Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232717 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #735 on: August 03, 2015, 03:12:25 pm »

{im still working on the lift and see whats happening right?}

"Need a chisel?" *tosses chisel* "Here ya go!"
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 03, 2015, 04:07:29 pm »

{Gwolfski can see enough of what's happening from the lift to want to go investigate, and isn't actually essential to the lift's construction.}

{I don't think you really need an updop to continue here.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
« Reply #737 on: August 04, 2015, 02:37:44 pm »

can someone tell me what happened so far in this travesty?

Thx!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 05, 2015, 06:29:19 am »

{Apologies for my recent inactivity, the last day was consumed by SUDDENLY DEAR OLD MUM SAYS PARTY.}

Anyway, in answer to Nickolai, and honestly this is probably worth a read for everyone, we've beaten off a few goblin scouting parties, developed black powder and all associated weapons up to about the early 1700s, with some schizo tech from a little later on.

Fish can make magic iPhones, Blaze and Wolf can alter the properties of materials on an atomic level using medieval runes, there's a sealed-off vein of uranium in the basement and the shattered remains of a giant diamond crocodile in the caverns.

We're currently recapturing a twenty-foot steel dragon-snake with sawblades for feathers and the ability to breathe a plasma jet. Forces unknown are dampening magic on at least a global scale, and random unlucky people from all over the multiverse are getting dropped in here with the clothes on their backs. Or alternatively with an unfortunate local's body.

I fully intend the plot to get interesting if things keep moving.

I'm the Provisional GM, by the by.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:58 am »

((PEAs are NOT magic.  Again.  I could probably knock up something to make a magic equivalent, but, the one I have is pure tech.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »

{I realize. The logic is that you don't have the machinery to make more PEAs, but you could link a sheet of mica to the fort's thaumologistics network and add word-processing.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 05, 2015, 07:45:10 pm »

{Question, did I kill this thread by being OCD, or are y'all just not interested in posting?}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #742 on: August 06, 2015, 01:35:18 am »

{Question, did I kill this thread by being OCD, or are y'all just not interested in posting?}
waiting for everyone else
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 06, 2015, 01:39:22 am »

{As am I, as am I.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:54 pm »

I head up and look for the necessary equipment.  Plus some things I think could be used to take care of the wound.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 06, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »

You quickly make your way back to the fortress above, taking Gwolfski and one of the soldiers with you to help carry it, and begin searching for the needful things. After a nervous hour or two, you three come back down carrying a massive pile of stuff.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 07, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »

{*Is patient*}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 07, 2015, 04:13:12 pm »

"Well...Let's take care of this shall we."
((Proceed.))
((Because I don't have any experience in fantasy veterinary medicine IRL.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 08, 2015, 08:53:25 pm »

{Nor I... Well, I suppose we shall have to lapse into vagueness and/or me just wizard-ing a solution as we always seem to do towards the end of a section.}

{I apologize for my inaction, my time was eaten by a roquelike. Caves of Qud, to be exact. Do not mess with Slumberlings before high level.}

{Updop has been fonted.}

The beast watches suspiciously as we rig pulleys and ropes around what remains of its cage, slowly losing the rest of its combat-heat through its "Feathers", which appear to function as natural heat radiators. After perhaps two hours, there is a rudimentary lifting rig assembled, and with careful use of Amp's mining pick, along with some explosives, two smooth-edged holes are bored through the shard impaling our hazardous patient, allowing the liftrig to anchor itself firmly.

Two heavy winches, one to either side of the beast, are manned, one by the two soldiers, the other by Amp and Gwolfski, who unlike the arcanists have yet to exhaust themselves.

After some examination it is determined that the area around the shard is "Unhealed" and partially-molten, allowing us to remove the shard without surgery. Since surgery would need diamond-edged saws, this is a good thing.

The beast is usefully stuck quite firmly to the ground, and weighs a great deal, making the only limitation here our own strength.

"Three, two, one, pull!"

After perhaps fifteen minutes of grunting and swearing, the shard has moved perhaps six inches, and the beast appears increasingly agitated.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:53:12 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 08, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »

"aurgh. if the ambiance wasn't so drained we would have finished by now, I hope this thing doesn't feel much pain, I like being alive"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 262