Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232716 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #780 on: August 11, 2015, 02:18:36 pm »

((It's a contact Drain Magic spell that's powered by the magic it's draining.  Theoretically I could block thrown spells with this thing.  I probably won't, though, because if there's enough magic to throw spells, I can block them more conventionally.))
(Please stop trying to drain it right out of them. It's not going to work because it is basically taking the place their soul would, if their soul was locallised into roughly 1 out of every two limbs. Ya can't rip the souls out of people yet by yourself, now can you?)
((I probably could with effort, just like you probably could with effort, but it's not a soul, it's just magical energies that are currently animating a corpse.  And it's not draining ALL the magic, sadly enough.  I'd need to pin the zombies for that.  And right now I'm more concerned with keeping them off of me.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »

((It's a contact Drain Magic spell that's powered by the magic it's draining.  Theoretically I could block thrown spells with this thing.  I probably won't, though, because if there's enough magic to throw spells, I can block them more conventionally.))
(Please stop trying to drain it right out of them. It's not going to work because it is basically taking the place their soul would, if their soul was locallised into roughly 1 out of every two limbs. Ya can't rip the souls out of people yet by yourself, now can you?)
((I probably could with effort, just like you probably could with effort, but it's not a soul, it's just magical energies that are currently animating a corpse.  And it's not draining ALL the magic, sadly enough.  I'd need to pin the zombies for that.  And right now I'm more concerned with keeping them off of me.))
(Good news then, you are, and your staff is slowly turning into a elderich abomination crossed with a weapon. Have fun!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:17 pm »

{In effect, the weapon is draining some of the energy animating them with every strike. This weakens them, but the energy has been deliberately rendered unsafe, so the staff's being corrupted. I don't know what form this'll take, but hey.}

The undead are falling in droves around our formation as the beast looks on curiously, but with so many of them, our efforts are unlikely to work in the long run. And they don't seem to die, whatever is done. Several ruined corpses are still writhing in an attempt to kill.

The beast seems to realize that the zombies are a valid target and lashes out, clamping its jaws over the largest zombie within reach, then lifting it into the air, the corpse spasming wildly as three rows of rotating blades tear it apart. The beast gulps down the ruined thing, then chooses another.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:20:06 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 11, 2015, 05:22:21 pm »

((I can dump it later.))
I see how much magic the staff actually has.
I then send an alert to the barracks.  The hordes of zombies alert.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:53:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 11, 2015, 05:44:52 pm »

((why cant we all just agree on something?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:41 pm »

((why cant we all just agree on something?))
((We just did.))
Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 11, 2015, 05:51:46 pm »

((on what, I don't know what happening anymore, I blame amp, and his retecon bots, something about a necromancer and magic and zombies))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 11, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »

{I- *cough* Retconbot 3000 has so far retconned two things. I believe that both of them needed to be retconned. If you object to something I do, tell me so we can talk it out, I'd rather deal with it then than later.}

{Something about magic is likely always going to be happening. Our second-newest player has, with my full support, chosen to play as a hostile necromancer, and will be helping to make my job easier by providing you guys problems to solve that I don't have to Diabolus Ex Machina into being. All the other players, including you, are currently in the caverns fighting off about a hundred zombies he just made.}

{Net, you can discharge the staff's energy later, yes, but it's polluted- not by nature, but because it's good necromantic practice not to let the good guys steal your ill-gotten gains to use against you -and unsafe for use, regardless of when it's released. The staff's likely not a very good capacitor, so it's about three-quarters full. I would not recommend overfilling it.}

What was said to happen, happens. No more zombies are showing up, and the Beast's been eating them whenever they get within range of its head.

Even so, unless we do something clever, we'll likely get ourselves killed.

Net's remote-notification system was drained along with everything else magical, but it had already gone off when the spell hit, so soldiers are coming.

They don't know where to find us, which is why Sarvesh just fired an illumination flare towards the ceiling. Now we can see rather better, and it's obvious to everything with line-of-sight where we are.

{I apologize for my lackluster writing this updop, it's quite hot here, so my brain's a tad too warm to work right.}
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:20:58 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:53 pm »

Hrmph.
Well, either way, I have some ideas.
Like the ever-popular force push.
Which I unleash, blasting the zombies back.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:24:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 11, 2015, 08:04:20 pm »

{Using the energy in the staff?}

{...You're suuure?}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 11, 2015, 08:43:41 pm »

((eh, what's done I done and I forget which times you wanted to retecon, that you actually did so instead of hand-waving, but after this sequence can we please take a break, figure out what to do with the FB and make some death traps and stuff?))

-stab, stab, stab-

"that's three...wait is that....crap....REIORN WITH ME!"
"on it boss!"

-blaze and reiorn go for a group of not one, not two, but THREE zombie cave ogres-

((im going for an ,oh crap, those things have thick skulls, unlike those things I just killed.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:17 pm »

(Aaand  you need to edit. Only troglodytes were reanimated (in large numbers) with most of said animation being in limbs, not the entire corpse.
On top of it, your staff is trying to turn into a (un)living stick of flesh with necromantic energy. Dont you want the Fun of such a dangerous weapon for meleeing?
And finally, stop trying to squick yourselves to death by pulling/manipulating unclensed necromantic energy. It just is not smart.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 11, 2015, 09:05:29 pm »

"What, NO! DON'T CHARGE THEM, YOU'LL- ...Shit."

I forcibly work the action on my jammed Rattler, popping a mangled cartridge out to the side, along with a considerable amount of charred, greasy black filth, then empty the last four rounds into the monsters you're charging, the tracers sailing a few feet over your heads to punch phosphor-speckled craters in the things.

"Get back here! If you get caught in the horde they'll tear you apart!"

The magazine latch fails to operate correctly, forcing me to rip the empty mag out of the gun, then hold the new one in place by hand.

{Blaze, I'm not stopping you, but this kind of thing won't work very well. Also, Net may or may not be about to do a thing, and uh, badness.}

{Hache, I have a plan for what happens if FishNet uses the staff. I feel everybody will be fairly satisfied. Anyway, it's his decision. Also, while there weren't any dead Cave Ogres around to reanimate, if there were any they would have been.}
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:22:13 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:22 pm »

((Is this a Plan or just a plan?))
((If Plan: Let me just...push the on switch on the Retconbot I have over here...))
((If plan: Go for it, I am kind of interested.  But note that if something Goes Horribly Wrong, I'm going to cut the spell off.  Also, I do have that converter thing I improv-ed repeatedly, consider it as used on this.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:55:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 11, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »

{I'm not sure of the distinction. Well, it'll be more fun if you do, in both senses of the word, so let's do it. Give me a second to boot up my other computer so's I can use fonts.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 262