the local spatial topology when it comes to wormholes!  We haven't even had a--You know what, not going to finish that because I bet within SECONDS of my uttering the words, a -- Ack!  Almost did!  But I bet you can guess what it is!  Narrativium can bloody well go bother someone else, someWHERE else, someWHEN else!"

"Agh.  Give me a second.  Need to catch my... breath.  And... my sanity."

((Also, in order, *mysterious *threw *pointing))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:39:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2015, 07:40:57 pm »

Oh, yeah. A settlement. A lovely hillock, but too full of sunlight for my liking. The mayor said something along the lines of "exiled for life" "explore that misterious fortress out there"... I don't know. I don't remember ever living there. I just remember waking up there a while ago not knowing where I was. The other dwarves didn't seem to know who I am, either, but that doesn't make any problem. Then they told us to go explore here or somewhere else, and Likot here got into a tantrum and throwed all of our supplies over a cliff. Oh, how we laughed after the initial despair!" *he says, poiting at Likot's black eye*
"But well, that's in the past. We don't even really know how to get back either, since in all this mountain trekking the map and the guide were also lost to tantrums. It's like the guys at the hillock intentionally planned this trip for us to get lost and starve! But that makes no sense at all!"
*He looks around*
"Seems like a pretty place around here. Is it really dangerous apart from the monsters made out of diamonds popping out here and there?"

random dwarf: actually things tend to be pretty tame around here. save for the occasional ambush or "siege". most beast, including forgotten beast, are captured in our underground cages.  this one had a sort of razor dust that destroyed the cages before they triggered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"alright reiron, i have a proposition for you."

"what is it blaze?"

"im sure you know that normally we don't have any problems, but recently most of our army was decimated by a forgotten beast"

"yes what about it?"

"you already have some military training, and this fort has a large number of non-dwarfs"

"what are you getting at?"

"three months ago you made this artifact whip, though we took it away considering you were our prisoner, it IS rightfully yours to decide what is done with it.....so I ask you, do you want to spend the rest of your life in an....admittedly luxurious cell? or do you want to work for us and live here?"

"............................-smirk- the dark towers were no fun anyways, when do I start?"

"as soon as I get out of this bed, consider yourself on parole until then"

((edited a spelling error))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:54:26 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2015, 07:45:13 pm »

((*beasts.  Sorry, but I absolutely detest wrong words.))
"*exhales* Thank you for clarifying our current state.  Don't know WHAT that was.  Probably my rampant pessimistic streak going a bit overboard."

((Who's rerion?))
Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2015, 07:53:10 pm »

Another civilian-soldier walks up, this one wearing real- if singed and bloody -armor over his artificer's leather, and carrying a better gun than the others. His left leg is in a cast of some kind, and he's using said better gun as a cane.

"Soldier, the fact that you ran the officers' firing range out of ammunition in half an hour giving yourself unauthorized training doesn't count for that much in your favor, other than that we don't have to actually train you before letting you fight. Thanks for the elevator though, s'a good idea. The mayor's an idiot, he'd never have figured it out. Look, if you'd rather work with the masons repairing that hole, you can feel free, though it's not exactly any safer."

The near-starved migrants are allowed to sit down and rest  around a huge cauldron of hot stew, along with those too injured to work but healthy enough to walk. Your new god-king[/s ]friend with the bloody armor supplies everyone with a fresh bowl, gets one for himself, and sits down.[/font]

"Heh, sounds like you have some interesting home life. ...Not really that dangerous, so far. Other than a few scouts from the goblins, this is our first real problem."

{Ok, so, few things. One, Blaze, we can't capture FBs, they are literally larger than the defenses we had built. No Sell. Two, sorry for limited relevance here, but I had some delays in finishing it, and some useful descriptors remain.}
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:56:09 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »

Another civilian-soldier walks up, this one wearing real- if singed and bloody -armor over his artificer's leather, and carrying a better gun than the others. His left leg is in a cast of some kind, and he's using said better gun as a cane.

"Soldier, the fact that you ran the officers' firing range out of ammunition in half an hour giving yourself unauthorized training doesn't count for that much in your favor, other than that we don't have to actually train you before letting you fight. Thanks for the elevator though, s'a good idea. The mayor's an idiot, he'd never have figured it out. Look, if you'd rather work with the masons repairing that hole, you can feel free, though it's not exactly any safer."[/glow]

The near-starved migrants are allowed to sit down and rest  around a huge cauldron of hot stew, along with those too injured to work but healthy enough to walk. Your new god-king[/s ]friend with the bloody armor supplies everyone with a fresh bowl, gets one for himself, and sits down.[/font]

"Heh, sounds like you have some interesting home life. ...Not really that dangerous, so far. Other than a few scouts from the goblins, this is our first real problem."[/glow]

{Ok, so, few things. One, Blaze, we can't capture FBs, they are literally larger than the defenses we had built. No Sell. Two, sorry for limited relevance here, but I had some delays in finishing it, and some useful descriptors remain.}

((then explain the giant feathered serpent.))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2015, 07:56:51 pm »

{Retconbot 53 billion consumed it.}

{Edit; Or, alternatively, it wasn't a very large or powerful FB, so much as just very rare, and sized more like five meters rather than a hundred.}
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:59:36 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »

((that's a lot of post to correct. have rectecon bot spit it out and we will say that dwarves cages are a designed in such a way that when triggered they "unfurl"  into a large "web" of bars that then collapse on there target and expand slightly to give it breathing room.

in short. dwarven cages are compact "one-size-fits-most, devices, that expand as necessary thanks to mechanics))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:13:44 pm by endlessblaze »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »

{Ya don't need to remove it from your post, let's just say it was a very small, weak FB, that we could actually beat into unconsciousness and capture in a drawbridge-sealed chamber. Bored guards've been throwing food into its cell to keep it alive. Wonder what happened to it in that big explosion, nobody's gone down there other than to search for survivors and bring up some chunks of Big Shiny.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2015, 08:20:51 pm »

((smaller idea works nice.......bt I would like to say we captured it in an oversized cage, it makes since considering that we knew forgotten beast existed))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 262