Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232927 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 09:06:03 pm »

((A full day without a journal entry!?  >:( the least you could do is say "I hope that crazy elf lives" :'(
......Even if it's just becasue you want to kill me later' I would be happy with just a little entry of some kind))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 06:39:13 pm »

{Hah, a'rightythen, here ya go.}

I don't remember the date anymore. Too long underground, breaking stone.

Some crazy elf showed up, started helping me mine. An elf mining?

Well, crazy he may be, and damn but he keeps talking about being a crafter instead, but he's certainly helpful, if only for moral support.

Mining is hard. Explosives would make this easier! I can make gunpowder.
Need a chemist! And a metalsmith, I want a musket too.

Crazy elf guy {Unlucky shit, getting stuck in something the normal migrants we're getting will hate} was just starting to grow on me, then he gets "Inspired" and starts making an artifact! Well, at least he's crafting metal, maybe he can help me with Project Boomstick! If he lives. Shit.

I found lead. Bullets, hell yes. We already have iron, now we just need some livestock, a tree or five maybe a magma pocket to harvest sulfur from, and I can make a proper weapon.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »

((thank you))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(maniacal laughter is heard throughout the fort, joined by the ring of a hammer on metal.)

YES YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
WERE DID I PUT IT? HA! YESS YESSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhHA!!!

(thankfully its seems that endlessblaze is not yet crazy and his laughter is just a side effect of his mood induced work)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2015, 08:57:12 pm »

Journal of 4maskwolf, date... Oh I have no freaking idea.

The long days are beginning to wear on me. Even at night, I can't get good sleep because of the racket the inspired elf is making. More migrants arrived earlier today, but they don't seem to be too happy with the elf in the fortress. The human part of me, my mind, wants to go back to the surface, see the sun once more, but the dwarven part of me, my body, doesn't. I've begun scratching images into the bedroom walls, things for someone to look at. Pictures of home.

I miss my friends from the old world. No matter how much I try to forget them, how much I try to move on, I still think of them. I finally gave up and engraved pictures of them in my bedroom, to remind me of those who were left behind. I wonder what they are doing now, what the world is doing now. Has the world even noticed our disappearances? Is this all in my head, and everything is just a dream? It's been going on too long for that to be the case. No, I'm stuck here. As much fun as it is to interact with fellow players...

I don't know anymore. I should get back to work.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 10:58:38 am »

((Since no one else seems to be posting even though they were on earlier today I'm going to go ahead and time skip the rest of the creation process))

(Endlessblaze has created "emberflare the warmth of blazes" an artifact iron short sword.
-date unknown-

It's....it's beautiful.....
The ruby imbedded in its hilt seems to glow softly, the gold spikes on the side of the hilt curving up, with more gold coming up from the base of the spikes and meeting the side of the blade. On the blade itself is an image of a fire....on the other side is an engraving of a burning tree, and an elf but the tree itself is unharmed and genrateing Fire from its magic, the elf is forgeing.

It's all a blur. It felt like raw power coursing thorough my veins....like I could do anything....

The art seems to fit me, an elf forgeing something, in the fires of a tree that forever burns.
The gold and ruby that shines in the light....

This is emberflare the warmth of blazes. It even has its own sheath, scabbard whatever its called, my mind is still foggy so I can't remember.

The sheath itself is made mostly of iron but covered in gold, with flames engraved into the gold.

I need to show the others this, my fellow bay12ers at least will want to know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(In the dining room)
HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT! I MADE IT! I HAVE CREATED A ARTIFACT!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:03:27 am by endlessblaze »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2015, 08:19:33 am »

((I'll post later today, bit busy right now))

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2015, 02:23:04 pm »

Ooooh... Sharp Shiney, Me Likey!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »

I know right......

MINE!

(Endlessblaze hold the sword tightly)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2015, 06:48:12 pm »

Don't know why I'm doing this, but I'm writing down any conversations I have now too. Guess I'm goin' crazy already.

So, the Elf made a cool sword, and it seems to have fire magic or something, so I said;

"Nice sword, Elf. Think you could do it on a smaller scale? I've been trying to think of a permanent source of heat for a project of mine."

On an unrelated note, I've made some progress on Project Boomstick, we have a few sulfur deposits in the mountain, and the animals've built up enough shit in their pasture for saltpeter to form.  Now I just need to convince one of the furnace operators to make a lot of charcoal, and either find a chemist or dredge up some more neurons.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:22 pm »

(Amperzands question required me to make a sort of magic system, seeing as we don't have all the details of toadys plan. I have left myself unsure about all this information so as to allow changeling it if you guys don't like it.also we should learn eachothers names. Hope I did a good job with this.)

