Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232838 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #465 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:12 pm »

((Uh...Is anything happening?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 09, 2015, 07:28:15 pm »

{I'm waiting for the other two to respond.  ::)}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2015, 08:13:08 pm »

"im tempted to say its just a flesh wound. but that would be cliché....not that I mind it. things like that still amuse me"

"but yha. you might want to get me a doctor when we get up....Im just going to....rest.......herrr.......

-blaze collapses unconscious. the combined strain of all that magic, and his injures overwhelming him-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:24 pm »

"Gah!"
"We're losing one, I think!  Burns, burns, whatcanIdoforburnsI'malmostoutofmanarightnow
I then have an idea.  I know a quick, non-draining enchant to, over time, "fill a bottle with "...  ((That is literally the wording.  And it works for water.))
I then apply that enchant to a healing potion bottle, and pray to the GM, and Armok, that it works and produces a slowly-refilling healing potion bottle.  Either way, I give Blaze the potion.  I do have some nether wart and soulsand packed, thank goodness, in the backpack I brought.  I can only hope that that is, in fact, enough to grow with.  If not, I can try magic and hope, but that is definitely later.  At least I can make glistering melons easily enough...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »

The Newcomer by the name of Net Patham successfully enchants his water canteen with a lingering spell of biorepair. The liquid inside still needs to be refilled, but any fluid within carries healthful energies. When given to the unconscious Blaze, there is no immediate visible effect, but the internal damage to nerves and muscle tissue begins rebuilding itself, cell by cell. Hardly a draught to instantly seal wounds, like old stories tell of, but a powerful artefact all the same. Said Newcomer, finding the effort of enchanting in this magic-starved environment far beyond his expectations, swiftly blacks out, drained utterly.

{Enchanting things is, logically, much more power-intensive than casting standard spells. It'd be fairly ridiculous for me to instantly mess you up for no pre-stated reason, and so you didn't damage your brain.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2015, 04:38:46 am »

{will somebody come up, let me out and thank me?}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2015, 08:16:23 am »

*thud*
==One short timeskip later==
==Medical ==
Ugh.
I hope that worked.
I look at the canteen.  ((Okay, I'm assuming that you misread here but I'm going with it.))
Interesting.
...Wasn't, in fact, what I was going for, but it's actually probably better than what I was going for.  Just need a way to condense water in...And that at least, shouldn't be hard.  Just telekine (use telekinesis, because molecules, totally) or cold...
Unless I'm in a desert.  And this is not, in fact, a desert.
((*shrug*))
((Also, I like the "Effects may not be entirely as stated" thing that just happened.  Don't monkey with things TOO much, though.  Like, if I want a sword that is extremely hot (!!FIRE!!), don't give me a sword that freezes things but visual artifacts and the precise means of operation might be reasonable places to randomize.  This doesn't really apply to anything prefaced with Imbue, though.  And if it's my monthly project, try and PM me first.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:30:31 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 10, 2015, 01:47:45 pm »

{Actually, that was just you not having enough energy to accomplish everything, so I gave you what I assumed was the important bit, though the effects of what we do will not, in fact, always be what we want. Even in my case, I'll be trying to mess up pretty frequently. Monthly projects are mostly something you decide on explicitly, though I will let you know if you totally tried to build a car in three days.

@Gwolfski; As soon as Pyrefly gets in a post or two, we're probably going to skip ahead a month and you'll be free. Keep in mind theft and what looks a lot like attempted radiological terrorism are unlikely to be looked upon kindly, even if you did do something really cool beforehand. In-character, the other players have no reason to even know you're in jail.}
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:49:27 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 10, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

((I have no idea what's happening with my character right now cuz I missed two pages AGAIN and I'm tired at the moment...))
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #474 on: July 10, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »

(well, theres no reason for me not to have a slight case of cleptomancy
anyway, its nit terrorismm, cause its for enemies, not civies)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:22:59 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »

{@Pyrefly; You're in a very small conversation with me, and then we will return to normal gameplay because all this play-by-play is obviously not to anyone's taste. Here's the relevant snip; I walk over to check on Blaze, Pyrefly, and the comatose scotsman.

"How're you two holding up? Fly didn't strike me as someone comfortable with disemboweling things or being blown up.

@Gwolfski; Y'ever heard of looting laws? Trying to steal things while a disaster is taking place is usually not only still illegal but sometimes looked upon worse, though you can certainly have cleptomania if you don't mind getting arrested frequently. Keep in mind this fort's basically a police state right now, because that's how remote mining/research colonies do things until real nobles start to show up. As for the radiological terrorism, the miner you asked to dig into highly dangerous radioactive materials with no useful buffer from the civilian population didn't know you had any helpful purpose for the stuff. Besides, radiation is nasty stuff, I wouldn't use it even on our enemies if I could avoid it.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2015, 02:42:47 pm »

{Welp, I have to do more work on things outside this building, so see ya in like three hours.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2015, 04:06:13 pm »

(well, theres no reason for me not to have a slight case of cleptomancy
anyway, its nit terrorismm, cause its for enemies, not civies)
cleptomancy?
You (both) mean kleptomania.
Yes it is spelled with a k.

==Whoops apparently time is moving too fast!==
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:03:47 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 10, 2015, 07:47:21 pm »

{Let's say it's currently the sixteenth of Granite, two days after the thing with the FB. I'd prefer to avoid any one person advancing things more than 1-2 days-per-post, though. Net, you can have a supply drop when we really need a supply drop, which so far we do not.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 10, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »

((But but but magic!  KK.))
==16th Granite==
Okay, so it's the 16th Granite, apparently.  Someone actually had a calendar.
Not much progress.
Attempting to reassemble the FB's dust glands.
Working on a condenser for that canteen.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 262