Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232615 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #930 on: August 23, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »

One member, a priest in white robes, decorated with fine bright yellow dye and specks of gold embroidery, has the distinct aura possessed by any member of a religion to have attracted their preferred deity's favorable attention. Worthy of seeking out a conversation, but not of any particular note. Such priests are fairly common in the higher echelons, and rarely of much arcane potency.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 23, 2015, 09:27:56 pm »

((I'm a bit more concerned with the potential necrotrader.  If the priest talks to me, I will talk back, but that's about it.  Well, maybe later...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 23, 2015, 09:38:56 pm »

{Later indeed. It's worth noting that I wrote that out before you guys posted, though I did expect Hache's thing.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 23, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

{Later indeed. It's worth noting that I wrote that out before you guys posted, though I did expect Hache's thing.}
((By the way, can we tell what deity he's priest of?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 23, 2015, 09:42:48 pm »

*the stranger would look at net, quite confused* excuse me? We have not even met before, and i cant say I have even seen your face before. As for where i am from, i came from the northeast. Sort of a refugee, since it was overrun by the undead. That said, i got a couple of things that were grown there, nobody seems to want them really. *he would flip his bag off his back, and offer net a look inside*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 23, 2015, 09:46:15 pm »

{Easily. You can ask him later, or, if you actually knew anything about the local gods, tell easily just by looking at his robes or the differences in his aura. Not at all necro-affiliated, don't worry.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 23, 2015, 09:50:31 pm »

I inspect the items.  Carefully.  For traps, magical, mundane.  And stupid-obvious references.  And poisons. 
*somewhat distractedly*
"I must be mistaken, then.  I could have sworn I had at least seen you around before."
==If the stranger reacts with undue hesitation==
"Sorry, with the aforementioned necromancer...Well, everybody's taking precautions."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:52:58 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 23, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

*most of the items would be harmless, such as jarred sliverthorn seeds, some wooden crafts of unremarkable quality, and a lump of fur that looks to have suffered a bit of decay.*

no sir, i am certain you are mistaken, unless you witnessed my father being torn to shreds by a undead bird. As for the precautions, I understand that, and i have had to go through the same thing for the last three towns i passed through hitchhiking on caravans.
*it would be hard to tell if his story was true or not, as his looks and items match up with his story*
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:11:30 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 23, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »

((*rolls sense motive*))
"A terrible tragedy, indeed.  ...If I may, you have been, well, cleansed of, you know, whatever it is they use, right?"
*((rolls Bluff,)) (notes that) I'm not wearing "mage robes" but instead civ armor, and that the staff looks pretty ordinary, if rather detailed, if you're not knowledgeable with glyphs (not runes).*
((What kind of fur is it?))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:18:40 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 23, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »

{Speakin' of, while this is at no point becoming an RTD, I think I've got a d20 laying around somewhere if you'd like the cruel gods of luck to decide your success in a reasonably doable action, rather than my equally unreliable decisionmaking skills.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 23, 2015, 10:24:17 pm »

{Speakin' of, while this is at no point becoming an RTD, I think I've got a d20 laying around somewhere if you'd like the cruel gods of luck to decide your success in a reasonably doable action, rather than my equally unreliable decisionmaking skills.}
((In combat, there is a fair amount of randomness, but no critical failures.))
((And on that note, I have to sleep.  I have to rise early tomorrow.))
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 23, 2015, 10:39:05 pm »

As far as i can tell. it's not anything transmissible, because all of the people I saw turn did so after they died. *he would seem disarming enough, nothing overly suspicious about the information he gave.

*he would also give the staff a brief look-over, interested in it* that is a very well made staff you have. The carvings in it look rather odd and uneven though. Did you make it yourself?

*on closer inspection of the fur, it would appear to be from a cat*

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 23, 2015, 10:52:01 pm »

but no critical failures.

{Ah, heh. No. If you roll a one, things will become rather spectacularly fun. Also, I'm considering making twenties overkill.}

{Though this is situational, crit failing a spot check just gets you some amusing dialog, not failing to get out of the way of an oncoming meteor.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 23, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »

(Amp, do something with your char.)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 23, 2015, 11:56:15 pm »

{Aye. I'm trying to phase out the Author Avatar, for obvious reasons, but for now he'll have to do something. No good ideas, though.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 262