-date unknown-

The other miner asked if I could somehow replicate the fire magic in the sword. It's an intriguing idea that should be investigated further. The magic seems low key. But it's still there. I can tell. It always feals warm, or maybe a little cool. But never cold.

I'm not sure if it can be replicated, for all I know the magic came from the rush of power i felt as I made it. This could be a type of event that only happens in a strange mood. But still the dwarf fortress game had magic in the form of necromancers and more magic was planed at some point. Overhauls of the sphere system and the like. So it may be worth looking into.

-date unknown-

I spoke with some of the dwarfs native to this world today.  While few believed the plight of myself and my fellows,(for how else would I explain my lack of knowledge of this world without comeing off as suspicious) they did reveal some insight.

- There are three types of magic in this world. Will magic, runic magic and calling magic. These forms are not mutually excluseve and can be used togther for various reasons. There is also artifact magic but there is a debate on if it is actualy a magical type.

Will magic is based on what you disire to happen, and is thought by some to be the easiest but thought to be the hardest by others, apparently some find it harder than others.

In this form of magic the user channels there own innate power and the power around them.  It's mostly, "I want him to burn and I apply power to that want, he is now on fire" though not everyone can get a grasp on how to use this power.

Runic magic is what it sounds like, the usage of runes In order to tap into the magic in the world and direct it.
It's easyer but the runes draw lots of power and an unskilled user might find it saping there life force instead of what they wanted it to drain, there is also the restriction of haveing to draw out the big runes when you need them ASAP and a few runes on cards are not likely to get you very far in major situations

Calling magic works on gestures and words to call forth power. It's much the same as runic magic except that it's more versatile, but your left defenseless if your mouth is blocked and you can't move properly to cast the spell. This is what the necromancers in the game use.

The so called "fourth type" is artifact magic, little is known about it except that it is almost imposible to channel and it only happens during a strange mood, leaving to some to debate if it is a magic form or simply a odd fluctuation in magic energy.

Of course I need more information, I will have to learn more, maybe if traders come here I can get some information out of them.

This is all just what I have been told, and there is no way to tell if this is accurate information. The dwarfs may have simply been pulling my leg.

Regardless I need to look into possibility's.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2015, 10:57:32 pm »

"Fascinatin'. Well, I'll have to look into such things, though I'd like to stick with science if I can, that being as complex as it sounds."

I finished some more rooms today, found a vein of gems and some funny-colored rock.

Started on a staircase down, hoping to find a cavern, or maybe some better ore.

Food's running a little shy, perhaps I should switch jobs for a while, get agriculture or fishing online.

{{But seriously, guys, post more, it can just be random BS about your character forming conspiracy theories, but we need more posters.}}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2015, 06:40:24 am »

((I know right, what is this? General discussion?))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2015, 09:00:57 am »

((Sorry guys, I'm just hellishly busy doing a whole assload of random shit right now, I'll try to get you something later today (for reference, I live in PST)))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:36 pm »

((I don't know what that is))

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2015, 05:14:42 am »

Thought it was time for a journal entry, and time to try out some of this magic stuff.

Somethin'th of slate.
Well shit, diary journal! Something weird happened down in the mines today. I was diggin this strange purple rock that was glowing slightly and it was HARD!!!
I just could not break it! That PISSED ME OFF, and I was yelling at this rock about how I would destroy its entire world and devour the soul of its firstborn child because fuck that bitch, I'm going to break you.
 So I'm yelling and my blood is boiling and I was AAAANNNNGGGRRRYYY and then all of a sudden the world went monochrome right as I hit the zenith of my next swing. No time to stop now, I was swinging. So, I hit that rock, the world went from black and white to a photonegative. Next thing I know, I'm in a crater the size of a house.
So I got up, but SHIT Was I dizzy. I leant against a wall and it was really hot for some reason. Then, what the fuck, it's melting, and then I notice my boots are smoking and my clothes are on fire. OUAGH WHYYYY doesn't this hurt?
But get this journal. The source of this terrific heat was... Me! It subsided after about a minute but hell. Why wasn't I a !!Dwarf!!?
This will require further investivigation. Anyhow, that's all for now!
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 262