Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232715 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #720 on: July 31, 2015, 09:04:59 pm »

-blaze gently approaches-
"Easy now...let's get the wing of yours better...."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 01, 2015, 06:12:15 am »

{While that's a valid thing to say, I do believe the giant blade through the rest of its torso is a larger concern for everybody involved.}

I poke the chainmail shirt I'm wearing.

"We've got this. It not being able to move very much is only to the good for the time being, though."

The gun gets slung around my back in the reasonable assumption that there's no use threatening something this big and strong.

"I have no intention of going near that thing if I can avoid it, so what we do here is your call. If I want a giant incendiary flying thing I'll stick a flamethrower on a plane."

The beast hisses again, warningly, as you begin to approach. Its "teeth" are moving more slowly now and are no longer red hot, but they still look entirely too much like a mouth full of chainsaw.

There really is something odd about the eyes. Too thoughtful.

It still hates us, that at least is obvious.

On the other hand, it seems to realize that we intend to help it.

It probably wasn't capable of that before.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:41:41 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 01, 2015, 08:24:01 am »

((Anywho, couldn't you type your formatting manually???  Eh.))
"hello, nobody answered my question about whether there were things we could use to bind the wound once we removed the giant diamond shard from it."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 01, 2015, 08:24:48 am »

"It's ok. I Want to help you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 01, 2015, 08:37:44 am »

"It's ok. I Want to help you."
"this spell, regardless of what it did, did not give it the capacity to understand our language.  come on."
"Amp, can you go get some...Something that would look useful for treating this wound?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 01, 2015, 08:48:29 am »

((It can still probbly pick up on the soft gentle tone though))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 01, 2015, 08:58:55 am »

((It can still probbly pick up on the soft gentle tone though))
((Probably.  All the same.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 01, 2015, 06:44:43 pm »

{It's a twenty foot metal snake-dragon-chainsaw-flamethrower, whose only interaction in three millennia with sentient life is as prey or enemies, none of them making calming noises. The only way it can tell what you mean is through direct actions.}

{I could indeed enter the formatting manually, but I'm lazy and would rather wait to boot up this, my other, differently borked computer.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 01, 2015, 06:49:00 pm »

{It's a twenty foot metal snake-dragon-chainsaw-flamethrower, whose only interaction in three millennia with sentient life is as prey or enemies, none of them making calming noises. The only way it can tell what you mean is through direct actions.}

{I could indeed enter the formatting manually, but I'm lazy and would rather wait to boot up this, my other, differently borked computer.
((How is THIS one borked?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 01, 2015, 10:35:23 pm »

{Well, part of the case needs to be pried up in order to let an external fan help with cooling. Said piece of casing is able to be pried up only because structurally integral screws are broken in various places. It's a laptop, by the way, and not high-performance enough to need high-end cooling gear. It also has a plethora of minor bugs and a few slight issues with backwards compatability. Also Flash only works with safari rather than Firefox, my preferred browser.}

{Also, updop after I food.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 02, 2015, 04:14:44 am »

{Well, part of the case needs to be pried up in order to let an external fan help with cooling. Said piece of casing is able to be pried up only because structurally integral screws are broken in various places. It's a laptop, by the way, and not high-performance enough to need high-end cooling gear. It also has a plethora of minor bugs and a few slight issues with backwards compatability. Also Flash only works with safari rather than Firefox, my preferred browser.}

{Also, updop after I food.}
You need a techxorcism.  Or a repair shop.
/null
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2015, 08:34:06 pm »

{Or a large fire and ~1000 dollars, which is my preference.}

Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2015, 09:33:57 pm »

{Or a large fire and ~1000 dollars, which is my preference.}
((Updop?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 03, 2015, 12:28:17 am »

{Amperzand cancels update thread; procrastinating}

This update could likely have been replaced by me saying "Try more stuff", but hey, I suck at this too much to notice until now.

The Beast appears uncomprehending of our attempts at communication, and seems to have stopped bleeding. Its injuries are, while severe, quite stable.

"If we want to move this thing, we'll need to chisel it loose from all the solidified blood, and set up some kind of crane for the shard."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:35 am »

"Right..."
"Any ideas?"
"Because with magic effectively out, I can't really do a magical blowtorch or chisel or anything."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 262