Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232593 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »

(Ffs, all he has to do is change it so that there are no mentions of "plot" or "narrativium" in the post, and add a actual rp reason why it all fits together to justify his paranoia. Its not that hard to be discriptive and thoughtful!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #961 on: August 24, 2015, 05:06:08 pm »

(Ffs, all he has to do is change it so that there are no mentions of "plot" or "narrativium" in the post, and add a actual rp reason why it all fits together to justify his paranoia. Its not that hard to be discriptive and thoughtful!)

ypu are really good at avoidibg answers. i commend you, sir, for that.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 24, 2015, 05:17:53 pm »

God damn but you people can't keep doing this, I'd prefer if you'd not tick one another off, y'know.

Right, so I do believe Net needs another few rounds of retconbot. While metaknowledge is a fine thing, consider it another sort of GM-answered spot check, not an excuse to break the fourth wall at every opportunity and know things you don't have reason to know. You can request a metaknowledge check anytime, just like you can request a detect magic or a "What's in this room that I want to steal", but don't decide what you know at random.

It's perfectly reasonable to arrest, or at least put under guard, the members of the caravan, for at least three separate reasons I can think of, but state those reasons, not metaknowledge you didn't check for.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 24, 2015, 05:23:06 pm »

I mean, y'know, not everything's your fault, I'm cripplingly inept as a GM, but still, at least I stay civil.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #964 on: August 24, 2015, 05:27:51 pm »

im bored.... that old boiler needs fixing... I HAS IDEA!!!! fill clay jugs with gunpowder and gravel, attach fuse and you have insta-granades! cheap ones too!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:37:49 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 24, 2015, 06:06:23 pm »

Yep. We already have dynamite, which is more stable, but this is true. The main difficulty lies in igniting the fuse, since we have neither matches or lighters..
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 24, 2015, 08:14:28 pm »

((I would like to clarify something.  I am NOT using metaknowledge here.  I was already suspicious, I'm linked up to the alert system, and I come from a universe where The Narrative is capitalized, most recently.  So while I framed that in narrative terms, I did so solely because ICly I thought that way.  I am not deploying Retconbot on that, and I am arresting the guy that looks like a necro spy.  Familiarity with the fortress.  Necro taint.  Suspicious timing.  Once is chance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and there's no such thing as coincidence.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:26:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 24, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »

Well, alright then. I'd have preferred it not go this far, but I assume we all would.

I'm not actually sure what we'll do with this scenario, without a necroplayer to control it. I had no intention to use a necromancer myself at this time, and don't know beyond a general idea what he intended to do with this.

I don't actually know what to do next, in other words. If he does show back up, I'd rather not exterminate his/his employer's army without his input, but if he doesn't I'd rather just bypass this scene with some pretty cutscenes to show how well-defended dorfs with guns and warmages can get.

We'll have to see, I suppose.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 24, 2015, 08:49:02 pm »

Well, alright then. I'd have preferred it not go this far, but I assume we all would.

I'm not actually sure what we'll do with this scenario, without a necroplayer to control it. I had no intention to use a necromancer myself at this time, and don't know beyond a general idea what he intended to do with this.

I don't actually know what to do next, in other words. If he does show back up, I'd rather not exterminate his/his employer's army without his input, but if he doesn't I'd rather just bypass this scene with some pretty cutscenes to show how well-defended dorfs with guns and warmages can get.

We'll have to see, I suppose.
((If he doesn't come back, I'd volunteer to run his army, maybe, possibly, but I was intending to offer him the chance to back off, and then hit Out East first?  I have so many ideas for what to do with a zombie army in this battle though...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2015, 11:40:00 am »

(Picking up where i left off..)
Excuse me? If i am a necromancer, let alone a mage at all, then why would i come here unarmed as a peasant, with little more than a sackfull of junk and the clothes on my back?!  Whats more, why would i Want to be trapped inside a fortress as a disguised necromancer while another is running around causing chaos?!

Honestly, if you listened to yourself right now, you sound crazy! Plots, narrativium?  This isnt some story, and the second of those is not even a real word! *he would seem offended at the accusation, though it would be rapidly Interrupted by a zombie splattering into a pulp nearby as it falls from the sky. At this point, he would be running for the nearest solid shelter available*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »

(Picking up where i left off..)
Excuse me? If i am a necromancer, let alone a mage at all, then why would i come here unarmed as a peasant, with little more than a sackfull of junk and the clothes on my back?!  Whats more, why would i Want to be trapped inside a fortress as a disguised necromancer while another is running around causing chaos?!

Honestly, if you listened to yourself right now, you sound crazy! Plots, narrativium?  This isnt some story, and the second of those is not even a real word! *he would seem offended at the accusation, though it would be rapidly Interrupted by a zombie splattering into a pulp nearby as it falls from the sky. At this point, he would be running for the nearest solid shelter available*
"Pfheh.  No, it is, and no, it is.  And, if I had to put money on it, I'd say either one of you is feeding that army intel, or doing some nice sabotage of key points when we let you panic around unmolested.  Or you're actually, despite everything screaming to the contrary, innocent, in which case I'm QUITE sorry for the trouble, but I'm not taking that risk right now thank you very much!  In fact, I'd rather NOT have the egg on my face from having the right idea about the wrong person, but insofar as I can tell, I can only trust that priest not to be disguised, so I HIGHLY suggest that the entire caravan be placed in custody until we figure out who's on what side!"

I bash the zombie's skull in.

Metaknowledge check for character voicing, further sense motive check on the disguised being who he says he is, further check regardless of that for a person who was EXPECTING splatterzombies.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2015, 01:48:21 pm »

The military commander and his squad walk over to Patham and the strange merchant.

"Sir mage, please stop getting into slap-fights with potential trade partners."

"Merchants, while I do apologize for the civilian's paranoia, his suspicions are not entirely groundless. You arrived less than a day before an enemy army, from the same general direction. While this is hardly enough for me to arrest you at random, I will be putting you under watch. If you will go along with it peacefully, I would be rather appreciative."

He gestures to a big roofed area built off the mountain, presumably to allow for easier trade in the nasty rainstorms the area suffers from in autumn.

"You will be brought food and drink, and I will not order you disarmed, for now."

Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »

(to clarify: he is unarmed himself, he ran as soon as the zombie impacted, not before, the zombie basically exploded in a shower of bone shards and flesh, leaving no skull to bash and likely causing minor injuries to anyone too close, and rotting flesh scattered everywhere just waiting to fill the place with miasma.
he has nothing that truly gives him away as a necromancer aside from his energy soaked clothing, and that could also come from exposure to evil in theory.
He is currently generally upset about being accused, and fearing for his life both because he is in the danger zone, and he is being fingerpointed at dispite having multiple factors justifying suspicion, with one being rather solid.
the real threat here is primarily the 12 strong caravan guard, who have yet to show their true colors, are armed and armored heavily, and could go from subtle and quiet to manic and bloodthirsty in the blink of a eye, and probably keep going due to their decent chain and layered cloth armor. speaking of which, layered cloth was one of the first bullet resistant armors, so have fun with that.)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2015, 02:33:26 pm »

{Yes. Sarvesh just gave the entire caravan a sheltered refuge from falling zombietillery, while conveniently making it easy to stop them going places. He doesn't particularly suspect any one member of the caravan, just the entire thing. Bullet-resistant armor is a fine thing, especially against low-velocity rounds. That doesn't stop an ounce of barely-supersonic lead from breaking a few ribs and throwing you backwards. These guys have carbines that shoot what amount to shotgun slugs, they'd cause notable injury even through military body armor, though they don't penetrate much. Plus they blow enormous holes in stuff that isn't armored.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2015, 02:43:10 pm »

(yes, it's likely to make them curl up for a bit while their ribs are hurting, but it's not going to stop them from killing unless someone finishes them off, or said ribs puncture a lung. also, shooting a gun is fairly difficult, expecially when untrained. expect major tracking failure.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:47:16 pm by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 262